Game Day VFL Round 13: Werribee vs Essendon, Chinside Park (Werribee), Sunday 30/06/19, 11:40 AM (Ch7 game)

Remove this Banner Ad

JayJ20

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Great tackle Snelling. Not far away from a senior game.

Well done boys! Hard fought win. Genuine premiership material.

Yoda_

Brownlow Medallist
May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
Let’s not take anything away from Werribee, they have a raft of very good VFL footballers.

A sprinkle of former AFL footballers to boost the squad and a good group of youngsters coming through and it bodes well for the future.

Thought our guys did an underwhelming job today with no one really stamping themselves on the game.

Only guys that were better than ordinary were Hartley and BZT. The rest were only ok or below. A few papered over the cracks with decent last quarters but the majority of guys were ordinary. Mynott, Snelling, Myers, Ridley even.

Disappointing about Mosquito also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BOMBERS 4 LIFE!!!!

TheBrownDog
Sep 2, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Let’s not take anything away from Werribee, they have a raft of very good VFL footballers.

A sprinkle of former AFL footballers to boost the squad and a good group of youngsters coming through and it bodes well for the future.

Thought our guys did an underwhelming job today with no one really stamping themselves on the game.

Only guys that were better than ordinary were Hartley and BZT. The rest were only ok or below. A few papered over the cracks with decent last quarters but the majority of guys were ordinary. Mynott, Snelling, Myers, Ridley even.

I thought it was a very good win Werribe threw every thing at us right till the final siren imo

TheGreatBarryB

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 20, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Texans, Astros, Leeds

Little generous on Hartley, had only one decent quarter as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yoda_

Brownlow Medallist
May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
I thought it was a very good win Werribe threw every thing at us right till the final siren imo
Agreed

Was arguably most workmanlike win for the year in the twos. Disappointing we didn’t have any dominant inside midfielders (25+ possession winners) today.

Nuggs Bunny

Premium Platinum
Oct 12, 2015
de_dust2
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys
Very good win given that we're also playing with a makeshift forward line at VFL level as well. Had Stewart or McKernan being playing at VFL level they would have been a lot less effective at intercepting off half back.

BrunoV

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
We where clearly worse in the last quarter without him on the ground.

For there to be a correlation would require some link between Clarke's and superior work in the middle of the ground which I did not see. Werribee also had the ascendancy for much of the 3rd quarter when Clarke was still on the ground.

The problem with the last quarter, and for much of the game, was players as good by foot as Hartley and Ridley gifting Werribee the ball and goals.

It was the wrong week for Hartley to use the ball badly enough to create 4 or 5 scoring opportunities for the opposition because the rest of his game was excellent.

Yoda_

Brownlow Medallist
May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Disagree. One or two bad kicks but overall he was very good. Had Riccardi in check, who only became a presence once Harts moved forward.
We’ve all got players we defend and bag. Some easier to decipher than others

Remove this Banner Ad