VFL Game Day VFL Round 13: Werribee vs Essendon, Chinside Park (Werribee), Sunday 30/06/19, 11:40 AM (Ch7 game)

Remove this Banner Ad

Let’s not take anything away from Werribee, they have a raft of very good VFL footballers.

A sprinkle of former AFL footballers to boost the squad and a good group of youngsters coming through and it bodes well for the future.

Thought our guys did an underwhelming job today with no one really stamping themselves on the game.

Only guys that were better than ordinary were Hartley and BZT. The rest were only ok or below. A few papered over the cracks with decent last quarters but the majority of guys were ordinary. Mynott, Snelling, Myers, Ridley even.

Disappointing about Mosquito also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let’s not take anything away from Werribee, they have a raft of very good VFL footballers.

A sprinkle of former AFL footballers to boost the squad and a good group of youngsters coming through and it bodes well for the future.

Thought our guys did an underwhelming job today with no one really stamping themselves on the game.

Only guys that were better than ordinary were Hartley and BZT. The rest were only ok or below. A few papered over the cracks with decent last quarters but the majority of guys were ordinary. Mynott, Snelling, Myers, Ridley even.

I thought it was a very good win Werribe threw every thing at us right till the final siren imo

Little generous on Hartley, had only one decent quarter as well.

'99 the seniors were finals hardened and the best side in the competition that dropped its bundle in the Prelim.
yeh but vfl won the granny so........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought it was a very good win Werribe threw every thing at us right till the final siren imo

Agreed

Was arguably most workmanlike win for the year in the twos. Disappointing we didn’t have any dominant inside midfielders (25+ possession winners) today.

Very good win given that we're also playing with a makeshift forward line at VFL level as well. Had Stewart or McKernan being playing at VFL level they would have been a lot less effective at intercepting off half back.

So for all of his "hit outs", I assume he has dominated that stat, has there been any noticeable difference between Clarke on-ball and an undersized 19 year old follower?
We where clearly worse in the last quarter without him on the ground.

We where clearly worse in the last quarter without him on the ground.

For there to be a correlation would require some link between Clarke's and superior work in the middle of the ground which I did not see. Werribee also had the ascendancy for much of the 3rd quarter when Clarke was still on the ground.

The problem with the last quarter, and for much of the game, was players as good by foot as Hartley and Ridley gifting Werribee the ball and goals.

It was the wrong week for Hartley to use the ball badly enough to create 4 or 5 scoring opportunities for the opposition because the rest of his game was excellent.

Maybe generous but he didn’t have the serious howlers that McNeice in particular did. He was good (without being dominant) today

Hartley was our best player.
His first half especially first quarter were error laden

His first half especially first quarter were error laden
Disagree. One or two bad kicks but overall he was very good. Had Riccardi in check, who only became a presence once Harts moved forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back