2nds VFL Grand Final: Richmond vs Port Melbourne @ Etihad Stadium - 3:00pm Sunday, 24/09/2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure why people are getting so hyped up about our development side...
We made the granny aweseome and almost won it. The clear thing for me is that even the players that havent played in the ones have now had exposure to finals and a gf. This can only be a good thing for the one thing we are all here for. An AFL premiership.

We will reek the benefits of this long term.

reap

Lloyd is really interesting going forward I reckon. He's such a ******* intelligent natural footballer that he could go into the rotation next year off a big pre season.
yep, Lloyd is smart with the skills needs another pre season to get his endurance up to much better than average and trim another couple ok kg of mass off his rig and muscle up a wee bit more.

Keep this simple, we carried to many non productive tall forwards, we were cut up through the midfield 70% of the game [and no changes made], But most of all !!! each and every one of the six backmen tonight should be praised for their 4 qtr effort under continuous and relentless battering out of the port midfield [check where the main goal scoring came from] it wasn't their tall forwards? How the hell we only lost by four points is beyond me!! port were 5 or 6 gls better all night, AGAIN, great effort GARTH, BATCH, BEEZA,DARLEY, CONCA held us in it when many others would not be ''accountable'' and a special mention to MANNAGH when he finally went on ball he generated the three shots to put us up by thirteen points, 24 mins in the last, then he was off straight after, GO FIGURE? Great team effort and coaching by Ayres and Port, not us this time.

What a game! Great final series by our campaigners. Disappointing to lose like that, but good signs nonetheless.

Am liking that back line with Beasley and Garthwaite. Markov, Menadue, Bolton developing nicely. Lennon a yard too slow for mine. Special mention to Batchelor who has been in beast mode for the last month.

Well was interesting to see a very tall fwd line operate. Combine that with Hampson and maric. Way too tall and slow. Bolton had a very good start but faded a bit. If someone was to come it to the senior team it could be him. Port reminded me of Richmond senior team. Small players and good ball movement

Any hope Lennon had of continuing his AFL career surely died today.... Even norf wouldn't put a contract in front of him
Actually maybe they would
I knew he has been poor but geez I didnt realise how rubbish he was until yesterday.

Morris a liability also as we had to hide him in the forward line where he would be least costly to the team. The useless spud should have been told to go and tag Pinwill as he was the match winner on the day . As good as Lloyd was he wasn't the most influential player on the ground. Congratulations to the Port Melbourne fc for a bankrupt standalone club to get up off the carpet and beat a side with an annual revenue of over 30 mil.
Pretty incredible effort considering when I went there early in the year for the state game I went to purchase food and wine and there was a sign up written in hand writing saying we don't take cards bc we cannot afford the machine.

I'm exhausted and overdue for a snooze, but will post my disappointment after a great day yesterday.
We fell for the Chris Scott selection of playing giraffes and on Ethihad for crying out loud. .
We were two midsize men short on Etihad . Loyalty in footy gets you nowhere.and I said it from the first week Maric and Griff shouldn't be playing. Maric may as well have stood near a point post all day. Love the bloke , but xxxx we're a club deprived of success and we need to take every opportunity to throttle teams.
My cousins first words were when he saw Port run out were ," geez they're small ". I replied , " pro Ayres has done his homework and seen we have Giraffes in our side with one way runners like Lennon Hunt Menadue and CEllis." Two extra mids and we win as our younger boys faded off there were too few to pick up the pieces. Our kids were gassed and when we got it forward we had poor decision makers in Griff , Chol and Lennon butchering it.

Please xxxx these guys off our list:
Morris, Chol for Alir, Hunt , Lennon, Griff

Persist with CEllis , but he's got no strength in his legs and gets put on his arse more often than a d-grade boxer. Geelong feasted on him at Kardinia park and Port did the same today.
Menadue has height and speed and with another preseason hopefully he will strengthen up more. He has a good chance of making it.
Short was awesome with Lloyd Batch and Miles
Hampson stays for backup, but he's useless under pressure with no killer instinct.
Markov has class , but was terribly disappointing today as he like many wanted an easy ball and was often spectating. Blokes in pink vests with water bottles worked harder.
Garth Stengle and Bolton were awesome for first year players and are going to be stars once they fully develop.
In the end it was the old chestnut "A champion team will always beat a team of champions".
It was depressing having watched this team play all year only to
let it slip over the last hurdle . I thought they were the best in the comp , but losing Townsend Broad and Graham was at least an indication of our development.
If Smith and Silversto play today we win. Simply lost at selection like both the Geelong games at KP.

agree particularly with this TI...If Smith and Silversto play today we win. Simply lost at selection
Smith is a gun and Silvestro knows how to find the ball and use it...simply too tall, too slow...too dopey

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should have won but at least we have good depth and will improve further with another clean out, draft and trade period. Was expecting a much bigger crowd too

Disappointed with the result but you can’t knock Port. They nearly went the way of North Ballarat earlier this year so it’s great by them to get up. Their supporters, we outnumbered them but their passion and noise was immense.
We switched off with 5min to go which ultimately cost us. I was happy Lennon backed himself to take the kick. Was a low percentage shot but was aware the siren could go any second so he took it. Griffiths not kicking to Bolton in the pocket with about a minute to go was the one moment that lost it. Bolton was on his own. Gee we’ve got a gun ready to go in Bolton. Absolutely unbelievable, just creates every time he gets the footy.

Was a good game to watch, but the better side won. Forward line too top heavy in the last quarter, and didn't chase their opponents off the half back line. Bachelor's first half was excellent. Menadue came into the game late. Markov was very good. Miles was good. Garthwaite was very solid. Hampson was solid. I think we have seen the last of Chol, Morris and Lennon. Miles will probably move on for more AFL opportunities. Lloyd was the standout and Griffiths was promising.Bad luck losing, but a great effort over the finals campaign.

i saw about 5 muntes of the last quarter and one play i saw the ball come out of the forward line and Lennon's man ran to 3 separate contests and get the ball and Lennon loped behind not busting his butt off to chase him down. this was my "ahhh so thats why he is not getting a game and will be delisted" moment.

Unsure if previously mentioned. When Griffiths went long from just outside 50m to Hunt 15 metres out on a slight angle with about 40 seconds left, am I right in saying there were about three separate infringements on Hunt by Port players? Player closest to Hunt places his left hand on Hunt's shoulder and drags him downwards, then uses his right arm to chop Hunt's right arm. Then the second Port player makes front on contact which is also illegal. Three separate infringements and no free kick, that is how I saw it. I have heard of putting the whistle away late in tight Grand Finals but the two Port players have basically GBH'd Hunt there.

Signed,

Disgusted from Cavtat.

Green maggots.

It's funny how we are all worried about our big man depth, yet with only Drummond injured out of our full squad, 2 big men - Elton & Soldo sit out the reserves and the reserves still has too many big men.
Persist with Moore & Garthwaite. Batchelor has been really good at VFL level and would be handy back-up in case of injury.
Griffiths? Just looks so slow, even at VFL level and I don't know if there is a role for him at AFL unless it is to just sit in the goalsquare.

24 hrs after the VFL GF and RFC obviously don't rate any efforts by our boys yesterday, no ''best'' as seen through our coaches ''eyes'' that they must have made perfect ''MOVES'' through out the entire game? Yeah Right !!! 'put em up'

Other than the two ferals behind me that jeered Griffiths when he looked like he was injured, the Borough fans impressed me. Funny how most of them sat on the wing. Their fans obviously wanted it a lot more so I'm glad for them.
There are some flogs in the Borough camp (me for example), but from my limited experience they are quite civil.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back