VFL VFL: Geelong Season 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been looking at the players that are not regulars in the AFL side and I have a feeling that Geelong will field a very competitive side in 2021.

Some of the names that may make up the VFL team in 2021 are:

Jordan Clark, Ben Jarvis*, Josh Jenkins, Cooper Stephens, Nathan Kreuger, Sam De Koning, Esava Ratugolea, Charlie Constable, Quinton Narkle*, Oscar Brownless*, Darcy Fort*, Tom Atkins, Francis Evans, Jake Tarca*, Sam Simpson*, Zach Guthrie*.

*Contract Status not finalized.

The spine alone could look like:
FB- De Koning,
CHB- Kreuger
CTR- Constable
CHF-Ratugolea
FF- J. Jenkins

Jarvis De Koning Guthrie
------- Kreuger Brownless
Simpson Constable Clark
Narkle Ratugolea Taheny
Tarca J. Jenkins Evans

Followers: D.Fort
C. Stephens.

I have been looking at the players that are not regulars in the AFL side and I have a feeling that Geelong will field a very competitive side in 2021.

Jordan Clark, Ben Jarvis*, Josh Jenkins, Cooper Stephens, Nathan Kreuger, Sam De Koning, Esava Ratugolea, Charlie Constable, Quinton Narkle*, Oscar Brownless*, Darcy Fort*, Tom Atkins, Francis Evans, Jake Tarca*, Sam Simpson*, Zach Guthrie*.

*Contract Status not finalized.

The spine alone could look like:
FB- De Koning,
CHB- Kreuger
CTR- Constable
CHF-Ratugolea
FF- J. Jenkins

Jarvis De Koning Guthrie
------- Kreuger Brownless
Simpson Constable Clark
Narkle Ratugolea Taheny
Tarca J. Jenkins Evans

C. Stephens.
Injury (and recovery) permitting, you would think Simpson has graduated from the 2nds.

Injury (and recovery) permitting, you would think Simpson has graduated from the 2nds.

The same could be said for Clark.
But for every player that pushes their way into the AFL team, they also push someone into the VFL team (barring injured players).

Also note

It’ll be really great to helpfully have the vfl back. I’m excited to see how the new comp will work out. And I agree that we should have a competitive side. Will be interesting to see what players we add to the vfl list either mature or players who miss out on the draft.

You'd have to say after tonight's drafting, those three kids plus Greek Freak will be in the VFL all year. Maybe Nick Steven might get a game first, he might be the most game ready of 2020 draft class, but its an area of the ground we have plenty of depth.

[snip]

Jarvis De Koning Guthrie
------ Kreuger Brownless
Simpson Constable Clark
Narkle Ratugolea Taheny
Tarca J. Jenkins Evans

C. Stephens.

With 4 new names to add and taking out Tarca and Simpson and Clark in the AFL we might see

Jarvis De Koning Okunbor
Stevens Kreuger Guthrie
Holmes Constable Close
Dahlhouse Ratugolea Taheny
Atkins J. Jenkins Evans

Followers: D.Fort C. Stephens. Narkle

I.C. Tsapatolis, Brownless Neale +

We look a tad light for defenders and hence we have added Stevens

Last edited:
With 4 new names to add and taking out Tarca and Simpson and Clark in the AFL we might see

Jarvis De Koning Okunbor
Stevens Kreuger Guthrie
Holmes Constable Close
Atkins J. Jenkins Evans

I think we're light for contested mids given Chook and Narks were on the chopping block only weeks ago

Jarvis De Koning Okunbor
Stevens Kreuger Guthrie
Holmes Constable Close
Atkins J. Jenkins Evans

Interesting to see how we would like to see them line up

Okunbor is one who always slip my mind

I think we're light for contested mids given Chook and Narks were on the chopping block only weeks ago

I am hoping Okunbor is one of those. Back pocket is the place he should start if he is at the same stage as when he injured his achilles. I am hoping he has watched a lot of inside mids in action in his layoff for tendon and Covid. In match sim i saw prior to injury, he was playing further up the field and covered the ground nicely. Big body.

Jarvis De Koning Okunbor
Stevens Kreuger Guthrie
Holmes Constable Close
Atkins J. Jenkins Evans

I think we might line up like this

AFL
Bews Blitz Kolo
Stewart Hendo MOC
Menegola Selwood Duncan
Higgins Cameron Dahl
Miers Hawkins Tuohy
Stanley Danger Guthrie
Smith Parfitt Henry Simpson

VFL
OB DEK Atkins
Clark Kreuger Zuthrie
Holmes Narkle Stevens
Evans Jenkins Rohan
Taheny Sav Close
Fort CC Stephens
Tsapa Neale Jarvis Okunbor

Would like to try and reinvent someone like Atkins as a small defender so we have experience down there. We at least have some height now its just a matter of what positions we put them in.

Jarvis De Koning Okunbor
Stevens Kreuger Guthrie
Holmes Constable Close
Atkins J. Jenkins Evans

Like this...

Like to see Freddy playing in VFL forward however... get Jenkins out of there and play Freddy from the square or swap Freddy and Sav Rat and FF and HFF

GO Catters

Im not sure Narkle is a contested mid IMO. Way more outside than inside IMO.

GO Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we might line up like this

AFL
Bews Blitz Kolo
Stewart Hendo MOC
Menegola Selwood Duncan
Higgins Cameron Dahl
Miers Hawkins Tuohy
Stanley Danger Guthrie
Smith Parfitt Henry Simpson

VFL
OB DEK Atkins
Clark Kreuger Zuthrie
Holmes Narkle Stevens
Evans Jenkins Rohan
Taheny Sav Close
Fort CC Stephens
Tsapa Neale Jarvis Okunbor

Would like to try and reinvent someone like Atkins as a small defender so we have experience down there. We at least have some height now its just a matter of what positions we put them in.

Like the grouping ..I think the will try ZG as a mid , Rohan may get tried back .. but GtoG line shows the quandary . Is Sav a ruck or a forward. Do we play Fort as a ruck in Tsapa and Sctr first year (probably fine..as I suspect year 1 will be mainly conditioning... 1 or 2 games then 1 or 2 just in the gym)
What is obvious is the fragile state of our young mids..when once considers CC and Narkle almost went. Points that we look to add a mature FA mid in 2021 imo .. someone like Merrit for example would be ideal

I think you can break down the players from the first list into 4 categories.

Will play a fair few AFL games;
Jordan Clark, Sam Simpson, Quinton Narkle (if not injured), Tom Atkins

Will step in for an injury;
Esava Ratugolea, Zach Guthrie

Will get a token game or 2;
Josh Jenkins, Cooper Stephens, Nathan Kreuger

Stuck in the VFL all year;
Ben Jarvis, Sam De Koning, Charlie Constable, Oscar Brownless, Darcy Fort, Francis Evans

Ben Jarvis, Sam De Koning, Charlie Constable, Oscar Brownless, Darcy Fort, Francis Evans

De koning or kreuger will play anytime hendo is injured which given his history is possible. I dony think narkle will play a lot in fact i think zuthrie will play more than he does.

Like this...

Like to see Freddy playing in VFL forward however... get Jenkins out of there and play Freddy from the square or swap Freddy and Sav Rat and FF and HFF

GO Catters

Agree. we will be looking for a second tier CHB or two to add to the VFL(or whatever) squad. Use them in defence and free Freddie. if Kreuger was at one of 14 other clubs he would have debuted by now and probably played his first dozen games (as a forward).

Id say Fort is a good chance to play based on him being selected this year till injured... and considerin that we have not brought in a mature backup.. SDek will get games imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back