2nds VFL: Essendon Vs Richmond - 2:10 pm Saturday July 1st @ Windy Hill

Remove this Banner Ad

My My My, the most defining thing during a season is the 4 points, and aren't we 'banking' a few in the afl and vfl with rising talent and a WANT and WILL to win by ALL players wearing the gold and black!! As you all watched the game and saw for yourself i will give my usual take on the 2016 draft boys. Jack Graham is going to be a 'ripper', he is simply a nimble ball getting bulldozer and needs plenty more game time in the vfl to strengthen and become match fit after such a long time off. Garth is starting to show how versatile he will be, he nearly didn't play yesterday as was full of flu, the muck he was coughing out at Qtr and 3 Qtr time was terrible, his contests, blocks for team mates and ability to hold it in our forward line will be a strength, one more game up forward then the coaches will decide ''when''. Shai and Tyson are showing the 'way' as will Jack and Garth.Go Tigers.

Miles was brilliant again .... must be frustrating for him tearing it up each week for nil reward!
How miles feels is irrelevant. He is a solid player who is fairly slow. You can continue saying the same thing every week but at the end of the day, while we're winning and our mids play well, he stays out.

Miles 36 disposals(20 kicks 16 handballs) 4 marks 6 tackles
Hunt 28 disposals(20 kicks 8 handballs) 6 marks 4 tackles 1 goal
Townsend 21 disposals( 14 kicks 7 handballs) 1 mark 9 tackles
Broad 20 disposals(10 kicks 10 handballs) 6 marks 1 tackle
Graham 15 disposals (8 kicks 7 handballs) 2 marks 8 tackles
Batchelor 15 disposals(6 kicks 9 handballs) 2 marks 3 tackles
Garthwaite 9 disposals (7 kicks 2 handballs) 5 marks 4 tackles 2.1
Soldo 8 disposals(4 kicks 4 handballs) 2 marks 5 tackles 21 hitouts
Maric 6 disposals(3 kicks 3 handballs) 1 tackle 16 hitouts
Chol 6 disposals (4 kicks 2 handballs) 3 marks 1 goal

My My My, the most defining thing during a season is the 4 points, and aren't we 'banking' a few in the afl and vfl with rising talent and a WANT and WILL to win by ALL players wearing the gold and black!! As you all watched the game and saw for yourself i will give my usual take on the 2016 draft boys. Jack Graham is going to be a 'ripper', he is simply a nimble ball getting bulldozer and needs plenty more game time in the vfl to strengthen and become match fit after such a long time off. Garth is starting to show how versatile he will be, he nearly didn't play yesterday as was full of flu, the muck he was coughing out at Qtr and 3 Qtr time was terrible, his contests, blocks for team mates and ability to hold it in our forward line will be a strength, one more game up forward then the coaches will decide ''when''. Shai and Tyson are showing the 'way' as will Jack and Garth.Go Tigers.
Yellow and Black PH. Or is it Peggy? :p;):)

Definitely not 'peg', i'm in the air force, 'got hangers' mate, missed you at 'Punt Rd' last week- and what do you think right now about the 2016 draftees and how they are tracking? bit to look forward to hey.
Sorry that we didn't catch up last week, but the time and opportunity will present itself in the near future.
As I said in the autopsy thread we have appeared to have nailed the 2016 draft from pick 29 and beyond. Very exciting.

plpTdoh.png

DE7Bj8S.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How miles feels is irrelevant. He is a solid player who is fairly slow. You can continue saying the same thing every week but at the end of the day, while we're winning and our mids play well, he stays out.

Yes ... and you say the same thng each day.
There is a way to play Miles.
It's pointless playing players who aren't getting a kick which some of our senior blokes do.
But just can continue with your neagtive rebuttals as always.
A fairly slow player who got to the ball 36 times ahead of his opponent. Slowness has killed him ;)

Thanks Peggy

I have always liked Miles a lot and he will always be able to get the footy. But every time I watch him, and then the seniors I can see why he's not playing.
It's unfortunate and just s**t timing for him. Honestly 15 years ago he would have been a 300 gamer.

I dont want to be a party pooper but i cant see Chol making it in the AFL...
He will probably get delisted at the end of this year TBH
Yeah. Very very unlikely he will make it.

Can't believe just how ordinary our tall forwards are.
We have Jack ... and then there is no one!!!
We dont really have any do we?
Griffiths well I doubt he'll play again, Elton is injured, Chol miles off, Moore injured and not close.
Think it looks like Garthwaite will get next crack when it happens. Either that or Soldo to change with Nank.
The way I see it we have to adapt to what we actually do have, which we are doing pretty well.
Think it's pretty clear where our trading will be directed! And a handfull of our draft picks too most likely. It's actually another thing that is working against a poor bugger like Miles.
I'm sure he will fit in at a club with a different style.

Last edited:
Yes ... and you say the same thng each day.
There is a way to play Miles.
It's pointless playing players who aren't getting a kick which some of our senior blokes do.
But just can continue with your neagtive rebuttals as always.
A fairly slow player who got to the ball 36 times ahead of his opponent. Slowness has killed him ;)
Again while we are winning why should miles come in the side? Did you actually watch the vfl game or only look at the stats? Miles even at vfl level looks slow. Really again is that simple. Certain posters over rate miles significantly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back