Essendon Bombers: Ambrose Baker Thompson Bryan Conforti Atley
North Melbourne: Xerri Phillips Clayton Watkins Gunther Bosenavulagi

Ford unlucky not to be in bests.

How the hell gunther get in Best’s when his man kicked 5

Oct 12, 2008
The North of Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Getting around to watching the replay now. What strikes me about it is the commentary. There's no obnoxious personalities competing for attention with ridiculous slogans, no joking with each other and ignoring the play. Just well-spoken professionals calling the game. Far cry from what you normally hear in the AFL.

speedy

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 5, 2001
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Getting around to watching the replay now. What strikes me about it is the commentary. There's no obnoxious personalities competing for attention with ridiculous slogans, no joking with each other and ignoring the play. Just well-spoken professionals calling the game. Far cry from what you normally hear in the AFL.
What I like best is they actually get excited when north do something good.

Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Finished the replay, gee there were some tired but happy looking boys when the siren went! Just a bloody solid slog all day, no real down patches where they got scored heavily against and we managed to just keep the scoreboard ticking over. It's a funny one, because the final scoreline was probably closer than it should have been as we had a lot of behinds as well as shots that never troubled the scoreboard.

Really happy for Xerri but especially Will, after being the gameday emergency and medical sub respectively last week for our first win. Speaking of those blokes... Phwoar. Not sure I've ever seen a big man get so many down and dirty handballs off while on their back or knees, just insane to think he broke the contested possession record. Phillips is just clean, though a few disposals were occasionally a meter or so off from being perfect, and his running power and balance just lets him be consistently be involved in the plays even if he starts the chain.

Very enjoyable game to watch, and a shoutout to the commentators who were head and shoulders more enjoyable to listen to than their usual counterparts at senior level.

north-melbourne.jpg

State league affiliate: North Melbourne (VFL)
This weekend: Essendon v North Melbourne - Saturday May 22, 2.05pm, Windy Hill

Young ruck Tristan Xerri starred for North Melbourne in the VFL on Saturday, finishing with 35 touches, nine marks and 27 hitouts in the Roos' 15-point over Essendon.

Last year's No.3 draft pick Will Phillips impressed with 28 touches and five tackles.

Draftee Eddie Ford impressed in front of goal, finishing with 2.1 from 17 touches

I wandered up for a squiz. Didn't stay for the whole thing, should have lol.

Was grouse in that you could go and listen to the coaches address at quarter and three quarter time breaks.

Patch was very clear at quarter time in his messaging that if they stuck to the plan, they would win. He pointed out all the KPIs and how we were hitting them.

Stick to the plan, keep your shape and we'll win he said. They did and we did.

Other interesting thing was that Noble came up and was having words with Philips directly. Get the real feeling Will is being brought through the 2s in the old fashioned way, and jeez the effect is clear.

Also, good win id difficult ciercumstances by the boys. I saw Jas Garner and Emma Kearney stealing the VFL boys oranges during the break, and Jassy even nicked the magnets off Patch's board.

This was being directed by The Admin, who were all wearing pink pussy hats and have had their hair dyed green. They were shouting that the VFL team would be successful over their dead bodies and booed loudly when we won.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back