News Vfl anti density (netball) rule ---> AFL ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
We got the ping pong rules this season.

666, almost soccer style out of bounce deliberates - recently introduced too. And all the other crap.

How long until the afl introduce netball rules into the afl?

Not long until it happens I would guess if it's in the vfl...

I hope they gets bibs. Goal attack. Wing defender etc.

Last edited:

Dimma mentioned in his presser today that he and a lot of the other sr coaches aren’t happy about the disparity between the rule sets between the AFL and the Eastern seaboard comp
Said it’s difficult in terms of development because they are essentially playing a different game that requires different strategies and set ups

Dimma mentioned in his presser today that he and a lot of the other sr coaches aren’t happy about the disparity between the rule sets between the AFL and the Eastern seaboard comp
Said it’s difficult in terms of development because they are essentially playing a different game that requires different strategies and set ups

Bevo said the same. Said JUH isn’t going to play because he is virtually playing a different position at VFL to what they want at AFL.

It's so stupid
If I wanted to go watch blokes stand in the same spot all day I'd go watch some council workers

At least they can move from foot to foot..........

Anti congestion zones in the TAC made Ben Lennon look like a first round draft pick. He had no tank when it came to playing AFL.

With this rule in the VFL, we won't get the same match fitness into our reserves. :thumbsdown:

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t mind the idea of this rule but imo they have it wrong. Just as soon as there is a stoppage a 5 second clock starts and you have that time to have say 4 players minimum in both 50’s, or maybe even 5 players. Otherwise free kick and 50m penalty. That way teams have to leave a structure somewhere in their front half at all times.

That means there are no long delays setting up and you get the effect of keeping players spread over the field, which is how the game is at its best.

I don’t mind the idea of this rule but imo they have it wrong. Just as soon as there is a stoppage a 5 second clock starts and you have that time to have say 4 players minimum in both 50’s, or maybe even 5 players. Otherwise free kick and 50m penalty. That way teams have to leave a structure somewhere in their front half at all times.

That means there are no long delays setting up and you get the effect of keeping players spread over the field, which is how the game is at its best.
I disagree. The rule is just stupid and is created by people who don't fundamentally understand the game. We don't have an offside rule which allows players to go where ever they please. Adding in these zones I think will almost be a nail in the coffin of the AFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back