VFL Game Day VFL Round 13: Werribee vs Essendon, Chinside Park (Werribee), Sunday 30/06/19, 11:40 AM (Ch7 game)

Remove this Banner Ad

Second plays sixth in the televised game on channel 7 this week when Essendon play Werribee out in Werribee. The Tigers are in good form, winning 3 of their past 4 games with the only blemish being an 8 point loss to contender Williamstown whilst Essendon have done 4 of their last 5, their only loss coming from top of the table Richmond by 3 points. Werribee have a great record against the Dons, winning 3 of their last 4 clashes.

Werribee had a tight loss against their western region rivals Williamstown, going down by 8 points after being down by up to 37 points half way through the third quarter. Matt Munro had a break out game, kicking 5 goals for the Tigers whilst Michael Barlow and Matthew Hanson combined for 70 disposals between them running through the middle, kicking a goal apiece as well.

Essendon completely annihilated Port Melbourne today, leading from start to finish with inaccuracy the only problem, winning by 69 points. Aaron Francis was a presence in the forward line, kicking 4 goals against one of the best defenders in the VFL whilst the midfield trio of Danny Younan, Will Snelling and Brayden Ham had 79 disposals and 8 goals between them, Michael Hartley destroying Frosty Miller Medal leader Jordan Lisle, who had 9 touches and 1 behind with Hartley having 22 disposals and a goal himself.

Possible side:

Jordan Ridley - Michael Hartley - Matthew Dea
Nino Lazzaro - Brandon Zerk-Tatcher - Ben McNiece
Jake Long - Trent Mynott - Brayden Ham
Danny Younan - Aaron Francis - Will Snelling
Irving Mosquito - Noah Gown - Jordan Houlahan
Zach Clarke - David Myers - Aaron Heppell

Mark Baguley - Kobe Mutch - Kurt Aylett - Tom Jok
Heath Hocking - Wilson Berry - Liam McKenna - Jacob Brown
23P: Riley Bowman

Last edited:
Always a fun day to be had down by the Werribee river. Will be well worth the 2nd visit for the season.
Overpriced beer, s**t stirring locals, average food. Yeah, gonna disagree with you on this one Paz.

Did your mug ever end up on the TV from earlier in the year eth-dog ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
None of my mates gave me s**t so probably not

Last edited:
I was impressed by the food options when I went there for the double header at Easter to be honest. Never seen a canteen with that much variety!
Go to literally any VAFA canteen.

Mark Baguley - Michael Hartley - Matthew Dea
Jordan Ridley - Brandon Zerk-Thatcher - Ben McNiece
Jake Long - David Myers - Kobe Mutch
Irving Mosquito - Aaron Francis - Trent Mynott
Heath Hocking - Noah Gown - Jordan Houlahan
Zach Clarke - Brayden Ham - Will Snelling

Kurt Aylett - Wilson Berry - Riley Bowman - Daniel Guccione
Aaron Heppell - Bruno Laguda - Nino Lazzaro - Danny Younan
23P: Ben Huggard

Obviously Franga doesn't play. Hard to guess who misses other than Laguda and Gooch.

Mark Baguley - Michael Hartley - Matthew Dea
Jordan Ridley - Brandon Zerk-Thatcher - Ben McNiece
Jake Long - David Myers - Kobe Mutch
Irving Mosquito - Aaron Francis - Trent Mynott
Heath Hocking - Noah Gown - Jordan Houlahan
Zach Clarke - Brayden Ham - Will Snelling

Kurt Aylett - Wilson Berry - Riley Bowman - Daniel Guccione
Aaron Heppell - Bruno Laguda - Nino Lazzaro - Danny Younan
23P: Ben Huggard

Obviously Franga doesn't play. Hard to guess who misses other than Laguda and Gooch.
Club website article has Liam McKenna playing instead of Francis.

Club website article has Liam McKenna playing instead of Francis.
Probably because it came through after the late change. VFL website has Francis so eh. Essendon website doesn't seem to have Lazzaro or Younan on the bench either which is strange. All of McKenna, Aylett, Guccione, Laguda and Lazzaro have been released to play locally, which means Berry, Bowman, Heppell and Younan will play, which of the released players ends up back will be interesting.

Their side:

Dane McFarlane - Daniel Nielson - Max Spencer
Ryan Hebron - Nick Coughlan - Michael Sodomaco
Dominic Brew - Michael Barlow - Josh Clayton
Jack Henderson - Jake Riccardi - Joe Maishman
Max Augerinos - Kye Declase - Matthew Munro
Jack Berry - Matthew Hanson - Tom Gribble

Darcy Bennett - Matthew Brett - Angus Clarke - Bryan Hodgson
Ryan Kemp - Bior Malual - Alex Marklew - Baxter Norton
23P: Scott Carlin

Nielson and Coughlan probably take Gown and Bowman when he's forward, I'd put McNiece on Munro, Hartley on Riccardi and Zerk on Declase, who has struggled this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reallly happy with how the team is going. Lazzarro has taken a few steps this year, got a bit bigger and better with ball in hand.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back