roo9699

Club Legend
Sep 24, 2003
Vic.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
WATCH THIS SPACE

!! Reserves and U19s Database Coming !!

I am currently in the process of putting together a database of results for all the Reserves and U19 games from 1919 to 1999 and also the VFL and the U18 TAC Cup matches through to the present.
I am about 90% complete with the Reserves scores and about 75% complete with the U19 scores
- need to tidy up some discrepancies and fill some gaps in the early years (trips to SLV required)
and I hope to have a web site up and running within the next couple of months (work & other commitments may delay this)

Regards, Ron
Attached some screen captures of the 1919 seasonView attachment 12287
View attachment 12290

Has anyone managed to get a hold of "Catsandtahs" ....???
His name is Ron , he has not posted since in a long time
Ron , if you are reading this , please PM me.
Thanks

RogersResults

Premiership Player
May 7, 2009
Wagga Wagga
Has anyone managed to get a hold of "Catsandtahs" ....???
His name is Ron , he has not posted since in a long time
Ron , if you are reading this , please PM me.
Thanks
A match missing from the attached list - Leopold vs University "B" played on May 2nd 1919 is reported on
by the Record (Emerald Hill) 9 August 1919 page 3. http://trove.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/article/165178150

This and other suburban papers may be a source of more missing results.

Rizzo32

Debutant
Mar 26, 2006
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'm back for some more assistance, after someone with a number of 2005 footy records (or Inside Football) for some Williamstown VFL Goals and Bests. I am missing the following VFL rounds:

Round 6 vs Bendigo
Round 7 vs Port
Round 8 vs Blues
Round 9 vs Geelong
Round 11 vs Box Hill
Round 12 vs Weribee
Round 15 vs Sandy
Round 16 vs Bendigo
Round 17 vs Port

No luck on the State library online archive so hoping there still a few hoarders out there.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

cheers

worbod

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2008
Bendigo
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Liverpool
I'm back for some more assistance, after someone with a number of 2005 footy records (or Inside Football) for some Williamstown VFL Goals and Bests. I am missing the following VFL rounds:

Round 6 vs Bendigo
Round 7 vs Port
Round 8 vs Blues
Round 9 vs Geelong
Round 11 vs Box Hill
Round 12 vs Weribee
Round 15 vs Sandy
Round 16 vs Bendigo
Round 17 vs Port

No luck on the State library online archive so hoping there still a few hoarders out there.

cheers

I have some info from some Herald-Suns I have kept. Sorry but I don't have the data for the Box Hill or Sandringham games. Did you check Herald-Sun and Age microfilm at the State Library? The missing data would surely be contained within those newspapers.

Round 6 vs Bendigo GOALS: Rusling 3, Egan 2, Galea, Hall, Smoker, Shaw, Pearce, Theodore BEST:Lloyd, Swan, Theodore, Williams, Lonie, Dukes
Round 7 vs Port GOALS: Pearce, Rusling, Davis 2, Lonie, Williams, Lawry, Galea, Lokan, Iacobucci, Shaw, Dukes BEST: Cranage, Lawry, Tallis, Pearce, Cloke, Iacobucci
Round 8 vs Blues GOALS: Woewodin 3, Dukes 2, Lonie, Lawry, Lokin, Cranage BEST: Lokin, Cloke, Davies, Woewodin, Shaw, Dukes
Round 9 vs Geelong GOALS: O'Brien, Davidson, Barling 2, Fanning, Hall, Cloke, Dukes, Lonie, Walker, Coates BEST: Cranage, Lokan, O'Brien, Cloke, Davies, Lonie
Round 12 vs Werribee GOALS: Dukes 5, Galea 4, Davies, King, Davis 2, Williams, Rusling BEST: Davis, Dukes, Shaw, Cloke, Iacobucci, Cranage
Round 16 vs Bendigo GOALS: Lloyd 3, Tallis, Dukes 2, Jarrad, Rowe, Lawry, Cranage, Lokan BEST: Lloyd, Swan, Davies, Lawry, Cranage, Tallis
Round 17 vs Port GOALS: Dukes 6, Jarrad, Picken, Tallis, Morrison, Lawry, Lokan, Cranage BEST: Davies, Lokan, Dukes, Barling, Williams, Cranage

35Daicos

Premium Platinum
Mar 6, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood (VFL), Man Utd.

