Autopsy VFL - Roast, Toast and Discussion (Bye next week)

Who was your best on ground for the AFL listed players vs Port Melbourne (3, 2 and 1 vote)?

• Corey Ellis

Votes: 34 65.4%
  • Anthony Miles

Votes: 33 63.5%
  • Tyson Stengle

Votes: 14 26.9%
  • Shai Bolton

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Noah Balta

Votes: 27 51.9%
  • Callum Moore

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • Ryan Garthwaite

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Connor Menadue

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Nathan Broad

• Oleg Markov

• Patrick Naish

• Liam Baker

• Mabior Chol

• Shaun Hampson

• Ivan Soldo

Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Ben Miller

• Nathan Drummond

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Great stuff!!!

We obviously have a fairly talented bunch of younger guys.

Miles should get a gig. he's just competing with genuine AFL stars. CEllis is above VFL. I wonder whether he knows that and so is comfortable there and so plays to his potential. I can see why Dimma et al play him in the AFL. Get his confidence up and let's see him skyrocket (or so the hope is).

Love that our talls are coming on. Reckon Hammer is dust now. Soldo holds down the second ruck and if CCJ can come on it's all awesome.

Just happy stuff for me reading the VFL reports.

great work guys. Love what you do letting us know how it all is going.

Balta having 20+ disposals as a CHB when the ball was hardly down their end is very impressive, by all accounts took some ripping grabs too. What a steal he could be.

Our depth has become fantastic imo, credit to the recruiters and scouts.

Miles, C Ellis, Menadue, Stengle, Bolton, Garth, Balta, Markov, Broad (best 22 in all likelihood), Soldo, Chol, Moore, Naish

Impressive plug and play type depth (Miles, Stengle, Markov, Menadue, Soldo, Broad) and fantastic youth (Balta, Naish, Miller, Bolton, Garth, Chol)

And this is with Prestia, Caddy, Rioli missing in action on the weekend. Add those 3 guys to our seniors along with Broad and the depth adds guys like Conca, Short, Lloyd, Higgins.

Awesome.

Great stuff!!!

We obviously have a fairly talented bunch of younger guys.

Miles should get a gig. he's just competing with genuine AFL stars. CEllis is above VFL. I wonder whether he knows that and so is comfortable there and so plays to his potential. I can see why Dimma et al play him in the AFL. Get his confidence up and let's see him skyrocket (or so the hope is).

Love that our talls are coming on. Reckon Hammer is dust now. Soldo holds down the second ruck and if CCJ can come on it's all awesome.

Just happy stuff for me reading the VFL reports.

great work guys. Love what you do letting us know how it all is going.
Agree with everything you've said with the exception of C Ellis being above VFL; l see him as a good player in the 2nds but not above VFL based on his 25 game AFL performances so far. At the moment he has proven not to be above VFL or he wouldn't still be there. I am not saying he can't make the AFL one day (I am sceptical he can) but right now he has proven he is not mentally and physically able to transfer his skill set on the big stage

Was Drummond in the midfield?
More forward I think although it's hard to tell sometimes with forwards pushing right up the ground but can't remember seeing him in centre bounces. His intensity was a lot higher than the previous week worked really hard defensively. Good size too has done a bit of work in the gym while injured.

zP3EHde.png

hCiMzG3.png

Agree with everything you've said with the exception of C Ellis being above VFL; l see him as a good player in the 2nds but not above VFL based on his 25 game AFL performances so far. At the moment he has proven not to be above VFL or he wouldn't still be there. I am not saying he can't make the AFL one day (I am sceptical he can) but right now he has proven he is not mentally and physically able to transfer his skill set on the big stage

I guess what I mean is that he is a very good VFL player - i.e. above the average VFL player. But that has not translated to AFL. If he can keep up 30+ possessions then he's a shot at getting bag into the big show. It's when he can start to really contribute to the AFL that he's shown he's worth it.

There are many players that are above VFL (i.e. better than just a decent VFL player) that never can play genuine AFL quality. He might just fit that. Hope not. But the only way we'll find out is for time to pass.

More forward I think although it's hard to tell sometimes with forwards pushing right up the ground but can't remember seeing him in centre bounces. His intensity was a lot higher than the previous week worked really hard defensively. Good size too has done a bit of work in the gym while injured.
Hi CP just on the broadcasting of VFL games live update . The Casey Demons still have the Casey Radio 3SER mobile van. Good to know if we play them away then we can tune in to 97.7 FM.

ABBC726A-25C6-4322-B25E-B15368E981BD.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back