Training VFL Practice Match: Sat 29/3, 11am v Richmond True Value Solar Centre (2 point loss)

Remove this Banner Ad

Our last practice game before the VFL season begins properly.

As always, given the timing in relation to the AFL game the night before, it will be interesting to see which senior listed players play.

indeed, means the emergencies don't get held over and miss a weeks worth of footy.

We'll definitely struggle for goals imo. Steinberg is basically the key forward, possibly to be joined by hardingham

indeed, means the emergencies don't get held over and miss a weeks worth of footy.

We'll definitely struggle for goals imo. Steinberg is basically the key forward, possibly to be joined by hardingham
Would they play Pears/Gregory forward with Freezer down back?

Would they play Pears/Gregory forward with Freezer down back?

possibly, or maybe one of Tagliabue or Milham could go down there and try to cause a bit of havoc and at least bring the ball to ground.

Actually, Mellington will be there, so he'll could play a Brad Johnson-esque short ff role

Since it's a practice match, will it be free entry? or will Essendon members still get free entry for it?

I think all games at the TVSC will be free as I cannot see how they can close if off. There are no gates to the car park at the moment.

Since it's a practice match, will it be free entry? or will Essendon members still get free entry for it?
Can't really see how any games at TVS would actually have charged entry. It's all very open.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit of a pity for the club really. A few thousand bucks extra for the VFL team would be pretty handy I'd imagine.
Not a big deal in the scheme of things, really. Most matches are still at Windy Hill and they can charge entry there.

It'll be interesting to see how it works when those games are held at Highgate in Craigieburn later in the year.

On a related note, Collingwood don't earn any gate revenue from their VFL games, as Victoria Park is now an open public reserve.

Not a big deal in the scheme of things, really. Most matches are still at Windy Hill and they can charge entry there.

It'll be interesting to see how it works when those games are held at Highgate in Craigieburn later in the year.

On a related note, Collingwood don't earn any gate revenue from their VFL games, as Victoria Park is now an open public reserve.

No but they raise enough money from VB sales to run the club for 100 years.

Yoda_

Are you going to be an avid VFL watcher this season, or will daddy duties/other real life stuff render that hard to impossible?

Gonna try my hardest bud. Worst part is, there is only 2 (yep 2! Frankston, Sandringham) games this side of town for me :mad:

Who ever did the filtering clearly didn't think of the people like saladin , Jack Package and myself :mad: (you are the eastern side of town aren't you Captn'?)

Gonna try my hardest bud. Worst part is, there is only 2 (yep 2! Frankston, Sandringham) games this side of town for me :mad:

Who ever did the filtering clearly didn't think of the people like saladin , Jack Package and myself :mad: (you are the eastern side of town aren't you Captn'?)
I'm quite close to Essendon so making most of the home games is pretty easy for me actually. :)

I'm quite close to Essendon so making most of the home games is pretty easy for me actually. :)

HaHa lucky for some ..

Still hate it that there is limited games this side of town. Will try and make it to as many VFL games as possible though. Even planning on getting up for the round 1 Good Friday game at Bendigo.

This will be the last game the team plays at the TVSC as all home games are at Windy Hill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This will be the last game the team plays at the TVSC as all home games are at Windy Hill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last three of the season are at Highgate Reserve in Craigieburn.

It's a shame about us not playing all our games at WH. I love the nostalgia of it.

Eager to see how they re-develop it though

Heard a saints player talking about moorabbin today - they're currently or planning to train there one day a week so the local fans can see them back at the old stomping ground.

I don't doubt the majority of training should be done at HPC but the occasional skills session at windy hill would be good for the fans. A similar scenario to what the saints plan is.

I really enjoy watching VFL games at windy hill - the crowd behaviour is better than AFL and generally the umpires are not influential (although R1 AFL was similar this year)

Heard a saints player talking about moorabbin today - they're currently or planning to train there one day a week so the local fans can see them back at the old stomping ground.

I don't doubt the majority of training should be done at HPC but the occasional skills session at windy hill would be good for the fans. A similar scenario to what the saints plan is.

I really enjoy watching VFL games at windy hill - the crowd behaviour is better than AFL and generally the umpires are not influential (although R1 AFL was similar this year)

Went three times last year for the first time in years and loved it. Senior players are always floating around and willing to pose for photos and sign stuff, and even an extended chat at timed (Fletch :thumbsu:), and yeah, the crowds are really mild mannered as well as you mentioned.

Moorabin needs a huge, huge facelift if the saints are going to use it as even an occasional base, as an irrelevant aside.

The location is really good, there's a lot of parking, but the facilities are crap, even in comparison to windy hill

Remove this Banner Ad

Back