VFL VFL 2023 - [Rnd11 vs * - Sunday June 4 - 1:35pm @NEC Hangar]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
McGuiness's Stat's don't really line up with the feedback he routinely cops, what gives there ?
You can be a steady VFL player without having the weapons needed for the next level; unfortunately it's very much a characteristic of our AFL-listed VFL players (Pat Walker, McGuiness, Kryon, Atu, etc)

McGuiness's Stat's don't really line up with the feedback he routinely cops, what gives there ?
A lot of kickouts and stat padding. Ultimately, lacks the strength, intensity and competitiveness to succeed at the higher level.

It was very noticeable today (and not for the first time) the difference in quality between the AFL-listed players Sydney put out in the VFL compared to North. They had some serious quality AFL players who could do a job if called on - Callum Sinclair, Harry Cunningham, Ladhams, Braeden Campbell etc etc - in comparison to our AFL-list - Edwards, Goater and Ford still developing, Comben, TT and Cunners on the way back, and then what? Atu, Pat Walker, McGuiness, Spicer, Hayden. Pretty much the same story when we played Melbourne - chalk and cheese

Wasn’t great, wasn’t bad. Was outsized on most occasions but he competed relatively well against McLean/Amartey/Ladhams. I thought his disposal going forward was average.
Reckon he could be very good, but mother of god, he has zero spatial awareness. Just lacks a little urgency with his disposal and almost always takes 1 to 2 steps too many before he gets rid of it. His disposal is often pressured, almost always needlessly.

I f he can get that part of his game right, he can be a regular. I'm a bit on the fence with him tbh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back