Game Day VFL Geelong Cats V Box Hill Hawks. Sunday the 9th September. The Old TEAC Ground

Remove this Banner Ad

So our VFL and AFL coach are both no good? Give it a rest. Clarkson never had success as a player either, he was an honest plodder himself. How about you stop blaming coaches all the time and realise there are deeper issues at play.
Coaches set training. Coaches set skills sessions. Coaches set the match day tactics.

Scott would hit up the list team, target holes in the squad and recruit from there.

At the end of the day, not only have we recruited badly and don't play to our AFL teams strengths, but we do the same in the VFL as well.

Possibly. We didn't look too switched on at the start though.
Buzza and Crameri certainly would of made a better game of it though when we were on top for parts of the second and most of the last.
And Esava.

That't just not true, he had plenty of good moments and I imagine only played 60% game time.
Nup 2. One goal from outside 50, a nice little scoop up on the back of the centre square.
3 i guess if you count the mark before the 25m miss straight in front.
So lets say 3. Was on the ground most of the time.

Jones very lively, butchered it a bit though. Cunico, Fogarty and Narkle tracking nicely. What's happened to GHS, he used to dominate at this level with ease.

Hasn't been the same since he had that bad, busted nose a month back.

That and the fact he probably knows he's gonski.

Liked Atkins work.

Just plays hard ALL the time.
Way more talented players on the list that cruise around and lala over the place.

Give Atkins the #70 pick in the ND and let him try. Bet he works harder than players on the senior list

Go Catters

Liked Atkins work.

Just plays hard ALL the time.
Way more talented players on the list that cruise around and lala over the place.

Give Atkins the #70 pick in the ND and let him try. Bet he works harder than players on the senior list

Go Catters

I get what you're saying but he's just not skilled enough, if he was dominating at VFL then fair enough but he's really just a good VFL player.

The good thing for me was about this game was that most of the players who stood out in moments were young guys like Fogarty, Cunico, Narkle, JJ (though kicking needs so much work) that's not to say any of them actually had good games but the signs of quality were there at least.

Based on the performance played by these blokes, sorry to say that Linc, Parsons, GHS and Gardner will not make the grade. Players with potential are Narkle, JJ and Cunico

The good thing for me was about this game was that most of the players who stood out in moments were young guys like Fogarty, Cunico, Narkle, JJ (though kicking needs so much work) that's not to say any of them actually had good games but the signs of quality were there at least.
Agree on the kicking. If he is to b e a small forward then this needs much improvement. Another coach needed this time a real ex forward player- love Enright but he just meets CS view of all forwards must be defensive

Top 4 after the home and away and out in straight sets. Good to see the VFL lads have bought into the 'Geelong way'. A shambles of a football team at the moment.

Seems maybe a minor point, but it as discussed during the match that Hawthorn finished only 1 win behind us after the season - so yes we finished top 4, but 3rd to 6th all finished within 1 win of each other showing that it things were pretty even.

But if it makes us feel any better - Richmond who finished top of the ladder on 14 wins, loss their semi-final match to Essendon who snuck into the 8 with 9 wins. So our win sucks, but no where near as bad as the ladder leaders going out in straight sets having lost to the 8th placed team who won 5 less matches than them during the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

but we do the same in the VFL as well.
Not true.

We've played to our strengths all season in the VFL.
We've just unfortunately reached finals with barely a tall player to choose from,

So, did the AFL team bother to turn up, or were they too busy getting pissed and congratulating each other on having the best which can match it with the rest of the comp?

I know Dangerfield was there.

Also Parfitt was there too he posted a video on Instagram of Zuthrie kicking his first ever VFL goal.

Assume others were there too they just didn’t post on social media about it.

I know Dangerfield was there.

Also Parfitt was there too he posted a video on Instagram of Zuthrie kicking his first ever VFL goal.

Assume others were there too they just didn’t post on social media about it.
They said on the telecast that Danger, Selwood and a heap of other senior boys were in the rooms at half time. I hope Danger hid his coffee from all the BF members eyes!

So, did the AFL team bother to turn up, or were they too busy getting pissed and congratulating each other on having the best which can match it with the rest of the comp?
Selwood, Scooter, Tomma PFD, Parfitt, HT I know were all there. There could have been more

GO Catters

Why was Savrat left out?

Doesn't make sense. If he plays two VFL games and gets thru - why not three?

If its the kid gloves - why risk him at all this year?
I think the intention was that if he could continue to get fit he would be available for the AFL, since our A-team was flattened they decided to put him back in cotton-wool till next year. There are pros and cons both ways.

t8kbRnl.png

6jZPFCu.png

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back