Autopsy VFL - Roast, Toast & Discussion (Werribee away next week)

Best on Ground vs Casey Demons

• Anthony Miles

Votes: 36 81.8%
  • Noah Balta

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • Nathan Drummond

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ryan Garthwaite

Votes: 15 34.1%
  • Mabior Chol

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • Conner Menadue

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • Patrick Naish

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Liam Baker

• Shai Bolton

Votes: 19 43.2%
  • Tyson Stengle

• Callum Moore

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • Oleg Markov

Votes: 20 45.5%
  • Corey Ellis

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Callum Coleman-Jones

Votes: 16 36.4%
  • Ivan Soldo

Votes: 16 36.4%
  • Benjamin Miller

Votes: 2 4.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

We were very wasteful in front of goal when dominating in the second half, but never looked like losing.

Thought the run of Markov was quite good.

Very nice debut by CCJ. Finished with 3 goals, and could’ve had for had the siren gone a couple of seconds later.

Balta looked a bit lost compared to round 1. He needs to be left at half back, rather than thrown back and forward constantly.

Soldo as always was dominant in the ruck, but just doesn’t quite look like an AFL footballer yet.

Chol would be playing seniors if he could stick some of those marks he constantly drops.

Stengle and Bolton both showed a bit, but wasted their chances.

Garth is becoming ever reliable in defence. Doesn’t get a lot of it, but doesn’t lose a contest either.

C.Ellis hardly sighted? Miles his usual self and Menadue looked good at times running off half back.

Very happy with the way our big boys looked today and we will have some serious players in the big man dept
Chol looking like he is developing very nicely and with what i have seen happy to wait another 2-3 years for what could be a special player
CJ some strong marks and a big lad kicking looked good and 1st game was a good start and will help his confidence
Balta - Just want this kid to be special and even though today wasnt special every game he will develop makes it closer to seniors

Markov,Miles looked a level above

Very happy with the way our big boys looked today and we will have some serious players in the big man dept
Chol looking like he is developing very nicely and with what i have seen happy to wait another 2-3 years for what could be a special player
CJ some strong marks and a big lad kicking looked good and 1st game was a good start and will help his confidence
Balta - Just want this kid to be special and even though today wasnt special every game he will develop makes it closer to seniors

Markov,Miles looked a level above
Higgins waddle ok?!?

All of our KPP showed some good signs today, CJ impressive up forward, keen to see him do some ruck work soon.
Thought Baker was pretty quick, played a bit like Butler does, coming up to the wing and roaming along the flanks and pockets.
CCJ get much ruck time? Or Hammer and Soldo do most of it

Chol coming along nicely, think he will get a run in the seniors soon.

Markov was great
Menadue quieter but everything he does screams afl ready.
Miles his usual self, poor bastard.
Strong debut from CCJ
Baker is impressive and has a bit of mongrel, I like it
Balts quiet but good learning curve, can't expect every game to be better than the last

(Log in to remove this ad.)

love how the game day thread gets shut down as soon as the siren sounds

Apologies for the abrupt locking of the thread, I needed to head out so I was in a bit of a rush.

We were very wasteful in front of goal when dominating in the second half, but never looked like losing.

Thought the run of Markov was quite good.

Very nice debut by CCJ. Finished with 3 goals, and could’ve had for had the siren gone a couple of seconds later.

Balta looked a bit lost compared to round 1. He needs to be left at half back, rather than thrown back and forward constantly.

Soldo as always was dominant in the ruck, but just doesn’t quite look like an AFL footballer yet.

Chol would be playing seniors if he could stick some of those marks he constantly drops.

Stengle and Bolton both showed a bit, but wasted their chances.

Garth is becoming ever reliable in defence. Doesn’t get a lot of it, but doesn’t lose a contest either.

C.Ellis hardly sighted? Miles his usual self and Menadue looked good at times running off half back.
I think they were saving CEllis as emergency for the seniors. Spent large periods on the bench and looked to have played about 40/50%.
That should make some happy... and some no so.

I think they were saving CEllis as emergency for the seniors. Spent large periods on the bench and looked to have played about 40/50%.
That should make some happy... and some no so.

Not sure about that, might explain why he was shifted to the wing though.
Not sure though.

Thinking it will be Broad that comes into the team, Coaches would be looking to get him into the team asap
Broads size,pace and agility gives our backline structure so much more flexability and allows Houli /Vlastuin some freedom to run off their man

Im expecting Grigg to go to Oliver and Short to play the Grigg role

Thinking it will be Broad that comes into the team, Coaches would be looking to get him into the team asap
Broads size,pace and agility gives our backline structure so much more flexability and allows Houli /Vlastuin some freedom to run off their man

Im expecting Grigg to go to Oliver and Short to play the Grigg role
What did you think of CEllis game?

Back