VFL Player Movement

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 2, 2011
Ringwood
AFL Club
Richmond
Season's coming up, signings are being announced, may as well have a thread

on former AFL rookies, Pat Contin has signed for Coburg (stoked!), N Ablett, B Ross (NM) and T Ruffles (FRE) to Werribee, James Wall and Michael Stockdale have gone to Williamstown (great pick ups!)
Daniel Pratt (NM), Matt Scott (NM), Marc Lock (GC), Max Otten (SYD) to Box Hill

Matt Austin (Brisbane) to North Ballarat

Clayton Hinckley (Freo) to Port Melbourne

Myke Cook (Ade), Beau Dowler (Haw) to Sandringham

Jamie McNamara (WCE) to Williamstown

i'm sure there are plenty more, add as much as possible, i like the Box Hill and Williamstown recruiting a lot though

Do you know if Matthew Cravino has re-signed with Williamstown? He was playing good football at the end of last season and he's picked up two A.Todd medals in a row so I'd love to see him stay at the club.

I can't believe the guys that have moved to O&M this year. Stretton, Rose and Davies are all off to Wodonga Raiders IIRC.

Do you know if Matthew Cravino has re-signed with Williamstown? He was playing good football at the end of last season and he's picked up two A.Todd medals in a row so I'd love to see him stay at the club.

I can't believe the guys that have moved to O&M this year. Stretton, Rose and Davies are all off to Wodonga Raiders IIRC.

Know his family quite well. I'd say he's staying put.

Werribee will be very strong this year imo.

Ablett, Ross, Ruffles. Is fairly strong recruitment in itself.

Whats stronger is the players that have been aligned to them by North.

Will Sierakowski, Sam Gibson and Malcom Lynch are all aligned to them and Brad Mangan remains there as well.

i don't think many have Maroon Goon, Coburg seniors beat them 69 to 10 in a practice match last weekend, plus one of the players has been done for drugs i think, so they'll be the whipping boys again this year
Wasn't the player that got done from Casey?

i heard Frankston, but i could be wrong...
Yes i heard it was a Frankston lad as well. Got it sent to me in a text message. The name of the lad was mentioned But i'm not about to discuss that
or much else. lets face it It was a Text message.
And i'm not a chemist or a judge so i will leave it at that. Its just that i heard NOTHING of anyone being signed or ANYTHING much of the club.

Geelong has picked up Dom Gleeson from Werribee and exCollingwood rookie Rob Condy, other new faces are from local leagues and Geelong Falcons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes i heard it was a Frankston lad as well. Got it sent to me in a text message. The name of the lad was mentioned But i'm not about to discuss that
or much else. lets face it It was a Text message.
And i'm not a chemist or a judge so i will leave it at that. Its just that i heard NOTHING of anyone being signed or ANYTHING much of the club.

Young Clarke from Casey Scorpions, 23, is the player in question if you must now.. It's not hidden like he was an AFL player.

Young Clarke from Casey Scorpions, 23, is the player in question if you must now.. It's not hidden like he was an AFL player.
Fair enough. It was a text and I'll be honest even if he is/was or not an A F L player i wouldn't know. Nowadays i don't follow the A F L much, to flat out. And didn't even know who he was anyway. I stand corrected.
Thanks

Please boys get it right.
Wade Lees from Casey for buying a product, never using it, over the internet that contained a banned substance and Matt Clarke from Frankston for taking a product that is available over the counter in Australia at numerous health food and supplement stores.

Both hardly Drug cheats. Political correctness gone mad.

Port Melbourne have signed Adam Ballard who comes from Durham in the UK and represent the Great Britain Bulldogs in last year's International Cup.

can someone please tell me port melbourne players that left the club after the premiership and where they went, cheers

Article on a couple of pommy guys that have come to VFL clubs this year.

Despite their modest performance at last year’s International Cup, the GB Bulldogs can now boast something that no other country can answer to: the rise of two of their players, Adam Ballard and Anthony Trigg, through football to VFL level.

Though the numbers of foreign players are now increasing, even at AFL level, to date, all of those players have either been brought up in Australia, or were professionals or upcoming youngsters recruited directly from other sports. Ballard and Trigg however, started playing the game in the UK, before moving over to Australia and joining local teams.

Former England Dragonslayers international Adam Ballard learnt his trade as president of the Durham Saints before joining the Prahran Assumption Football Club in Melbourne, 2011 Premiers in the VAFA Division 3. After a successful tour with the GB Bulldogs at IC11, Ballard was picked up by VFL club Port Melbourne and is currently training as a ruckman in the reserves.....

This is great for the game here in the UK... how are the two lads going?? I saw that Adam Ballard was named in the 2nds best... will he get a chance in the ones???

Remove this Banner Ad

Back