Round 6 vs Bendigo
Round 7 vs Port
Round 8 vs Blues
Round 9 vs Geelong
Round 11 vs Box Hill
Round 12 vs Weribee
Round 15 vs Sandy
Round 16 vs Bendigo
Round 17 vs Port

cheers
Goalkickers and best players for the rd. 15 Sandringham game can be found here:-

http://www.foxsportspulse.com/club_...ID=136508&&news_task=DETAIL&articleID=9039924
Goalkickers: Jarrad 2, Williams, Davidson, Lloyd, Cranage, Davies.
Best Players: Jarrad, Picken, Leonard, Meyer, B. Shaw, O'Brien.

The Box Hill game gets only a brief write-up, the details you are looking for aren't there. It looks like worbod has got the rest of the games covered, but you might find something of interest in the other pages:- http://www.foxsportspulse.com/club_info.cgi?c=1-118-10459-1-0&sID=136508

35Daicos

Premium Platinum
Mar 6, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams

Round 11 vs Box Hill
http://vflfooty.com/node/3077

VFL Seniors Box Hill Hawks 2.4 6.10 9.13 12.17 (89) Williamstown 3.3 7.6 10.10 13.14 (92) BEST: Box Hill Hawks: Greene Lekkas Murphy McGlynn Jansen Lonie Williamstown: Fanning Dukes Cloke Jarrad Lokan Shaw GOALS: Box Hill Hawks: Jolley 3 Rudolph 2 Breese 2 McGlynn 2 Lekkas Alleway Lonie Williamstown: Dukes 4 Hall 2 Egan 2 Picken Iacobucci Williams Barling Jarrad REPORTED PLAYERS: Box Hill Hawks: K. Height (Box Hill Hawks) for wrestling. Williamstown: H. Shaw (Williamstown) for wrestling. J. Cloke (Williamstown) for charging.

I don't know how reliable this site is, but you can probably find the results pages for all rounds:- http://vflfooty.com/forum/48

35Daicos

Premium Platinum
Mar 6, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Does anyone here have all the 100+ games for all divvies?

Cheers.
This shows VFA Division 1 wins in order of size:- http://australianfootball.com/leagues/biggest_wins/VFA/193

Division 2:- http://australianfootball.com/leagu...ound/all/round_type/all/limit/500/filter/show

Same thing for the VFL (1996 >):- http://australianfootball.com/leagues/biggest_wins/VFL/126

The Australian Football website seems to be getting bigger and better almost every time I look at it. Well done to everyone involved.

Aug 23, 2010
Information Superhighway
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Exers, Gryffindor, Rich+Ess AFLW, Tassie
This shows VFA Division 1 wins in order of size:- http://australianfootball.com/leagues/biggest_wins/VFA/193

Division 2:- http://australianfootball.com/leagu...ound/all/round_type/all/limit/500/filter/show

Same thing for the VFL (1996 >):- http://australianfootball.com/leagues/biggest_wins/VFL/126

The Australian Football website seems to be getting bigger and better almost every time I look at it. Well done to everyone involved.

Those are all incomplete lists.

35Daicos

Premium Platinum
Mar 6, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Those are all incomplete lists.
I've just noticed that with the Division 2 games. They may well be in the process of adding more results, I think I saw elsewhere that they were hoping to do that this off-season. With a bit of luck the full list(s) may be available soon.

Edit:- here's what australianfootball had to say about updating the VFA results back in September:-

As far as australianfootball.com is concerned, we now have every VFA q-q score from 1897 to 1960.

The divisional system was introduced in 1961, but as yet we only have Division One scores for 1961-1970, and finals thereafter. In the off season completing the full VFA scores (Divs 1 & 2) through to 1995 will be a priority.

Then we turn our attention to the original VFA 1877-1896 (although for anyone seeking those scores online now, Andrew Robinson's GapChessCLub site is a wonderful resource).

