VFL Round 1 Richmond v North Ballarat Roosters Sunday 16 April 12:00pm Punt Road

Remove this Banner Ad

Ellis and Darryl was down back so never saw much action. We're both effective when needed to be. Stengle all class great decision maker never seem flustered. Willing to hold onto the ball till right decision is made natural footballer great goal sense ( huge man crush ).Lloyd and Lennon both excellent did everything you would expect.

Thanks mate - like you and others, I have very high hopes for Stengke...hope he keeps on the upward trajectory...an opportunity will open up for him eventually

Townsend shouldn't be forgotten - he has probably been the most consistent player through the practise matches and again Rd 1 in terms of getting the ball and kicking goals - Miles is what Miles is and I think they'll look to play him more when the winter weather comes in - I have no idea why they played Menadue as he hadn't hardly touched it in VFL - same Markov unfortunately - and Soldo can play, he will be very good I think, and we should have promoted and played him in front of Elton, and also Griff really on form - he could do 50/50 with Nank fwd/ruck no worries - Chol is still a way off, but shows enough to keep him - Lloyd was good as you'd expect with his skill set at that level - same Lennon, who even though struggling form wise I would play in front of Elton as well .... particularly when Griff is out .... his defensive pressure is now ok, good by foot, i'd like to see him persevered with at senior level

6fEJIDf.png

HpEsdp1.png

Thanks mate - like you and others, I have very high hopes for Stengke...hope he keeps on the upward trajectory...an opportunity will open up for him eventually
My thinking is next year young Daniel Rioli will move into the midfield while young Tyson Stengle will move into the fwd line. .
Can see Ivan. Tyson and Mabior all having an impact next year

Have watched the stream of the VFL game and noted a few things. Although hard to gauge the players based on the quality of the opposition. So take with a grain of salt:

Soldo looks like a beast, tap work was very impressive. Clearly the second ruck now. Nice goal in the third also.
Stengle's pressure / ball use his strengths. Great nana in second quarter, looked like a regulation goal for him. Great pass to Lennon in third. Didn't get a lot of it but was influential when he did.
Chol is very exciting player to watch with his attack on the ball but often doesn't quite finish off his good work with a clean possession. Very impressed with his development though. He spent a lot of time in the ruck which is good because we desperate need a quality ruck forward. Goal kicking also needs to improve.
Moore looks an average player and some of the VFL players looked better than him. Did have a good chase and tackle in the third and an early goal but hardly noticed him.
Miles as expected won plenty of the ball and used it well. Given great service from Soldo especially. Pressing for a game back in the firsts.
Ben Lennon worked hard and is an elite kick, with 4 of his goals from outside 50. Took a courageous mark, running back with the flight in the first quarter and some good contested marks. Super chase and tackle in the last also. Another for the selection committee to consider.
Nathan Drummond played as a tagger on Nick Rippon. Might be his niche in the AFL as clearly beat Rippon who is the best player on their list. Kicking is his biggest concern as he missed a few targets.
Hunt good rebound and poor distribution.
Ellis got a few loose ball gets and used the ball well. Hard to assess the backs on a day they ball went rarely down there.
Morris looks in good form when the ball got down back.
Sam Lloyd offered a lot of goal threat and a good marking target. Will be in the mix for selection against the Dees.
Towno good contested work on the ball and as a small forward. Been in good form at VFL level and may be worth giving him another crack in the AFL team.
The VFL players look good quality. Ballard, Wood, Silvestro, Aarts and Darley stood out especially

Just watching the stream, first quarter Lennon ran a solid 20-25 metres with the flight of the ball and took the mark. Didn't take his eyes off it.
Those are the little big things that will see him back in the ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watching the stream, first quarter Lennon ran a solid 20-25 metres with the flight of the ball and took the mark. Didn't take his eyes off it.
Those are the little big things that will see him back in the ones.

You're nothing but faithful Prod:D:thumbsu:

Big fan of Lennon and his potential.

We know..... I was tracking him for a few years believing he just needed time, health and opportunity. Lost the faith after I saw him train twice at Maroochydore. Not the sort of player I'd build a forward line around. Hope he comes good though. because he has some tools for the game.

We know..... I was tracking him for a few years believing he just needed time, health and opportunity. Lost the faith after I saw him train twice at Maroochydore. Not the sort of player I'd build a forward line around. Hope he comes good though. because he has some tools for the game.

He is not one you build a forward line around, but I think he can be our Gunston.

Was at the game yesterday, he was terrible in the first quarter but picked up after that, as did the whole side really. VFL is his level.
I watched the replay...we must have watching different games...
When the game was hot...and fiercest...in the first Q...(few scuffles and fight broke out)...Lennon took two screaming marks...

Townsend shouldn't be forgotten - he has probably been the most consistent player through the practise matches and again Rd 1 in terms of getting the ball and kicking goals - Miles is what Miles is and I think they'll look to play him more when the winter weather comes in - I have no idea why they played Menadue as he hadn't hardly touched it in VFL - same Markov unfortunately - and Soldo can play, he will be very good I think, and we should have promoted and played him in front of Elton, and also Griff really on form - he could do 50/50 with Nank fwd/ruck no worries - Chol is still a way off, but shows enough to keep him - Lloyd was good as you'd expect with his skill set at that level - same Lennon, who even though struggling form wise I would play in front of Elton as well .... particularly when Griff is out .... his defensive pressure is now ok, good by foot, i'd like to see him persevered with at senior level
That's about 7 players who could arguably step straight into the firsts. Good VFL form, however, should be no guarantee of an instant senior spot. Townsend, Miles great depth for injuries to midfield should they happen. Lloyd & Lennon depth for the fwd line. & Griff & Soldo depth for our most injury prone area, talls. If the winning form in the AFL continues, they aren't going to change it unnecessarily. But even in winning sides there are poor performing players who run the risk of being dropped.

He is not one you build a forward line around, but I think he can be our Gunston.

Said that more as figure of speech, I'm sure you know what I mean. You are no dill. There are six players you build a fwd line around. We desperately need his type, but I doubt he has the full respect of his teammates yet. We can say he shouldn't have to in a professional game - but it tends to work that way - despite Leading Teams. He's probably the guy you give the nick of ASPRO to.

I watched the replay...we must have watching different games...
When the game was hot...and fiercest...in the first Q...(few scuffles and fight broke out)...Lennon took two screaming marks...
It was different games, in taking about Marcon

Yes he should. He's just enjoying his last year on a senior list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back