VFL VFL 2023 - [Rnd11 vs * - Sunday June 4 - 1:35pm @NEC Hangar]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure why he is playing VFL , seems to be first dropped each week, looks a class above this level

He's a bit down the pecking order in terms of mids at AFL level right now unfortunately.

But he is seriously good at winning his own footy and as a link up player.

Jacob Edwards looks like a baby deer, and Will Walker looks like a cadaver. Our boys are all playing well, particularly Lazz, plus it’s fun to watch Speighty pick fights.

I think it's fair to state that Will Walker is:

From what I saw earlier in the year, that passage shows how much benefit it is having a couple of KPFs added to the side. Edwards with the contest from the long kick to half forward, bringing it to ground, and then Comben a tall getting out that back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, he's not. He's been fine, but not better than many others out there today.

It’s a shocking day for forwards, athletically he just looks like a different species to most out there.

He’s 6”7 remember, he’s moving like most of the midfielders.

There’s a bit of Naughton about him.

Great effort on the smother from Comben there.

We're less than a half into the game and both our 200cm KPF prospects have dived full length to lay big smothers. It's a different game to it was 20 years ago.

It’s a shocking day for forwards, athletically he just looks like a different species to most out there.

He’s 6”7 remember, he’s moving like most of the midfielders.

There’s a bit of Naughton about him.
Yeah, you said he was a level above. He's not. Edwards was as good as him, TC is dominant at this level and the Borough FF had a good first quarter. As I said, he's been fine, but not a level above the VFL.

Edit: Agree athletically though. Very much in the mould of those modern mobile talls. Edwards is too.

Reckon Phoenix put in 6 or 7 efforts in that passage just then. Good signs that his fitness is building.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back