VFL Practice match Richmond vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Add Miller too that list, looked very comfortable down back and is quick. Don't think we'll see him this year unless there's a heap of injuries but definitely one for the future has genuine kp size to go with speed.
Alex Rance Mk 4

Jeez Miles went ok...
Sure did, I was only there 40 minutes (parking around east melbourne is shizenhousen) , but moves beautifully and other supporters said he'd been more impressive than Balta ( which of course may not turn out to be the case long term).
Also Chol competed very well in the ruck, and after seeing him in JLT1 I reckon he's a better option than Soldo as a back up ruckman for Nank.
Woops got Miles and Miller mixed up Jak. I was talking about Miller when comparing to Balta.
Miles did play well though, but when do you ever see him put a poor one in, Mr consistent at that level.

I’m not sold on Higgins just yet from AFL X, JLT1 & these highlights. His kicking style really worries me, he doesn’t look clean on either foot.

Clearly he can get the job done as his stats suggest, he just doesn’t look silky to me as I expect a 1st rounder would be.

Here’s hoping I’m completely off the mark!

I’m not sold on Higgins just yet from AFL X, JLT1 & these highlights. His kicking style really worries me, he doesn’t look clean on either foot.

Clearly he can get the job done as his stats suggest, he just doesn’t look silky to me as I expect a 1st rounder would be.

Here’s hoping I’m completely off the mark!
Not too many league players have a technically perfect kick like shorty , cotch is nowhere near it but pretty effective. Higgo kicking action is krakeour bros like and effective , have no concerns there whatsoever

Not too many league players have a technically perfect kick like shorty , cotch is nowhere near it but pretty effective. Higgo kicking action is krakeour bros like and effective , have no concerns there whatsoever

Yeah sorry I’m not quite sold yet but desperately want him to work out!

Yeah sorry I’m not quite sold yet but desperately want him to work out!
He’s got grunt and a big motor which really suits our game plan. You really have to be happy with the way he’s going about it considering he’s just opened his locker.
His kicking maybe iffy atm , but I think it’s more strength and power lacking as he’s young and small. Watch it improve with strengthening and conditioning.
I was actually worried about whether he could buy into the tackling side of our game plan as his highlights only tended to show flashy snips with explosive acts.
He has already ticked that box for me so for a first preseason he’s well ahead of my expectations. Hang in there bro as he’s going to be a ripper. :moustache:

He’s got grunt and a big motor which really suits our game plan. You really have to be happy with the way he’s going about it considering he’s just opened his locker.
His kicking maybe iffy atm , but I think it’s more strength and power lacking as he’s young and small. Watch it improve with strengthening and conditioning.
I was actually worried about whether he could buy into the tackling side of our game plan as his highlights only tended to show flashy snips with explosive acts.
He has already ticked that box for me so for a first preseason he’s well ahead of my expectations. Hang in there bro as he’s going to be a ripper. :moustache:
I think he'd be a like for like replacement for Lambert later in the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lambert could get injured though.

I don't think Higgins is ready for league football yet but It's likely he may be after the bye.
Hmmm NZT I don’t like to think like that . I believe he could get an earlier hit out, but I’m not actually certain on who he could replace . The other scenario is our depth is very good so he must have a few blokes in competition for spots.

The next wave.
Hopefully when the likes of Astbury Rancey and Jack hang up the boots we have Balta, Miller etc.. with 50 games experience and bodies conditioned with 2,3 or 4 preseasons ready to go
Liking the new back line combination of Miller and Garth.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back