VFL Game Day VFL Practice Match thread

Remove this Banner Ad

eth-dog Interesting. Jones needs game time and Voss is injured? Or Voss is preferred to Jones for next week?

I think the latter maybe
Could be but wouldn’t read too much into it.

Nick Bryan, Lewis Hayes, Rhett Montgomerie, Alastair Lord and some others also aren’t playing VFL today but I don’t expect them at AFL level next week either.

If you look at who is injured and who is playing VFL, and then count the ones that are left, there are too many for them all to play in round 1 of the AFL.

Wouldn’t be surprised if both Voss and Jones miss out and Langford starts forward instead, for example.

Jones needs game time. Only players than need minutes are playing this weekend.
Or those seeking to prove themselves, not sure how else you justify Baldwin and Hind, they’ve not been injured recently afaik.

Langford, Snelling, Hind, Jones, Baldwin, Guelfi, McBride are the AFL listed players playing today

Or those seeking to prove themselves, not sure how else you justify Baldwin and Hind, they’ve not been injured recently afaik.

Langford, Snelling, Hind, Jones, Baldwin, Guelfi, McBride are the AFL listed players playing today
Yeh still needing minutes, no doubt baldwin happy to get another game under his belt learning his new role. And well hind, looking for some form. Can’t see how hind is going to out massimo if he’s lining up in the 2s this week trying to prove himself.

Jones was told he needs to lift his workrate and pull his socks up. That is why he was playing VFL.
From what I have been told Guelfi played a half.
Snelling was good.
Langford played a lot from half back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jones was told he needs to lift his workrate and pull his socks up. That is why he was playing VFL.
From what I have been told Guelfi played a half.
Snelling was good.
Langford played a lot from half back.
His work rate used to be really good, not sure what has happened.

His work rate used to be really good, not sure what has happened.
I think it is a classic example of young player gets in front of where he is . Got games last year when 80% fit . He then gets the impression he is better than he actually is as he has not earned a game based on hard work and recent form .
Think it will be good for him to push his way into the side based on good VFL form .

Heard we might put a seconds team against Greenvale too this week. Hoping for the VFL group to be something like:

FB: Cian McBride - Lewis Hayes - Rhett Montgomerie
HB: Nick Hind - Kaine Baldwin - Alastair Lord
MF: Tom Phillips - Brad Bernacki - Dyson Heppell*
HF: Tex Wanganeen - Harrison Jones - Jake Sutton
FF: Anthony Munkara* - Andrew Phillips - Matt Guelfi*
OB: Nick Bryan - Ben Hobbs* - Stefan Rasinac
IC: Billy Cootee - Jack Cleaver - Brad Lynch - Quinten Narkle - Joel Fitzgerald - Carlos Egan

*Pending fitness

8. Ben Hobbs, 11.Will Snelling, 17.Lewis Hayes, 19.Nick Hind, 24.Nick Bryan, 26.Kaine Baldwin, 28.Alastair Lord, 37.Matt Guelfi, 38.Rhett Montgomerie, 39.Patrick Voss, 40.Tex Wanganeen, 50.Brad Lynch, 51.Will Hoare, 52.Jack Brown, 53.Sam Conforti, 54.Toby Murray, 56.Jake Sutton, 58.Stefan Rasinac, 59.Brad Bernacki, 60.Jack Cleaver, 61.Jacob Brown, 62.Bruno Laguda, 66.Will Madden, 67.Quinton Narkle, 74.John Jorgensen, 77.Joel Fitzgerald

So Massimo and Walla the potential subs tomorrow

I think it is a classic example of young player gets in front of where he is . Got games last year when 80% fit . He then gets the impression he is better than he actually is as he has not earned a game based on hard work and recent form .
Think it will be good for him to push his way into the side based on good VFL form .
Ah well...

I'd love to see Voss rip it apart today. Bring the preseason form in and just start banging on the door.

Also, good to see Hobbs included. I thought he was still out.
It's 10 am tomorrow

Remove this Banner Ad

Back