VFL media intimidates Tribunal, ‘Toby Tax’ increased

ClockworkOrange

Club Legend
Jan 30, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
The MRO/Tribunal system has today been officially confirmed as broken.

Increasing the ‘Toby Tax’ cannot fix the system’s self-evident inconsistencies and injustices.

Does anyone believe a new Tribunal will possibly be allowed to do anything but vindictively increase the ‘Toby Tax’?

Martyring Toby to derail both the Giants 2021 and 2022 seasons will merely alienate the AFL from all families and volunteers in NSW/ACT who pay for the AFL and love the game.

Further, It will confirm the worst suspicions of neutral AFL members and fans across Australia.
IMG_5554.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:

ClockworkOrange

Club Legend
Jan 30, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
A sensible request by the club so it can focus on the Semi.

Also a welcome reprieve from a player welfare perspective.

You need a very, very strong character to be able to withstand the torrent of personal abuse being directed at Toby by the media.

The other thing we learned today is that, by implication, Gil has zero problem with any of the other MRO/Tribunal decisions or non-decisions in 2021.

That’s good to know for the record, and so laughable as to be beyond satire.

IMG_5558.JPG

sydney_gws

Club Legend
Oct 31, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
qpr
A sensible request by the club so it can focus on the Semi.

Also a welcome reprieve from a player welfare perspective.

You need a very, very strong character to be able to withstand the torrent of personal abuse being directed at Toby by the media.

The other thing we learned today is that, by implication, Gil has zero problem with any of the other MRO/Tribunal decisions or non-decisions in 2021.

That’s good to know for the record, and so laughable as to be beyond satire.

View attachment 1223344

Gillon also didn't have a problem with sleazy Simon being in the AFL, lobbying hard for his mate to be Carlton CEO.

ClockworkOrange

Club Legend
Jan 30, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
How totally ignorant is official VFL media of the Giants?

Well, let’s just say a picture tells a thousand words.

Is Gil going to publicly announce that his own in-house media unit is ‘manifestly inadequate’?

I just hope for ZS’s sake that the MRO doesn’t apply the Toby Tax vendetta to Jake Stein this weekend.

For if they do, Zach will have to front the Tribunal.
IMG_5566.JPG

ClockworkOrange

Club Legend
Jan 30, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
No Toby tax for this pair.

Instead, the MRO “explains” (away) Cats head and throat hits to Giants players.

IMG_5597.JPG

Ichabod Noodle

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 13, 2011
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Raiders, Brumbies

View attachment 1226377

the head is sacrosanct - except if it’s on the shoulders of a giants player and a geelong player is trying to bludgeon it off

if the AFL can appeal the Toby decision, then we should appeal this.

JC100

Club Legend
Jan 2, 2015
AFL Club
GWS

View attachment 1226377

The Hawkins decision was the really bad one. Late, nowhere near the ball with swing arm to back of head. At minimum it should be rough conduct fine.

Ichabod Noodle

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 13, 2011
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Raiders, Brumbies
So got banned from the Toby trade thread. I even stayed on topic and discussed the trade. Yet Lore still complained. Oh well.
Brittle bunch the vflers.

as far as I’m aware, I haven’t been banned from the thread, but every post I’ve made in it was deleted. I got a ridiculously facile response when I questioned the mod and he kept closing the conversation so I couldn’t question him further on why such an inoffensive comment was repeatedly deleted.

the draft & trade board is the most over-moderated board in the history of moderation.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
as far as I’m aware, I haven’t been banned from the thread, but every post I’ve made in it was deleted. I got a ridiculously facile response when I questioned the mod and he kept closing the conversation so I couldn’t question him further on why such an inoffensive comment was repeatedly deleted.

the draft & trade board is the most over-moderated board in the history of moderation.
Yeah I was part of that conversation but I was banned from replying in it.
I wasn’t aggressive and didn’t troll yet zip.

