VFL coverage

Remove this Banner Ad

No, he/she doesnt. Just pointing out that spending in one area of the club (media) is not neccessarily related to spending in another area of the club (netball).

As a VFL follower I see most games during the season. I also appreciate that many who would love to see VFL games live cant, for whatever reasons. If the club are saying that the $ and numbers dont stack up for live streaming or replays, then I believe them. In time the numbers might work, but they dont right now.

Off topic, I'd prefer the club put resources into ensuring more games (VFL, AFLW and VFLW) are played at Victoria Park. If we could concentrate on building up a Vic Park following, then the benefits will flow to our second tier footy teams, including building their profile and support. Benefits for all! Might even generate more and better media coverage of these teams down the track.

I support Collingwood and can't get to both VFL and AFL games on a weekend, AFL is my priority and i get to most games, I want to see blokes like Wills, Murphy, Seir, Daicos etc play and can't, that's absolute bullshit and we as supporters don't deserve it.

VFL has been put to the back of the line as we want to push AFLW and Netball if people don't see that they really are delusional, the club has clearly cut back in other areas VFL being one of them.

I support Collingwood and can't get to both VFL and AFL games on a weekend, AFL is my priority and i get to most games, I want to see blokes like Wills, Murphy, Seir, Daicos etc play and can't, that's absolute bullshit and we as supporters don't deserve it.

VFL has been put to the back of the line as we want to push AFLW and Netball if people don't see that they really are delusional, the club has clearly cut back in other areas VFL being one of them.

If you don't agree with my delusional talking point, that I've established off nothing but good ol' fashioned ignorance, you're delusional.

High comedy.

Not sure Netball is to blame since the VFL coverage was s**t well before the Netball season was close to starting

Agreed buddy.

But if the club is claiming that they don't have the money to improve the coverage, then it's logical to ask the question "well where else are you spending money".

In business it's called spending priorities, but to some of the nuffies on this board it's heretical to question muh diversity initiatives such as a football club fielding a netball team....

I get that you want more VFL coverage and I understand why.

But the club is on the front foot with the women’s teams, as they are a significant part of our future.

I personally have zero interest in the netball, but the AFLW is here to stay. If the club has to allocate resources to it, then that’s a good thing. It will grow and eventually generate its own income stream.

This should be seen as complementary to the men’s teams, not to their detriment.

But the club is on the front foot with the women’s teams, as they are a significant part of our future.

I personally have zero interest in the netball, but the AFLW is here to stay. If the club has to allocate resources to it, then that’s a good thing. It will grow and eventually generate its own income stream.

This should be seen as complementary to the men’s teams, not to their detriment.

Point 1: "I personally have zero interest in the netball" - that's sort of the point a few of us are trying to make - why would the football club spend money on a netball team a large percentage of the members have zero interest in rather than improving member services? Was the creation of the netball team put to a vote at the AGM? Did the yes vote win? What were the voting totals?

Point 2: "It will grow and eventually generate its own income stream" - Wanna bet? When does the club project that it will generate its own "income stream"? Have we got a target date on that?

You get in for free because we play at open public grounds Dave.

I just checked and it seems we don't have separate VFL memberships like other teams such as Box Hill and Northern Blues. Just the footy, AFLW and netball memberships.

Well Box Hill is a Totally Different Club to Hawthorn and I Northern Blues is not 100% Carlton

If you don't agree with my delusional talking point, that I've established off nothing but good ol' fashioned ignorance, you're delusional.

High comedy.

What an elegant dissertation that was. Please share more incoherent ramblings in italics as it really contributes to the discussion.

Well Box Hill is a Totally Different Club to Hawthorn and I Northern Blues is not 100% Carlton

Dave I was going to go to the Blues board and ask them why the youtube live feed against us was possible and if they get replays during the week and then I remembered it is the Blues Board :poo:.

Does anyone (MagpieBat) know if any other Clubs or Coburg or Frankston get replays? I am too lazy and dumb to investigate myself people.

As a VFL follower I see most games during the season. I also appreciate that many who would love to see VFL games live cant, for whatever reasons. If the club are saying that the $ and numbers dont stack up for live streaming or replays, then I believe them. In time the numbers might work, but they dont right now.

Off topic, I'd prefer the club put resources into ensuring more games ( VFLW) are played at Victoria Park.

The first paragraph is logical but the second one really takes the cake.

How many supporters would you reckon turn up to a vflw game? I'd suggest the attendance would be a couple of family members who don't want to be there, then you, then a couple of stray dogs, then a dozen seagulls trying to scab some hot chips.

