VFL 2023 - GOLD COAST SUNS WIN THE PREMIERSHIP

Remove this Banner Ad

Port are just about to implode

Hanrahan walks out and now highest possession player Lentini has torn up his contract and walked

number young players ready to walk also as can’t be bothered under current flip-flop coach who rewards players who get 2 possessions with a game then drop 5 players averaging 23 possessions. WTF.

got sucked into the Bennel ‘another shot at AFL’ story plus others (Wilkinson) to change course from young development to trying to win a flag.

doubt coach will see season out especially if Frankston wins tomorrow
Sounds like the selection policy at Coburg

Coburg has basically had their list gutted from their top end players all leaving.
…and they compound it by selecting repeat non performers

Coburg has basically had their list gutted from their top end players all leaving.
Looking forward to the ‘Ants heading down Bell Street in a couple of weeks. After everything that could have gone wrong last year going wrong, nailed a lot of things in the off season and are looking pretty good. Great coaching appointment (well anything would be an improvement on Hart but Dutch seems a ripper) and some very astute recruiting. Fingers crossed we can keep it up.

Lol football dead in Victoria?
Hopefully the AFL do the right thing this year and keep open the opportunity to play the VFL Grand Final in Queensland (or NSW) should the same situation play out this year instead of the 2022 situation of locking it to a venue in Melbourne like Ikon Park and then having the embarrassing situation of 3/4 of the prelim teams being based outside of Victoria. They avoided the embarrassment last year because Casey were good enough but going forward it should always be the highest ranked GF qualifier should host the Granny in their home state and right now it looks like it'll either be the Lions or Suns this year. Southport will be around the mark as well and even GWS are currently inside the top 8. Plus, Tasmania will be entering the league soon too.

Nice to see the Suns completely dominating Southport in the Mackenzie Cup today. Up by 41 points at halftime and Southport are not a bad team. Really looks like a two horse race in the VFL at the moment between the Suns and Lions but obviously they could change very quickly if injuries hit at the AFL level.

Just the VFL
Anyone who was at Coburg yesterday wouldn’t have said that. Corking see sawing game of footy, of a great standard for 2 bottom sides. Once senses Coburg saw this as their one shot at a win for the year and put in a great effort.

Also, was a great crowd in terms of size and loud and passionate. After years of both sides being aligned, I can genuinely now declare the battle of bell street a genuine rivalry. Was some great banter and even heated moments in the crowd.

Something you just don’t get when reserves sides play.

Top advertisement for the VFL all round.

And looks like my ants will avoid the spoon. Possibly even push for 6 or 7 wins.

Dutchy seems to be a very good coach, gets the most out of his players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone who was at Coburg yesterday wouldn’t have said that. Corking see sawing game of footy, of a great standard for 2 bottom sides. Once senses Coburg saw this as their one shot at a win for the year and put in a great effort.

Also, was a great crowd in terms of size and loud and passionate. After years of both sides being aligned, I can genuinely now declare the battle of bell street a genuine rivalry. Was some great banter and even heated moments in the crowd.

Something you just don’t get when reserves sides play.

Top advertisement for the VFL all round.

And looks like my ants will avoid the spoon. Possibly even push for 6 or 7 wins.

Dutchy seems to be a very good coach, gets the most out of his players.

Agree re passion when stand alone sides play reserves sides. Still strong rivalries with the old VFA sides which keeps me interested in the VFL, although I'd follow Willy regardless of what comp they play.

Another Willy win continues their resurgence. Might be wrong but I think it's Willy's first interstate win in the VFL. Lost to the Swans in Sydney by over 100 points last season.

Agree re passion when stand alone sides play reserves sides. Still strong rivalries with the old VFA sides which keeps me interested in the VFL, although I'd follow Willy regardless of what comp they play.

Another Willy win continues their resurgence. Might be wrong but I think it's Willy's first interstate win in the VFL. Lost to the Swans in Sydney by over 100 points last season.
it was Williamstown's first win since 'new era' VFL began.

Although, Their last interstate win in the VFL came in 2008 against the Tasmania Devils. Williamstown scored 200 that day and won by 151 points at Bellerive Oval

It was good to see reasonable crowd at Preston on Saturday (my first visit there for 6 years). Frankston’s first visit there since 2007 and became first win there since 1999. Much tougher task hosting undefeated Brisbane at Kinetic Stadium this Saturday Night.

It was a great day at Preston huge thanks for all the people that messaged me last week from my radio gig last monday night on 3WBC right thru to yesterday. Great to get a win in my milestone game (600th overall game as a timekeeper (344 VFL, 233 (Old) VFL Reserves and 23 VFLW Games)).

It was good to see reasonable crowd at Preston on Saturday (my first visit there for 6 years). Frankston’s first visit there since 2007 and became first win there since 1999. Much tougher task hosting undefeated Brisbane at Kinetic Stadium this Saturday Night.

