VFL Game Day Round 11: Loss to Casey

Remove this Banner Ad

Essendon come up against bogey side and another contender for the top 4 in Casey this week, who have only played the 5 games but won them all, whilst the Bombers have 2 wins from their 6 games so far this season. Essendon have beaten Casey once since going stand alone and have lost their last 6 consecutive games against them, this whilst having a relatively strong VFL list to pick from unlike this years.

Essendon really struggled in their last start against Box Hill, only kicking 1 goal in the first half. However after half time they arrested the momentum to kick 6 goals to 5 in the second half and reducing the margin from 60 points to 51 at full time when it looked as if they would cop a 100 point loss. Martin Gleeson was really a class above with 30 disposals, 8 marks and a goal across half back whilst Andrew Phillips had 19 disposals and 11 marks in the ruck, Irish youngster Cian McBride celebrating his first game forward with 3 goals.

Casey's last start was all the way back in round 6 against Sydney, after a tight first half the Demons kicked away in the second half to round out 40 point winners. James Munro was a standout, collecting 23 disposals and kicking 3 goals from the midfield, former Bomber Mitch Brown kicking 2 goals from his 7 shots up forward as well. Oskar Baker and Jay Lockhart were also prolific with 26 disposals apiece for the Demons.

Possible sides:

Essendon vs Casey

FF: Nick Bryan - Cian McBride - Lachlan Johnson
FB: Deakyn Smith - Kye Declase - Neville Jetta
HF: Ned Cahill - Josh Eyre - Patrick Ambrose
HB: Bailey Laurie - Joel Smith - Jay Lockhart
MF: Tom Cutler - Joe Atley - Sam Durham
MF: Oskar Baker - Nathan Jones - Fraser Rosman
HB: Martin Gleeson - Zach Reid - Charlie Byrne
HF: Toby Bedford - Mitchell Brown - Kade Chandler
FB: Tom Hird - Cody Brand - Daniel Thompson
FF: Jake Melksham - Sam Weideman - Majak Daw
OB: Andrew Phillips - Alec Waterman - Kyle Dunkley
OB: Austin Bradtke - Aaron Vandenberg - Jake Bowey
IC: Josh Smithson - Sam Conforti - Sam McLarty - Brady Rowles
IC: Daniel Turner - James Munro - Zac Foot - Mitch White

We're really gonna struggle here. 19 possible AFL listed players for Caseyalong with their betterVFL players? Could get ugly, Casey by69

Thread updated. Now a Casey home game and on Sunday so a good chance for Yoda_ to go and watch along with anyone else from out that way (there are going to be spectators allowed this weekend I believe).

Neither side has been released annoyingly. Suspect we might see Zaka in there, and they'll probably move Mitch Brown into defence and play Ben Brown forward from that side.

Thread updated. Now a Casey home game and on Sunday so a good chance for Yoda_ to go and watch along with anyone else from out that way (there are going to be spectators allowed this weekend I believe).

Nuh
Casey are good.
We are not
Also this

Broadcast on Channel 7, from 12pm.

And my daughters 1st birthday too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nuh
Casey are good.
We are not
Also this

Boo! I'm making the trek.

But happy birthday to your daughter.

Nuh
Casey are good.
We are not
Also this

Soft :p
I am not going either. Going shopping with the wife o_O

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeh looks ok down there. What's his natural position? Is it back or forward?
Played both as a junior apparently

Casey with 20 Melbourne listed players. Just shows how lucky they've been with injury and how big a role this plays with success at both levels.
They have a lot of quality missing too from their VFL list

Remove this Banner Ad

Back