I can't blame them, having moderated it largely solo for several years. Either you're lenient and every thread is basically Bay 13, or you're heavy handed and the board is readable but every team thinks you're biased against them - I had some of you lot complaining about how biased I was against GWS without realising it for example ;). The latter is definitely preferable. Ultimately it's a pretty flawed idea for a board without that.

Ichabod Noodle

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 13, 2011
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Raiders, Brumbies
I can't blame them, having moderated it largely solo for several years. Either you're lenient and every thread is basically Bay 13, or you're heavy handed and the board is readable but every team thinks you're biased against them - I had some of you lot complaining about how biased I was against GWS without realising it for example ;). The latter is definitely preferable.

I’d really like to know why my comment was deleted while CaptainMyCaptain’s wasn’t when pretty much the only difference was he used the word silly when I used the word stupid - but I was off topic & derailing the thread while his comment is still up.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
I can't blame them, having moderated it largely solo for several years. Either you're lenient and every thread is basically Bay 13, or you're heavy handed and the board is readable but every team thinks you're biased against them - I had some of you lot complaining about how biased I was against GWS without realising it for example ;). The latter is definitely preferable. Ultimately it's a pretty flawed idea for a board without that.
We just liked keeping you busy.

but this TFG thread is a joke.If I started a thread doing exactly the same for Bont Lore would have it shut down (rightly) as trolling.
We got banned and we weren’t abusive or using trolling. Well I may have dropped a club run drug program comment but that was after 4 deleted posts that were on topic, not trolling and in direct response to the thread.
Can’t even lol posts anymore…..

Last edited:

Ichabod Noodle

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 13, 2011
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Raiders, Brumbies
We just liked keeping you busy.

but this TFG thread is a joke.If I started a thread doing exactly the same for Bont Lore would have it shut down (rightly) as trolling.
We got banned and we weren’t abusive or using trolling. Well I may have dropped a club run drug program comment but that was after 4 deleted posts that were on topic, not trolling and in direct response to the thread.
Can’t even lol posts anymore…..

I‘m not banned, but my post quoting captainMyCaptain and agreeing with him 100% got deleted - again without explanation - apparently agreeing with something that was posted is now derailing a thread and worthy of deletion.

and his post that I was quoting got edited (probably without his knowledge or consent).

it‘s now at laughable proportions.

edit: actually, I’m now banned from the thread.

my sin - quoting someone’s post and agreeing with them 100%.
that’s what gets you banned in the draft & trading board - agreeing with someone.

what an absolute f**khead.

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
I‘m not banned, but my post quoting captainMyCaptain and agreeing with him 100% got deleted - again without explanation - apparently agreeing with something that was posted is now derailing a thread and worthy of deletion.

and his post that I was quoting got edited (probably without his knowledge or consent).

it‘s now at laughable proportions.

edit: actually, I’m now banned from the thread.

my sin - quoting someone’s post and agreeing with them 100%.
that’s what gets you banned in the draft & trading board - agreeing with someone.

what an absolute f**khead.
Naughty

ClockworkOrange

Club Legend
Jan 30, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Posts that are allowed though are those on social media that directly threaten Toby and his family.

Whateley, who spent an unhinged, full 30 minutes vilifying Toby on 360, and his VFL media mates have conducted such a vicious witch-hunt against Toby that they have fuelled on-line threats.

It would be simply outrageous if the Tribunal now sought to further escalate the vilification of Toby via a vindictive appeal.

This must end immediately.

Gil’s silence in this vilification of Toby and his family is “manifestly inadequate”.

IMG_5599.JPG

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
View attachment 1227750

Yep, but still some Vicmedia muppets argue they weren't. The actual difference was that Danger slipped just as he arrived (the tribunal argument that this didn't lower his body height at all was complete crap), whereas Selwood had no such excuse. The only difference was that Danger left the field, so the trial was purely because of the injury outcome, and that it was Toby. #TobyTax.

Back