VFL Game Day VFL Elimination Final: Geelong vs Essendon (22 point win; 132-110)

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

We come into the finals time for the VFL, these two clubs are both in good form late in the year, but how much will the previous clash between the sides, where Geelong completely dominated Essendon only 1 month ago? We will find out.

Geelong won their last clash against Port Melbourne by a whopping 35 points, with the Borough fighting for a top 4 spot in that clash. George Horlin-Smith dominated for the Cats, collecting 36 disposals in the midfield, whilst half forward Rory Atkins played well, kicking 3 goals among 23 disposals.

Essendon qualified for finals with three straight wins, and most recently a 73 point win against Preston, a win needed to confirm their entrance into finals. Nash Homes and Will Hams were dominant for the bombers, collecting 27 disposals and 4 goals, and 23 disposals and 3 goals respectively, whilst Shaun Edwards kicked 3 goals as well for the bombers.

Possible Essendon side:

A Heppell - J Ferry - J Freezer
A Francis - S Michael - B McNeice
J Long - T Wallis - J Merrett
N Kommer - S McKernan - R Crowley
Y Eades - S Grimley - M Redman
M Jamar - J Polkinghorne - J Simpkin
W Hams - S Edwards - J Ashby - D Coghlan - N Holmes*

Last edited:
We come into the finals time for the VFL, these two clubs are both in good form late in the year, but how much will the previous clash between the sides, where Geelong completely dominated Essendon only 1 month ago? We will find out.

Geelong won their last clash against Port Melbourne by a whopping 35 points, with the Borough fighting for a top 4 spot in that clash. George Horlin-Smith dominated for the Cats, collecting 36 disposals in the midfield, whilst half forward Rory Atkins played well, kicking 3 goals among 23 disposals.

Essendon qualified for finals with three straight wins, and most recently a 73 point win against Preston, a win needed to confirm their entrance into finals. Nash Homes and Will Hams were dominant for the bombers, collecting 27 disposals and 4 goals, and 23 disposals and 3 goals respectively, whilst Shaun Edwards kicked 3 goals as well for the bombers.

Possible Essendon side:

A Heppell - J Ferry - J Freezer
A Francis - S Michael - B McNeice
J Long - T Wallis - J Merrett
N Kommer - S McKernan - R Crowley
Y Eades - S Grimley - M Redman
M Jamar - J Polkinghorne - J Simpkin
W Hams - S Edwards - J Ashby - D Coghlan - N Holmes*

Mckenna?

I believe he is eligible, right on the limit of having played no more than 12 matches at AFL level.
My mistake, was an 11 game limit last year. Slot him in for. Um. Not sure

While your pondering where McKenna goes, see if you can slot in Laverde as well. Don't envy you task as a selector - some tough choices

Edit: Laverde's on 9 games
Laverde not enough VFL games

ELIGIBLE BOMBERS

Ryan Crowley

Aaron Francis

Shaun McKernan

Jackson Merrett

Will Hams

Sam Grimley

James Polkinghorne

Nick Kommer

Jake Long

Shaun Edwards

Mason Redman

Jason Ashby

Sam Michael

Gach Nyuon

Mark Jamar

Conor McKenna

Nathan Grima

Jonathan Simpkin

Yestin Eades

Tom Wallis

Alex Morgan

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, both VFL final games with be broadcasted this weekend

I'm not trying to be pedantic here.

But, just to add to your post, there are four VFL finals this weekend.

Ch7 are only showing two of them ... but, thankfully, they're the two elimination finals (which are the 2:40pm games on Sat and Sun respectively), of which Essendon v Geelong is one.

(What time does it say the broadcast starts?)

This is from the VFL's own site:

"Channel 7 will broadcast a Saturday and Sunday game throughout the VFL Legendairy Finals Series, starting with the cut-throat Elimination Finals live from North Port Oval."

http://websites.sportstg.com/assoc_page.cgi?client=1-118-0-0-0&&news_task=DETAIL&articleID=47141700

Tv guide says it starts at 2:30. I'm starting to think they got it wrong after looking at the VFL site, I'd say it's a more reliable source. I'm feeling more confident now. :)

Conor McKenna, Jake Long, J Merrett, Nick Kommer back in from the AFL side. Is Franga playing or will we put him on ice?

Might be down Melbourne way this weekend and be able to get to this one - are you able to park at/nearby the ground? Would I need to get there early for a park and a good spot to watch the game? Thanks homiez!

Might be down Melbourne way this weekend and be able to get to this one - are you able to park at/nearby the ground? Would I need to get there early for a park and a good spot to watch the game? Thanks homiez!
I'd recommend taking the train then tram. Parking is apparently difficult.

Back