VFL Round 1 Richmond v North Ballarat Roosters Sunday 16 April 12:00pm Punt Road

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 31, 2011
Premiership nirvana
AFL Club
Richmond
Sunday's match kicks off at 12pm, giving Richmond fans the chance to watch the VFL game live before the AFL side takes on Brisbane at the Gabba at 4:40pm.

Entry is via the Punt Road End gate, which opens at 11:30am. Entry is free for Richmond members, $10 for adults, $5 concession and children under-15 enter for free.

Richmond VFL Round 1 team
B: Batchelor, Beasley, Garthwaite
HB: C.Ellis, S.Morris, Darley
C: Hunt, Miles, Markov
HF: Drummond, Lennon, Stengle
F: Lloyd, Chol, Moore
R: Soldo, Townsend, Ballard
IC: Coffield, Fletcher, Cass, Forato, Holden, O'Sullivan, Silvestro, Aarts, Wood

I will be there to do report and answer any questions.
Pay particular attention to Lennon - plenty on here will want to know whether he'll become the Champion they've hoped for or whether he'll be delisted at the end of the season:D

Thanks Guru

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2017-04-14/vfl-tigers-name-round-1-squad

The VFL Tigers have finalised their team for this Sunday's Round 1 match against North Ballarat at Punt Road Oval.

Richmond VFL takes a strong team into its first match for the 2017 VFL season, with a number of AFL-listed players named to take on the Roosters.

From 12pm this Sunday afternoon, you can tune in to a live audio broadcast of Richmond's VFL season opener against North Ballarat.

Forward Ben Lennon returns from senior duties, adding strength to forward line alongside Sam Lloyd, Mabior Chol, Nathan Drummond, Tyson Stengle and Callum Moore.

Tiger tall Ivan Maric will miss the clash with a back complaint, while youngster Shai Bolton will serve his one match suspension.

Sunday's match kicks off at 12pm, giving Richmond fans the chance to watch the VFL game live before the AFL side takes on Brisbane at the Gabba at 4:40pm.

Entry is via the Punt Road End gate, which opens at 11:30am. Entry is free for Richmond members, $10 for adults, $5 concession and children under-15 enter for free.

Richmond VFL Round 1 team
B: Batchelor, Beasley, Garthwaite
HB: C.Ellis, S.Morris, Darley
C: Hunt, Miles, Markov
HF: Drummond, Lennon, Stengle
F: Lloyd, Chol, Moore
R: Soldo, Townsend, Ballard
IC: Coffield, Fletcher, Cass, Forato, Holden, O'Sullivan, Silvestro, Aarts, Wood

15 AFL listed players named, but would be surprised if we do not have a spare for the Brisbane game.

CEllis and Lennon need to be playing in the midfield and told to absolutely dominate.

Lennon wont make it in any other position as his speed is exposed and he cannot great separation and Corey is an inside mid first and foremost.

Lennons not a mid though. He's a forward. That's about all he can do

He played 2nd half of TAC cup year as a mid and averaged over 20 disposals and I've seen him do it at VFL level

How'd he go at VFL level as a mid? Dominate at all? I don't think he'll make it as a mid. Not at this club or at this level

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How'd he go at VFL level as a mid? Dominate at all? I don't think he'll make it as a mid. Not at this club or at this level

He was good... only played there for about 2 weeks. His hands around packs are so clean and he makes great decisions with his handballing that I see it as his best option.

I hate looking at our named vfl teams each week. It just brings home the lack of quality coming thru and how shallow the list really is especially in talls and genuine mids.

They need to fix the VFL fixture, round 1 should start the same time as afl rather than all these practice matches. Bolton serving a 1 match suspension for something he did 3 or 4 weeks ago is a bit of a joke.

I hate looking at our named vfl teams each week. It just brings home the lack of quality coming thru and how shallow the list really is especially in talls and genuine mids.
Yeah that's why we win by nearly 6 goals most weeks.

Great effort again Guru.:thumbsu:
Just taking advantage of a rare non work day on Sunday. Really love watching the 2s such a relaxing atmosphere get to sit in JACKS STAND. Can have a kick on the ground get up close to the players and coaches it's like going back to the 70's again. Recommend all tiger supporter and members come down. Also the MUSEUM is fantastica real walk down memory lane.
Go Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back