VFL Game Day VFL Round 12: Port Melbourne vs Essendon, North Port Oval, Sunday 23/06/19, 2:10 PM (Ch7 game)

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think I've seen us make a genuinely good side and a flag contender look like park footballers before. This was an absolute rout.

As usual, player ratings:

#8 Martin Gleeson: Looked really good in the first half, hope if Guelfi doesn't get up he comes in. Ready for AFL footy

#10 Aaron Francis: Made probably the best defender on a VFL list look silly (Waddell). Plays against Werribee for me.

#12 Mark Baguley: Only played a half but also was invisible for that half. Has to play against Werribee IMO.

#14 Jordan Ridley: Hmm. Good without being great, which is what we need.

#19 Kobe Mutch: Seamless entry. Stanton clone.

#22 Irving Mosquito: Hehehe. Plays like Tippa at the same age.

#23 David Myers: Good second half. Was invisible before HT though for some reason :p.

#24 Jordan Houlahan: Say it every other week, he needs to take his chances if he has so little of the ball.

#30 Brandon Zerk-Thatcher: Was very good before the corkie. Love him to bits.

#32 Noah Gown: I like the kid. May not be as impressive as Bowman but he's a good prospect still IMO.

#33 Brayden Ham: Very even over the 4 quarters. Nice little player.

#34 Jake Long: Standard Long. Good, not great, not enough pill.

#36 Michael Hartley: Best on for me. Completely destroyed the best key forward in the VFL.

#39 Trent Mynott: He just oozes class. Great game

#41 Ben McNiece: Beat Pearson and was generally good with his disposal.

#49 Matt Dea: Solid game against a good player in Conway.

#76 Will Snelling: Smith clone. Really like his tackle pressure.

How did jmoo wan 's boy Zac Clarke play?
He didn't.

We now have 12 AFL players qualified for finals. Gleeson, McNiece qualified with todays game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I missed one of the quarters due to having an afternoon nap. Ham goes about his work accumulating and doing good things. Maybe he flew under the radar a bit for me, but a case could certainly be made for him.
What were your 5-1?
Hartley
Ham
Younan
Snelling
Francis

With Mutch, Heppell, Mynott, Mozzie and Zerk unlucky.

Will Snelling surely comes in.
Gleeson rested for the second half for the GWS game, so i imagine he comes in for Guelfi if he doesnt come up

Good game in the ruck from Bowman, playing himself onto a rookie list

17 disposals
5 marks
5 tackles
35 hit outs

To be fair, the bloke he played no (Michael Wenn) was a 22 year old playing his 4th game. Bowman showed a couple of very exciting things today, athleticism too. Would have been happy to see Draper as our #1 ruck with Bowman as a second fwd/second ruck.

I don't think I've seen us make a genuinely good side and a flag contender look like park footballers before. This was an absolute rout.

As usual, player ratings:

#8 Martin Gleeson: Looked really good in the first half, hope if Guelfi doesn't get up he comes in. Ready for AFL footy

#10 Aaron Francis: Made probably the best defender on a VFL list look silly (Waddell). Plays against Werribee for me.

#12 Mark Baguley: Only played a half but also was invisible for that half. Has to play against Werribee IMO.

#14 Jordan Ridley: Hmm. Good without being great, which is what we need.

#19 Kobe Mutch: Seamless entry. Stanton clone.

#22 Irving Mosquito: Hehehe. Plays like Tippa at the same age.

#23 David Myers: Good second half. Was invisible before HT though for some reason :p.

#24 Jordan Houlahan: Say it every other week, he needs to take his chances if he has so little of the ball.

#30 Brandon Zerk-Thatcher: Was very good before the corkie. Love him to bits.

#32 Noah Gown: I like the kid. May not be as impressive as Bowman but he's a good prospect still IMO.

#33 Brayden Ham: Very even over the 4 quarters. Nice little player.

#34 Jake Long: Standard Long. Good, not great, not enough pill.

#36 Michael Hartley: Best on for me. Completely destroyed the best key forward in the VFL.

#39 Trent Mynott: He just oozes class. Great game

#41 Ben McNiece: Beat Pearson and was generally good with his disposal.

#49 Matt Dea: Solid game against a good player in Conway.

#76 Will Snelling: Smith clone. Really like his tackle pressure.

Just a few things mate, love what you see but often you need to take the rose colored glasses off.

Ham was virtually unsighted in the first quarter, staggered so many are giving him easy votes.

That was probably the worst disposal game I have seen Ben McNeice play for some time at this level. His usual penetration and neat kicking was off substantially today. One thing that let him down from being in the votes imho.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back