Mornington
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Frankston,LA Lakers
VFL Finals in week 1 to 3 will be hosted by higher ranked team

Grand Final on September 18 to be hosted by Ikon Park

4 interstate teams have qualified for Finals:
Sydney, Southport, Brisbane, Gold Coast.
Tomorrow's Carlton v Collingwood game will decide whether Carlton or Richmond make the eight.

Why is it never North Port for the GF?

Princes Park is the awkward in between a charming local ground and a stadium. It should be either North Port or Docklands

Why is it never North Port for the GF?

Princes Park is the awkward in between a charming local ground and a stadium. It should be either North Port or Docklands
As much as I love it it won't happen, way too crowded.

Docklands defo a worthy ground but tends to feel empty during the GF.
I

As much as I love it it won't happen, way too crowded.

Docklands defo a worthy ground but tends to feel empty during the GF.
I
Most VFL fans would 100% be behind a packed out North Port for the GF instead of the concrete jungle of Princes Park.

Besides, I've been to every VFL GF since 2011 and you never get more than 5k people there.

Most VFL fans would 100% be behind a packed out North Port for the GF instead of the concrete jungle of Princes Park.

Besides, I've been to every VFL GF since 2011 and you never get more than 5k people there.

Every VFL GF since then has had more than 5k. North Port can theoretically hold 12-13k but not safely. The grass hills are a nightmare under foot sadly.

LOL. They’ve averaged 15k since 2011 including a 23k.

There is little point using Marvel when you were struggling to even half fill it with 2 AFL aligned Victorian teams involved, now you can’t rely on the certainty of a local side involved to boost numbers.

It's disapointing to see North Port miss out on a final after hosting them yearly for so long. I thought the prelims would at least be there. If the AFL committed to providing terraces or seating to bring up the capacity, it would happen, but then you lose the old school charm of the fround, so it's a catch 22.

It's disapointing to see North Port miss out on a final after hosting them yearly for so long. I thought the prelims would at least be there. If the AFL committed to providing terraces or seating to bring up the capacity, it would happen, but then you lose the old school charm of the fround, so it's a catch 22.

I don't think you'd lose too much if you terraced the grass hill. That would be sufficient I reckon

With Casey winning yesterday do they get a home preliminary final at Casey Fields.
As if they do they wouldn’t want to run out of Food and drink at half time like what happened yesterday.

VFL grand final in Melbourne seems silly if two Qld teams are in it.

Surely would get a bigger crowd at the Gabba in that case.

VFL grand final in Melbourne seems silly if two Qld teams are in it.

Surely would get a bigger crowd at the Gabba in that case.
Agree , think this should be the last year of this competition, put in at least the two Adelaide afl teams and call it the Eastern States Australian Football League . Some of the standalone Vic teams may have to go to bring it down to a 18 team league

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back