VFL Game Day VFL Qualifying Final: Richmond vs Essendon, Punt Road Oval, Saturday 31/08/19 @ 2:10 PM AEST

Chicken Dinner?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Hamez

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 8, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Who gave away the free kick when we had possession at half back? That kick would’ve taken it to centre wing, instead they had a forward entry and ended up scoring...

Falcon27

Club Legend
Sep 8, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
13 scoring shots to 1 in the final quarter.

I didn't see one minute of the game, and I really don't care what people say who were there or watched on the box, but that can't be put on the coaches or the umpires. That is squarely on the players.
I did watch just the last quarter, and from what t saw it was hard to understand the same team got to a 40 point lead in the first place.

Oct 22, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Essendon
Its just sad that you go into the last quarter 40 points in front and somehow you just know that is not going to be enough ..........very frustrating for everyone. That last free in front of goal after not calling obvious ones like when we didn't get one for worse on Hocking in the 3rd . .....
I'll never understand why they make a 50 50 call when the game is so close
Same reason they all became umpires in the first place: for the power trip.

High contact free everyday of the week though.

westking

Cancelled
Apr 25, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Whoever happens to be winning
I think talent versus talent the Bombers have more. It was displayed for three quarters. However mentally the Tigers new they were superior. At this level it is generally the difference. I suspect we could have had Zaharakis, Hooker and Hurley out there today and still would of lost.

You aren't a fan eth-dog but Dylant Landt has done some nice and important things in this first quarter.
I'm not not a fan, I just think he's outside the best side.

Oct 12, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Celtics
He’s not Irish but whatevs

Watched game til halfway thru 3rd, have just got home am sure you're all taking the piss, NO WAY surely.

That’s probably what are the Tiger fans who left at 3/4 time were saying when they got home

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So who have we got next week? What's the likelihood of a straight sets exit?

We play winner of Werribee v Box Hill. We’ll be favourites against either but it’ll be very tight.

It was a decent choke but if you look at our recent form we have been getting run over in the second half and there are a few VFL players who have recently come back and not played a lot of footy. On top of that you have a few of the young VFL kids having not played a lot of finals footy and things unwind. We have also been under maned in the ruck for half a season.
Yes they should have won but it is very easy to pick why they fell over and anyone who has played / coached or been around footy long enough will have been involved or seen it happen.
Last week Geelong smashed us in the second half. This week we ran out a better side but still did not handle the pressure.

Back