VFL Game Day VFL Preliminary Final: Williamstown vs Essendon, North Port Oval, Sunday 15/09/19, 2:10 PM

Who goes to the big dance?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

DapperJong

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Good Friday Appeal Spooderman Meme Medal Pantskyle BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
That's what she said. No she didn't.

On a serious note, was trying to say that amongst the average bloke who's played footy, he'd probably be considered a good player. But at AFL level, hes underwhelming.

Note: as I typed this, he was busting out some nice run and gun out of d50.

Yeah I’ll concede he’s probably better than me

It pains me to say it but even with poor conversion and some very soft cheapies given up I don’t think there was any way we could have won that game.

Meese completely eliminated our midfield from the game for the better part of 3 quarters and we still don’t have any genuine avenues to goal. Stoked with the effort to get here but we just didn’t have the cattle present.

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
It pains me to say it but even with poor conversion and some very soft cheapies given up I don’t think there was any way we could have won that game.

Meese completely eliminated our midfield from the game for the better part of 3 quarters and we still don’t have any genuine avenues to goal. Stoked with the effort to get here but we just didn’t have the cattle present.

I would have loved to have seen Draper (or TBC/Clarke) compete against him. He was good but was opposed to a 19 year old boy, an undersized utility and a KPD.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
We got slapped hard in the 1st quarter and just couldn't clutch back; the margin stayed about the same for the rest of the game.

Our i50 deliveries, marking and tackling across both our sides have been weak this year. Hope these areas among others get some attention in the pre season.

The two biggest issues for me has been our inability to hit a target and our inability to stick a tackle. Today highlighted how poor our club is when our VFL struggles with these basic concepts

Last edited:
20niRrg.png

7V5LuPq.png

Back