VFL VFL: Geelong Season 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last year we drafted a Ruck with a pick in the 30s we weren't going to draft a 2nd with a pick in the 60s, we also brought on a ruck prospects as a Cat B rookie.

How many developing rucks do we need

I agree. It was more an example in reply to the earlier comment that by delisting Brownless we would have been throwing a dart with a late pick last year.

I just think last year was a good year to be throwing a hail mary with a late pick when the reward could have been so high. I'm sure we'll see a few overagers go relatively high in the draft this year just because no one saw them at all last year. We could have got lucky with one of them, that's all

I agree. It was more an example in reply to the earlier comment that by delisting Brownless we would have been throwing a dart with a late pick last year.

I just think last year was a good year to be throwing a hail mary with a late pick when the reward could have been so high. I'm sure we'll see a few overagers go relatively high in the draft this year just because no one saw them at all last year. We could have got lucky with one of them, that's all
Hard to select Jacob Edwards last year, 0 games in 2020 and 0 games in 2019 for the dragons. Not sure how many guys have been picked without playing a single game of NAB league/TAC

Hard to select Jacob Edwards last year, 0 games in 2020 and 0 games in 2019 for the dragons. Not sure how many guys have been picked without playing a single game of NAB league/TAC

That's the point. Every Victorian hopeful played 0 games last year.

He was just an example, but we know Wells likes to pick some obscure people, so it would have been nice to give him a free swing late in the draft at plucking someone

That's the point. Every Victorian hopeful played 0 games last year.

He was just an example, but we know Wells likes to pick some obscure people, so it would have been nice to give him a free swing late in the draft at plucking someone
yes but he didnt even play a game in his bottom age season too. Literally just u16s and school footy from year 11 to go from. Don't even think wellsy would think that far outside the box.

Is this game on Kayo or covered anywhere

Getting spoiled now.
GO Catters
It's on Foxtel, so not sure if that also then gets played on kayo or you have access to it

It's on Foxtel, so not sure if that also then gets played on kayo or you have access to it
Fox footy will have it on Watchafl ifs in Foxtel

GO Catters

So I'm assuming we can't attend? I can't find info on tickets anywhere, other clubs have links on their website.

Don't want to be part of the whinging masses but all the incentive seems to be to stay home at the moment. I'd love to go....

If it's a logistics issue or something I'd wish they'd just say so but the lack of comms is confusing, is anyone planning to turn up? Have I missed the memo?

So I'm assuming we can't attend? I can't find info on tickets anywhere, other clubs have links on their website.

Don't want to be part of the whinging masses but all the incentive seems to be to stay home at the moment. I'd love to go....

If it's a logistics issue or something I'd wish they'd just say so but the lack of comms is confusing, is anyone planning to turn up? Have I missed the memo?

I've found that clubs don't necessarily have the most up to date info available, so best to check the host stadium as they generally know what they're doing & what the match day situation is

As per the KP website:

Gates Open: 6:10pm
Game Start: 7:10pm

WHAT GATES ARE OPEN?
Entry is through Gate 1 Polly Farmer, seating in the Hickey Stand Seating Bowl Level 1 Only

HOW CAN I PURCHASE A TICKET?
Tickets can only be purchased on the night from Gate 1. $10 Adults, $5 Kids.
Geelong Cats members are free, please present your membership card at the gate

CAN I PAY WITH CASH AND/OR CARD?
There will be no cash transactions at the stadium, card only.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've found that clubs don't necessarily have the most up to date info available, so best to check the host stadium as they generally know what they're doing & what the match day situation is

As per the KP website:

Gates Open: 6:10pm
Game Start: 7:10pm

WHAT GATES ARE OPEN?
Entry is through Gate 1 Polly Farmer, seating in the Hickey Stand Seating Bowl Level 1 Only

HOW CAN I PURCHASE A TICKET?
Tickets can only be purchased on the night from Gate 1. $10 Adults, $5 Kids.
Geelong Cats members are free, please present your membership card at the gate

CAN I PAY WITH CASH AND/OR CARD?
There will be no cash transactions at the stadium, card only.

Much appreciated!

I checked the VFL website and apps, VFL GFC twitter, our website - shouldn't be that hard should it? Particularly when it was mandatory to pre-purchase tickets a few weeks ago you'd think some comms and clarification wouldn't go astray.

Much appreciated!

I checked the VFL website and apps, VFL GFC twitter, our website - shouldn't be that hard should it? Particularly when it was mandatory to pre-purchase tickets a few weeks ago you'd think some comms and clarification wouldn't go astray.
The vfl website is now run by the AFL, so not that surprising if it's not up to date

I did see something earlier this week around changes in regards to tickets being able to be purchased at the ground on match day, but didn't see any mention of KP/GMHBA, so didn't think it would apply at this stage

And considering that the club got info wrong regarding ticketing with our previous Thursday night match, I'm not surprised they been a bit slower with info this time

The club doesn’t seem that interested in getting people to the vfl games does it? I’m actually also a Coburg member as we as the cats due to my son playing there. Receive an email from Coburg Monday with all the info for the game yet nothing from geelong. They also organise events at the club to watch games that are being played interstate.

GEELONG will be looking to make an immediate return to the winner’s list when they host Coburg at GMHBA Stadium on Thursday night.

The Round 6 clash will be televised on Fox Footy with the first bounce at 7.10pm.

The Cats have named an extended 29-man squad for the game against the 13th placed side.

Round 6 Team
Backs43. Stefan Okunbor48. Aaron Black15. Nathan Kreuger
Half Backs39. Zach Guthrie16. Sam De Koning66. Jackson Thurlow
Centreline20. Oscar Brownless9. Max Holmes6. Jordan Clark
Half Forwards55. Luke Smith1. Rhys Stanley31. Francis Evans
Forwards10. Ben Jarvis11. Josh Jenkins52. Jackson McLachlan
Followers28. Darcy Fort18. Charlie Constable58. Darcy Lang
Interchange57. Jye Chalcraft78. Isaac Wareham54. Oliver Tate
63. Benjamin Worme60. Nicholas Burke21. Nick Stevens
59. Ned Harris62. Marcus Herbet74. James Gow
51. Trent McMullan71. Jordan Johnson

The club doesn’t seem that interested in getting people to the vfl games does it? I’m actually also a Coburg member as we as the cats due to my son playing there. Receive an email from Coburg Monday with all the info for the game yet nothing from geelong. They also organise events at the club to watch games that are being played interstate.
I was actively looking and gave up until Cats09 post. I know it's not AFL but theres been a bit of commentary about people not going to games and preferring to stay home. I guess it's a bit disappointing when you're actively trying but it gradually becomes too hard.

So reading the squad of 29 Jordan Clark has been dropped. I thought he did a few good things last Friday night. He was involved in 3 or 4 score assists that resulted in goals. Would rather he was kept in the senior side.

So reading the squad of 29 Jordan Clark has been dropped. I thought he did a few good things last Friday night. He was involved in 3 or 4 score assists that resulted in goals. Would rather he was kept in the senior side.
Zuthrie is in the list as well small wins :laughing:

Judging by that they expect Kolo back this week for Zuthrie and Narkle holds his spot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back