Meet Up VFL | post-match, after the final siren (approx. 4pm) @ Lulie St tavern, rear 288 Johnson St

Lulie St Tavern doesn't open until kickoff, what's your preferred catch up venue/time?

• pre-match Dr Morse Bar and Eatery

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • pre-match Yarra Hotel

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • post match Lulie St Tavern

Votes: 8 72.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 25, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hopefully it's not our last VFL match at Vic Park for the year, but given it's our last home and away match at our traditional home for the year I figured we'd be silly not to make the most of it.

Saturday 13th August
After the final siren of the VFL match (~ 4pm)

Lulie St Tavern - rear 288 Johnson St Abbotsford
entry via Lulie St, opposite the servo in the total print building pictured below

All welcome.

299b1z.jpg

Last edited:

MagpieBat

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts Ruby
Jan 22, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood VFL, #TeamBatman
Might slip a reminder of this over in the OP of the thread, if you like, 1892...?

MagpieBat

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts Ruby
Jan 22, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Good idea, note the change of venue. A little closer to the ground and a smaller bar, so people will be easier to find.

Duly noted. And fixed.

Hopefully it's not our last VFL match at Vic Park for the year, but given it's our last home and away match at our traditional home for the year I figured we'd be silly not to make the most of it.

It seems all venues around Victoria Park open at noon, but 1 hour should be enough time for a quick drink and chat before making our way across the road.

12pm - pre VFL match, Saturday 13th August
entry via Lulie St, opposite the servo in the total print building pictured below

All welcome.

299b1z.jpg

Great idea 1892, will try to get there before the game. It's a good bar.

Good_Old

Cancelled
10k Posts Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life
May 27, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Sorry, I have to wash my hair that night...

I'd walk down there but unfortunately I've got myself into a sticky situation with my mate's father's aunt's grandmother's birdkeeper's sister's dog and that night he said to bring him a can of Pedigree else he'll cut my paws off.

Good luck boys.

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'd walk down there but unfortunately I've got myself into a sticky situation with my mate's father's aunt's grandmother's birdkeeper's sister's dog and that night he said to bring him a can of Pedigree else he'll cut my paws off.

Good luck boys.

Its during the day Temploar! :drunk:

I am working till one but will go straight to the "shrine" that is Victoria Park :D

Its during the day Temploar! :drunk:

I am working till one but will go straight to the "shrine" that is Victoria Park :D

Oh that's even worse.

The sun burns my forehead.

You never know, there might be an after party. Especially if Dave promises to drink a shot of something...

I don't like to meet people from the Internet because I'm actually a really nice guy in real life and I'm afraid of what might happen if you guys find that out... :oops:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nov 16, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood

It seems all venues around Victoria Park open at noon, but 1 hour should be enough time for a quick drink and chat before making our way across the road.

12pm - pre VFL match,
Saturday 13th August

All welcome.

299b1z.jpg

Someone needs to check it's open to the public... It was closed for a private function the other week when we played the cats at Vic Park

Someone needs to check it's open to the public... It was closed for a private function the other week when we played the cats at Vic Park

Good Idea. Don't want to Rock Up and Be Shut to Public.

Maybe we should Book It;)

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood

MagpieBat

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts Ruby
Jan 22, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
With the new jumper I heard.

Sleeves or sleeveless?

He'll certainly start the number with it on. Not sure he'll still be wearing it by the time the song finishes though...:eek:

Last edited:
Back