2nds VFL Practice Game Friday 6/9 @ 5pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Marty I would suggest the selection panel don't agree with your views regarding veteran players.

But what would they know eh?

BF has the sum total of footy wisdom in the universe.

<<<<wanders off shaking head in disbelief.
Ok have a good nite,
No need to be obtuse I was expressing my opinion..

Ok have a good nite,
No need to be obtuse I was expressing my opinion..
As was I marty

They are big boys truly and can handle a bit of rough and tumble.

Wells is total silk and off the bench is still an option.

Where too are players like Sier going going to get continuity for possible inclusion?

It's a tough gig mate but injuries are part of the game and we need all the depth to have some match fitness and touch.

Well fair enough I just don't see the depth there to justify it.
Wells is done.<
Reid is Done.<
Varcoe very close to being done.<

Surely the other players can train?

My apologies for my negative views!

Reid & Wells & Shaz etc need game time to be ready to come in if recalled. it's not like a Collingwood injury is a rare thing.

None are done until the season is over.
Sentiment has me wanting to see Goldsack in the seniors, but he’s three back in queue. Listening to his retirement speech even Goldsack knows he’s an extremely small chance.

Sentiment has me wanting to see Goldsack in the seniors, but he’s three back in queue. Listening to his retirement speech even Goldsack knows he’s an extremely small chance.
In the general scheme of things completely correct but if any team can get enough injuries to get Goldy a game it's the Pies . . . rollseyes.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well fair enough I just don't see the depth there to justify it.
Wells is done.<
Reid is Done.<
Varcoe very close to being done.<

Surely the other players can train?

My apologies for my negative views!
Training is no substitute for a real game in regards to touch/match fitness.

I heard Goldsack talking about the match before the game. He wasn't a fan of the idea.

Sounded like a bit of a piss take. Based on what he was saying the only blokes putting in genuine effort were the ones still a chance to play seniors.
I can see why someone with no chance to play seniors at the end of his career sees a practice game as a waste of time. Even if Goldsack outperformed Scharenberg and Magden they’d get the nod ahead of him so it’s not like it’s an opportunity to stake his claim.

I think it’s brilliant they’ve gone with a practice seconds game.

The depth players need a nice run and real game time.

Best fit for our depth. They take a risk sure, bigger risk is not playing games.

Amazing that there is no contingency by AFL for clubs playing finals with no reserves comp left for them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back