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threa...sults-and-ladders.874855/page-4#post-40805060

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2010
Information Superhighway
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Exers, Gryffindor, Rich+Ess AFLW, Tassie
I've just noticed that with the Division 2 games. They may well be in the process of adding more results, I think I saw elsewhere that they were hoping to do that this off-season. With a bit of luck the full list(s) may be available soon.

Edit:- here's what australianfootball had to say about updating the VFA results back in September:-

As far as australianfootball.com is concerned, we now have every VFA q-q score from 1897 to 1960.

The divisional system was introduced in 1961, but as yet we only have Division One scores for 1961-1970, and finals thereafter. In the off season completing the full VFA scores (Divs 1 & 2) through to 1995 will be a priority.

Then we turn our attention to the original VFA 1877-1896 (although for anyone seeking those scores online now, Andrew Robinson's GapChessCLub site is a wonderful resource).

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threa...sults-and-ladders.874855/page-4#post-40805060

That's what I'm hoping.

Rizzo32

Debutant
Mar 26, 2006
AFL Club
Collingwood
Many thanks for the effort Worbod & Daics, dead set champions!!

I now have complete records of all Collingwood VFL Games and Goals from 2000 to present. Now working back through Ressies, I have reasonably accurate Ressies Goals back to mid 80's but hard to fill in who played.

Need some Goals and bests that don't appear to have been published in the Footy Record if anyone can find them:

1997 Reserves R12 Coll vs Ess
1996 Reserves R9 Coll vs
1995 Reserves R11 Coll vs Stk
1995 Reserves R14 Coll vs NM

cheers folks

Just fyi, here's all the 50 game players from Collingwood/Willi affiliate 2000 to present:

upload_2016-1-22_12-23-28.png

35Daicos

Premium Platinum
Mar 6, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Need some Goals and bests that don't appear to have been published in the Footy Record if anyone can find them:

This one is in the rd. 15 Football Record (page 25):-

RESERVES — ROUND 14
North Melbourne 19.11 (125) d. Collingwood 12.10 (82)
Best: North Melbourne — Mallon, Reynolds, Pyman, Freeborn, Simpson, Clarkson. Collingwood — Wild. Christian, Curran, Smith, Tranquilli. Goals: North Melbourne — Clarkson, Mallon 6, Reynolds 4, Barnett, McAdam. Ishchenko. Collingwood — Tranquilli 4, Lowther 2, Ahmat, Wild, Schauble, Hider, Aitken,
Merton.

Attachments

• Football Record 1995 Round 15 - page 25 .pdf
    669.1 KB · Views: 532

(Log in to remove this ad.)

35Daicos

Premium Platinum
Mar 6, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams

35Daicos

Premium Platinum
Mar 6, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
I'm on the lookout for

Under 19: 1949 June 11 Richmond's score and Carlton's score
Under 19: 1950 July 22 , Richmond's score and opponent name and score.
Not even the Sporting Globe has these scores, very annoying, but I'll keep trying!

Looking at the rd. 14 (date July 22 1950) Football Record Third Eighteens premiership table and comparing it with the table in the rd. 15 Record:- Richmond went from 8 Wins 5 Losses to 9 Wins 5 Losses so they obviously won, from 651 to 733 Points For so they scored 82, and the Points Against went from 620 to 640, so just 20 points conceded. Fitzroy went from 3 W 9 L to 3 W 10 L, from 541 to 561 Points For (+20) and 795 to 877 Points Against (+82) so they must have been the opponent.

rbartlett

Club Legend
Jan 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Not even the Sporting Globe has these scores, very annoying, but I'll keep trying!

Looking at the rd. 14 (date July 22 1950) Football Record Third Eighteens premiership table and comparing it with the table in the rd. 15 Record:- Richmond went from 8 Wins 5 Losses to 9 Wins 5 Losses so they obviously won, from 651 to 733 Points For so they scored 82, and the Points Against went from 620 to 640, so just 20 points conceded. Fitzroy went from 3 W 9 L to 3 W 10 L, from 541 to 561 Points For (+20) and 795 to 877 Points Against (+82) so they must have been the opponent.