It was a great day at Preston huge thanks for all the people that messaged me last week from my radio gig last monday night on 3WBC right thru to yesterday. Great to get a win in my milestone game (600th overall game as a timekeeper (344 VFL, 233 (Old) VFL Reserves and 23 VFLW Games)).
Congrats mate!

It was a decent crowd, would’ve looked even better but most of the blokes celebrating the reunion of the historic 83’ triple premiership season were viewing from in the social club.

Was a good match and your mob were just too good on the day.

Absolutely. You don’t win multiple B&F at Coburg go to Port and average +25 possessions to be turfed out by an infancy coach.

I was At a function at port Saturday night with terrible numbers from past players and supporters no president or board. spoke to a couple of current players they are so frustrated with club from recruitment (Bennell who has walked) to poor team selection with players being gifted games on crap performances especially if old man played afl. Funny that hird gets 4 possessions as a mid ( that’s right, 4 possessions as an vfl mid) against sandy keeps his spot which is unbelievable in its self, and gets 21 against the low ranked swans with club pumping him up like some superstar with a big social media post whilst 6 blokes got more Than him. Manton averaging 5 possessions last few weeks keeps his spot whilst pointed out to me heaps of port contracted players smashing it at suburban level can’t get a look in. Apperantly 4 contracted players have walked out. We have only won against teams under us so next few weeks could be an onslaught way things going

never seen the club and playing group so disconnected. As some one said bring back Ayres as you knew where you stood with him, played no favourites, embraced the club, past players and ensured EVERY player earnt their spot in his team.
I've been out of the loop for the last few weeks - Bennell is gone too? Yikes

Suns and Lions remain equal at the top of the VFL ladder with 9 wins apiece.

At what point does the GF venue discussion come up? It should have never been locked to Ikon Park last year and the AFL narrowly avoided the massive blunder of an all-Queensland GF being playing in Melbourne but it's looking like there's a fair chance that might play out again this year. Should the AFL just book the Gabba/Carrara now to avoid any kind of blunder in September?

If you have your afternoon free today get down to Cramer Street, will be a bumper, conflicted crowd given the crossover between Preston and Pies supporter bases. Get your beers in early they will run out I predict. Go Tonners!

I think North will be a real smoky for the flag if we can make finals.

We have had the longest injury list in the AFL for a number of weeks with some players naturally coming back over the next 4-5 weeks.

We have also had some strange situations where a number of other talented players have played big blocks of VFL following long layoffs, so have all qualified for VFL finals, which will be completed after the end of the North AFL season.

I'm talking a group of players (some doing really well at AFL level at the moment) like George Wardlaw, Tarryn Thomas, Callum Coleman-Jones, Charlie Comben, Eddie Ford, Ben Cunnington, Aaron Hall, Miller Bergman, Phoenix Spicer, Paul Curtis have all now qualified for VFL finals....

There's a situation where North's starting midfield in the VFL finals series is Xerri, Wardlaw, Cunnington and Thomas....

I think North will be a real smoky for the flag if we can make finals.

We have had the longest injury list in the AFL for a number of weeks with some players naturally coming back over the next 4-5 weeks.

We have also had some strange situations where a number of other talented players have played big blocks of VFL following long layoffs, so have all qualified for VFL finals, which will be completed after the end of the North AFL season.

I'm talking a group of players (some doing really well at AFL level at the moment) like George Wardlaw, Tarryn Thomas, Callum Coleman-Jones, Charlie Comben, Eddie Ford, Ben Cunnington, Aaron Hall, Miller Bergman, Phoenix Spicer, Paul Curtis have all now qualified for VFL finals....

There's a situation where North's starting midfield in the VFL finals series is Xerri, Wardlaw, Cunnington and Thomas....
None of Wardlaw, Thomas, CCJ, Comben, Cunnington, Spicer, Bergman or Curtis have qualified yet. Need at least 7 games at VFL level with no more than 12 at AFL level.

None of Wardlaw, Thomas, CCJ, Comben, Cunnington, Spicer, Bergman or Curtis have qualified yet. Need at least 7 games at VFL level with no more than 12 at AFL level.

It's 6+ I think.

I checked after I made that post, as I thought it was 5. Wardlaw and Thomas don't. Wadlaw played 5, he missed a game with a knock to his knee. Thomas has played 4, so wont qualify if he plays the remainder of the year in the VFL.

Cunnington qualifies this week, Spicer has, Curtis will likely.

It's 6+ I think.

I checked after I made that post, as I thought it was 5. Wardlaw and Thomas don't. Wadlaw played 5, he missed a game with a knock to his knee. Thomas has played 4, so wont qualify if he plays the remainder of the year in the VFL.

Cunnington qualifies this week, Spicer has, Curtis will likely.
Some say 6, others 7. Still need to play less than half the AFL games though, so guys like Bergman, Spicer and Wardlaw are unlikely to qualify given that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back