Funny how vfl streaming doesn't pass a cost benefit analysis yet vflw - which amounts to sponsoring the hobby for a few women, does.

AFLW is finished before the the VFL Starts.

I thought Netball had a totally Different Department to the Footy Team.

Club more Worried about it's Image then it's Fans

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Point 1: "I personally have zero interest in the netball" - that's sort of the point a few of us are trying to make - why would the football club spend money on a netball team a large percentage of the members have zero interest in rather than improving member services? Was the creation of the netball team put to a vote at the AGM? Did the yes vote win? What were the voting totals?

Point 2: "It will grow and eventually generate its own income stream" - Wanna bet? When does the club project that it will generate its own "income stream"? Have we got a target date on that?
Pretty sure the whole exercise is being approached a bit more holistically and with a long-term view.
I couldnt care less about netball or aflw, but also couldn't care less that the club/afl is keen on pursuing it.
I would, however like the vfl at least uploaded on some platform either live or just as a replay

Pretty sure the whole exercise is being approached a bit more holistically and with a long-term view.
I couldnt care less about netball or aflw, but also couldn't care less that the club/afl is keen on pursuing it.
I would, however like the vfl at least uploaded on some platform either live or just as a replay
Thats the best point yet.
Get the work experience kid to do it.

AFLW is finished before the the VFL Starts.

I thought Netball had a totally Different Department to the Footy Team.

Club more Worried about it's Image then it's Fans

Worth pointing out that both "departments" sit on the same balance sheet. So therefore the club has one pot of money, and decides how to spend it.

Spending it one some pointless netball team rather than fan services like uploading the vfl games is what my gripe is.

I spoke to the behind the goals cameraman last year and they're volunteers.
I may be wrong, I got the impression the VFL Club is full of volunteers.
I 'worked' a season with the Essendon VFL team with their stats team during games. The 4 coaches in the coaches box were the only paid employees. The rest of the crew, like myself, volunteered. Half of us didn't even get a club polo-shirt to wear, so had to be unobtrusive around cameras.

Interestingly, I believe the AFL yesterday summoned all the clubs' media managers to discuss the league's displeasure about all the content generated by football clubs that aren't accessible by AFL Media. There's a bit more at play here than 'internal resourcing'. I think there's an arm wrestle between the AFL, broadcasters and the clubs about content and VFL coverage - or lack thereof - is part of that.

You should care. It's stopping the club from spending money on services that you will actually use.

In a broad sense (not having a personal dig at you specifically), why is it so hard for you guys to comprehend that?

Worth pointing out that both "departments" sit on the same balance sheet. So therefore the club has one pot of money, and decides how to spend it.

Spending it one some pointless netball team rather than fan services like uploading the vfl games is what my gripe is.

Club Records every VFL Game. All they would have to do is just Upload that to youtube or on the Club Site.

That is not adding work/Money to the VFL

No problem with extra resources being allocated for the AFLW that's understandable.

Don't take something away from us and pretend it has nothing to do with resources being used elsewhere, you enjoy the AFLW, I don't, that's all good we are different people, I don't have to watch but its not fair on me and the other supporters who enjoy the VFL ''COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTERS'' have had something taken away from us, the club have other priorities.

Club Records every VFL Game. All they would have to do is just Upload that to youtube or on the Club Site.

That is not adding work/Money to the VFL

There would be costs involved on the streaming side of it, video editing etc but nothing major. Again, its money that would be better spent on that rather than some netball team no one watches.

High comedy.

High comedy just keep pushing that agenda.

There would be costs involved on the streaming side of it, video editing etc but nothing major. Again, its money that would be better spent on that rather than some netball team no one watches.

Man power and cost.

Editing takes a huge amount of time.

You should care. It's stopping the club from spending money on services that you will actually use.

In a broad sense (not having a personal dig at you specifically), why is it so hard for you guys to comprehend that?
Whys it so hard for you guys to think long term? ;)
The afl is looking pretty long term on being more inclusive. Increased female interest in afl etc.
Translating to more $$ ...down the track.
Personally im not interested but see the big picture.

Anyway, it shouldn't get in the way of the work experience kid uploading the weekends vfl game.
And thats what the thread is about.

Man power and cost.

Editing takes a huge amount of time.
Why does it have to be edited?
Im quite capable of moving the thingy on the bottom.
And im sure any number of want to be commentators would be up for doing that side of thing for nix.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back