Thanks 35Daicos.
I also triple checked Sporting Globe but strangely that is missing the data.

RESERVES
I'm also missing Richmond's full score , and Essendon's full score Rd 1 1998. I have Richmond with 68, Essendon 113. But no idea how the score was made up, or even who the goalkickers are

35Daicos

Premium Platinum
Mar 6, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Thanks 35Daicos.
I also triple checked Sporting Globe but strangely that is missing the data.

RESERVES
I'm also missing Richmond's full score , and Essendon's full score Rd 1 1998. I have Richmond with 68, Essendon 113. But no idea how the score was made up, or even who the goalkickers are
Obviously that game's details were left out of the Rd. 2 Football Record, which is rather inconvenient. On the Reserves Goalkickers list (on page 54) you can at least see that Aaron James scored 3 goals, Lionel Proctor 2, seemingly they were the only multiple goalscorers.

Rizzo32

Debutant
Mar 26, 2006
AFL Club
Collingwood
Are each years tribunal results easily accessible somewhere online? 1996 and prior I'm most interested in.

35Daicos

Premium Platinum
Mar 6, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Are each years tribunal results easily accessible somewhere online? 1996 and prior I'm most interested in.
This relic from the AFL Historical Statistics site is still out there and should cover most of what you're looking for:- http://wayback.archive.org/web/2013...on_idIndex=0&guiltyIndex=0&AFLstatisticMenu=1

It can be sorted in order of report date, player name, club etc. It only has results from league matches and (from what I remember from the last time I looked at this) it seems the pre-season/night series game tribunal results cannot be accessed.

Last edited:

worbod

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2008
Bendigo
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Liverpool

1997 Reserves R12 Coll vs Ess
1996 Reserves R9 Coll vs
1995 Reserves R11 Coll vs Stk

cheers folks

I have some old Herald-Suns from this era which I collected on the Monday after each round. Unfortunately for you, I do not have the results you want for the 1996 game, which was against Geelong. It was played on Monday May 27, so that info would presumably be in the Tuesday May 28 microfilm, assuming you haven't been able to find it on the web.

1997 round 12 vs. Essendon:
GOALS: Pugsley 5, Barnett, M. Francis, Griffin 2, Crosisca, Fuller, Liddell, Polley, Warburton
BEST: Pugsley, Barnett, Polley, Crosisca, Barham, Anderson

worbod

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2008
Bendigo
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Liverpool
RESERVES

The Herald-Sun has printed Essendon's score as 133 (19 goals, 19 behinds) and Richmond's 68 is given as 10 goals 8 behinds.
Hope this doesn't prove an unfathomable conflict with your score of 113, but the goal kickers they listed do add up to 19 goals:

ESSENDON GOALS: Rioli 7, Christoforo 5, Blumfield 2, Anderson, Ukovic, J. Johnson, B. Caracella, Delmastro
ESSENDON BEST: Di Rosa, Rioli, Imbi, Blumfield, Bomford, Lalich, Doolan
RICHMOND GOALS: James 3, Proctor 2, Nichols, Bower, McKee, Rombolis, Plapp
RICHMOND BEST: McKee, Proctor, Taylor, Tivendale, Turner

35Daicos

Premium Platinum
Mar 6, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
The Herald-Sun has printed Essendon's score as 133 (19 goals, 19 behinds) and Richmond's 68 is given as 10 goals 8 behinds.
Hope this doesn't prove an unfathomable conflict with your score of 113, but the goal kickers they listed do add up to 19 goals:

ESSENDON GOALS: Rioli 7, Christoforo 5, Blumfield 2, Anderson, Ukovic, J. Johnson, B. Caracella, Delmastro
ESSENDON BEST: Di Rosa, Rioli, Imbi, Blumfield, Bomford, Lalich, Doolan
RICHMOND GOALS: James 3, Proctor 2, Nichols, Bower, McKee, Rombolis, Plapp
RICHMOND BEST: McKee, Proctor, Taylor, Tivendale, Turner
http://www.tigerlandarchive.org/tiki-index.php?page=1998+Reserves

1 L65 68 Essendon 133

This suggests 133 was the figure Rhett was after.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back