VFL Game Day VFL Elimination Final: Geelong vs Essendon (22 point win; 132-110)

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 15, 2009
Donaldsons Dairy
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Chelsea
Okay Doug...you mentioned he was the 3rd best poster here not me, now it's not your opinion?...No mention of a poll...
I like the fact you knew he was 3rd in the poll but didn't know the game was on TV till you read it on Big footy in the last quarter..

I respect the fact that you think B4L is the 3rd best poster here ( Is that the actual wording in the poll btw?)
But I beg to differ.
Either way, he can clearly speak for himself, like when he was switching the TV off...I prefer supporters who stick to the end and support the club...
Was that a Typical Essendon win b4L?
Dude, i think we shitted off enough people with this petty argument.

Lets just leave it :)

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Okay Doug...you mentioned he was the 3rd best poster here not me, now it's not your opinion?...No mention of a poll...
I like the fact you knew he was 3rd in the poll but didn't know the game was on TV till you read it on Big footy in the last quarter..

I respect the fact that you think B4L is the 3rd best poster here ( Is that the actual wording in the poll btw?)
But I beg to differ.
Either way, he can clearly speak for himself, like when he was switching the TV off...I prefer supporters who stick to the end and support the club...
Was that a Typical Essendon win b4L?
Who the * cares we are all bomber supporters so we are all the best posters!

vaughany

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 23, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Great comeback win!

That goal from Francis!! Just went bang!

Any idea as to the timeslot for next week's semi final?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

caboose

Club Legend
Jun 3, 2007
At home
AFL Club
Essendon
Great comeback win!

That goal from Francis!! Just went bang!

Any idea as to the timeslot for next week's semi final?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Should be 2:40 again. It may depend on some consideration of Footscray's best interests in the AFL finals as to whether we play Saturday or Sunday.

Either way, it will be broadcast live by 7 again.

caboose

Club Legend
Jun 3, 2007
At home
AFL Club
Essendon
I want Holmes and Heppell on the list. Problem is, they may not be enough spots for Hepp to take.

A lot of people on here don't seem to agree.

But I'd take Hepp ahead of Holmes. I think he's a better, more consistent player on what they've both shown in the VFL, tbh. Plus which Hepp now at least two strings to his bow - he's an excellent lockdown defender as well as a really hard at it, inside mid. I suspect he could probably play well in most non-key positions on the field.

Sep 2, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
A lot of people on here don't seem to agree.

But I'd take Hepp ahead of Holmes. I think he's a better, more consistent player on what they've both shown in the VFL, tbh. Plus which Hepp now at least two strings to his bow - he's an excellent lockdown defender as well as a really hard at it, inside mid. I suspect he could probably play well in most non-key positions on the field.

Could replace Baggers?

Surely we draft Hep been good in the VFL all year.

caboose

Club Legend
Jun 3, 2007
At home
AFL Club
Essendon
Could replace Baggers?

Surely we draft Hep been good in the VFL all year.

Ultimately. But Baggers should have some years left in him yet.

I see Hepp as a bit of a new-generation Bomber Thompson as a player. Similar size, similar toughness in going at hard, contested ball - and adept at playing either in defence or the midfield. Still needs a few of the rough edges knocked off him as a player, and to develop more strength physically. But it has been fantastic to see so much improvement in him over the past 12 months or so. He has got a lot of ability, as well as a lot of potential. In case no-one has noticed, I'm a massive fan.

JayDon

Club Legend
Oct 17, 2013
Home
AFL Club
Essendon
Hibberd > Holmes?
Well done Mark Jamar...I recall a game last year when it threw our VFL players around like rag dolls. He has a presence and makes players follow.
Make him Ruck coach and lead our boys next year. Good influence for whole group. See Hawthorn: D. Monkhorst
Great game today showing we have depth.
Polkinghorne in a pocket might go ok too?

Back