VFL Game Day VFL Round 1: Sandringham vs Essendon (71-78 loss)

Remove this Banner Ad

You're calling for Francis to come in against the Pies when you a) have no idea if he played well or not and b) have no idea how the AFL side will play against Adelaide. Are you serious? This Francis hype is ******

I don't even care if he plays well, we know he has the ability to play AFL. It's just about the run in the legs. I care more about him staying uninjured

They would be singing a different tune if their peanut recruitment manager didn't fold to Dodoro and held onto pick #5. Just imagine being a grown adult and praying that a ******* 19 year old fails. Christ

Thats the funny part about it.. you don't see Ess supporters trashing gresham at every opportunity. Take a quick peak over at the saints board and those minnows would be glad if Francis did a knee so they'd be 1 up.
It's the opposite in fact. Most people on here would love Gresham, he's all class.

So if we smash Adelaide tonight, Francis still comes in?

Well if you smash the ladder leaders then you'd have to take form into account. I'd suggest we are playing a few blokes in the 1st that are close to being dropped though, wouldn't you?

Francis hype isn't just from supporters. He's mentioned on Podcasts with coaches, everyone asks about him. They know the talent. It's his fitness we're worried about. And the fact he's continually getting through games, and that 3 weeks ago bluey said they wanted to string 3-4 weeks of games into him before he comes in suggests hes close.

Well if you smash the ladder leaders then you'd have to take form into account. I'd suggest we are playing a few blokes in the 1st that are close to being dropped though, wouldn't you?

I'd love see Francis in the team, don't get me wrong, but I think constantly calling for a player to come into the team completely disregarding the form of both the player and the team is pretty dumb. Like what if didn't get near the ball today? Surely you at least wait until you have an idea of how he played and how the 1sts played before you start blowing your load.

I'd love see Francis in the team, don't get me wrong, but I think constantly calling for a player to come into the team completely disregarding the form of both the player and the team is pretty dumb. Like what if didn't get near the ball today? Surely you at least wait until you have an idea of how he played and how the 1sts played before you start blowing your load.

I think for me personally you'd make way for him, because he's an essential player and he would benfit playing in the 1s over the 2s. Hence McGrath.. I feel he could be in the 2s and someone could take his role and be doing just as well as him, but him being in the 1s is much better for his development.

1. andy coach Lindsay Gilbee says best-afield Darren Minchington is 'a class above' VFL. 'I'd love him to translate that form into AFL form'.

1 reply1 retweet3 likes

2. SKT Decyfer‏ @Decyferx 32m32 minutes ago
    he line up on Francis Paul?

1 reply0 retweets0 likes
Paul Amy‏ @PaulAmy375
Replying to @Decyferx
No, he did not. Francis played forward, back and on the ball. Cheers now

mk

What a s**t game. Saints inability to put us away the only reason we were in with a sniff.

Tom Brllchamber looks well short of a gallop. Someone so big just lumbered around with no real aggression is a worry.
Still, got into the game in a third of quarter resurgence with a handful of tapouts to advantage.

Aaron Francis needs to go back to basics. Stop playing U18 footy now! The showboating, the high % kick, the pack mark 5 deep.
His aggression in the contest (with & without the ball) is second to none. Can tell he could play AFL just need to settle him in one role.

Josh Begley was largely unsighted playing fwd. Kicked 0.2 (or 0.1 & 1 OOF). Still, can tell the determination inthe kid gt o have a crack.

James Stewart was one i wasreally keen to see. What a disappointment!! Kicked maybe 2 lucky goals but flunked two more assistchances with dinky kicks. Didnt play in the ruck at all today.

Kobe Mutch was arguarbly our best player today. Ran hard to be an option and linked up well. His dual sidedness a real feature without any outstanding disposals. Took a huge mark in the 3rd deep on the last line.

Jackson struggled which he will most lfthe year imho

Craig Bird had a typical day. Good stuff here, somethingthere but largely unsighted for long periods.

Alex Morgan finished the gamw on the pine with what appeared to be a leg injury.

Michael Hartleywas s**t!! Turned it over and had no thought process to his kicking.
Dylan Clarke played some minutes on the wing as evidence grew he was an inskde mid. Hole and behold, won clearances whwn he played the last 1/4 in the middle. Kicking an issue.

Sam Draper has something. His tap work is neat without the stickbean body to back it up. A lot to learn and a 4 year long term player but something to work with.

Heath Hocking had a typical Buddha day. Tough in the clinches without much support. Got a bit without being dominant.

Ben Mcaneice was good in patches.

Shaun McKernan went missing for long stretches but finished with maybe two majors playing more fwd than ruxk

Matt Dea has courage but was always going to struggle against the powerful Sandy fwds. Flew into packs kamikaze style but failed to make a huge impact.

Couple of our better players were captain Nick O abrien, Nick Hind and James Peters also quite good.

Oh, and eth-dog you owe everyone an apology for not only suggesting we're aflag chance but that Ozgr Uysal is a gun. The bloke played but you wouldnt have thought so. He was shithouse..

1. andy coach Lindsay Gilbee says best-afield Darren Minchington is 'a class above' VFL. 'I'd love him to translate that form into AFL form'.

1 reply1 retweet3 likes

2. SKT Decyfer‏ @Decyferx 32m32 minutes ago
    he line up on Francis Paul?

1 reply0 retweets0 likes
Paul Amy‏ @PaulAmy375
Replying to @Decyferx
No, he did not. Francis played forward, back and on the ball. Cheers now

mk

Fwiw Mimchington had a mixture of Nash Holmes, Nick Hind and Jock Cornell. Francis was never on him

What a s**t game. Saints inability to put us away the only reason we were in with a sniff.

Tom Brllchamber looks well short of a gallop. Someone so big just lumbered around with no real aggression is a worry.
Still, got into the game in a third of quarter resurgence with a handful of tapouts to advantage.

Aaron Francis needs to go back to basics. Stop playing U18 footy now! The showboating, the high % kick, the pack mark 5 deep.
His aggression in the contest (with & without the ball) is second to none. Can tell he could play AFL just need to settle him in one role.

Josh Begley was largely unsighted playing fwd. Kicked 0.2 (or 0.1 & 1 OOF). Still, can tell the determination inthe kid gt o have a crack.

James Stewart was one i wasreally keen to see. What a disappointment!! Kicked maybe 2 lucky goals but flunked two more assistchances with dinky kicks. Didnt play in the ruck at all today.

Kobe Mutch was arguarbly our best player today. Ran hard to be an option and linked up well. His dual sidedness a real feature without any outstanding disposals. Took a huge mark in the 3rd deep on the last line.

Craig Bird had a typical day. Good stuff here, somethingthere but largely unsighted for long periods.

Alex Morgan finished the gamw on the pine with what appeared to be a leg injury.

Michael Hartleywas s**t!! Turned it over and had no thought process to his kicking.
Dylan Clarke played some minutes on the wing as evidence grew he was an inskde mid. Hole and behold, won clearances whwn he played the last 1/4 in the middle. Kicking an issue.

Sam Draper has something. His tap work is neat without the stickbean body to back it up. A lot to learn and a 4 year long term player but something to work with.

Heath Hocking had a typical Buddha day. Tough in the clinches without much support. Got a bit without being dominant.

Shaun McKernan went missing for long stretches but finished with maybe two majors playing more fwd than ruxk

Matt Dea has courage but was always going to struggle against the powerful Sandy fwds. Flew into packs kamikaze style but failed to make a huge impact.

Couple of our better players were captain Nick O abrien, Nick Hind and James Peters also quite good.

Oh, and eth-dog you owe everyone an apology for not only suggesting we're aflag chance but that Ozgr Uysal is a gun. The bloke played but you wouldnt have thought so. He was shithouse..
We are a flag chance and he is a gun. Bloke averaged 24 disposals over 4 years in the VFL.

Wining clearances is his bread and butter, why he is playing on a wing in the first place is beyond me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're calling for Francis to come in against the Pies when you a) have no idea if he played well or not and b) have no idea how the AFL side will play against Adelaide. Are you serious? This Francis hype is ******
Francis is a level above every single player who played today. Fair too assume that Langford has his spot at risk due to his recent performances.

Come on ETH it's ok to be wrong pal. Ha ha
It is, but in this case I'm not. How does a loss to a team that is quite clearly a bogey side (having not beaten them since 2013) change the fact that we're a genuine flag chance? The reigning premiers lost yesterday to a side that's unlikely to make the 8.

Uysal has been dominating clearances for 4 years and if he was playing for Coburg today they would have beaten Collingwood.

Alex Morgan finished the gamw on the pine with what appeared to be a leg injury
surely not another hamstring...

Would honetsly prefer to play Draper then Bellchambers. Leuey and McKernan miles ahead of him.

Disappointing to hear Stewart didn't play well, was hoping he'd make an appearance in the 1's soon

Great that Mutch and Clarke have made immediate impact though. Good signs

Pretty much sums it up.:thumbsu:

Gave them 7 goals from turnovers. Sit skills in the first half cost us the game.

surely not another hamstring...

Would honetsly prefer to play Draper then Bellchambers. Leuey and McKernan miles ahead of him.

Disappointing to hear Stewart didn't play well, was hoping he'd make an appearance in the 1's soon

Great that Mutch and Clarke have made immediate impact though. Good signs
What a completely imbecilic statement. Bellchambers shits on Smack from a great height.

It is, but in this case I'm not. How does a loss to a team that is quite clearly a bogey side (having not beaten them since 2013) change the fact that we're a genuine flag chance? The reigning premiers lost yesterday to a side that's unlikely to make the 8.

Uysal has been dominating clearances for 4 years and if he was playing for Coburg today they would have beaten Collingwood.

Yeah, but he wasn't and they didn't so.... :p

FWIW I think he is a very solid VFL player, and will be vital for us moving forward.

Last edited:

Yet the VFL record had 2 or 3players from every club that had left and would be missed and he did not make Coburg's list of players to be missed.
He was bloody average today.

Yeah, but he wasn't and they didn't so.... :p

FWIW I think he is a very solid VFL player, and will be vital for us moving forward.
Unfortunately both my sides had a very close loss this afternoon.
Yet the VFL record had 2 or 3players from every club that had left and would be missed and he did not make Coburg's list of players to be missed.
He was bloody average today.
Well we had 6 of our top 10 players leave so that's not surprising. Uysal, Fox, Younan, Ryan, Saad and Cauchi will all hurt.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back