VFL Game Day VFL Round 16*: Richmond vs Essendon (74-91 loss)

Remove this Banner Ad

I

I hope Langford gets a shot.
Also forgot McNiece (who was better than Gleeson). I'd bring Langers, Howlett, McNiece, Ambrose in for Colyer, Dea (unfortunate, just think the three talls is a better structure) and 2 yet to be determined others

Also forgot McNiece (who was better than Gleeson). I'd bring Langers, Howlett, McNiece, Ambrose in for Colyer, Dea (unfortunate, just think the three talls is a better structure) and 2 yet to be determined others
Not sure I can think of two other players you could consider dropping. I really want Ambrose back in as soon as he's fit though.

Not sure I can think of two other players you could consider dropping. I really want Ambrose back in as soon as he's fit though.
After that performance? There'll be a couple I'm just half asleep.

too early for Ed Begley jr? We need some size around the pill

tumblr_njfl9t51wv1qh59n0o4_500.gif

Also not going to even bother with much of a write up for the game, was the most indifferent game you could possibly spectate.

You can tell how playing 2 AFL games has helped with McNeice's development. Looks a lot more assured in his role.

A few players did a few nice things, but overall, meh.

Also not going to even bother with much of a write up for the game, was the most indifferent game you could possibly spectate.

You can tell how playing 2 AFL games has helped with McNeice's development. Looks a lot more assured in his role.

A few players did a few nice things, but overall, meh.
This sums it up really well actually. Your thoughts on Langford?

This sums it up really well actually. Your thoughts on Langford?

Pretty nondescript performance by Langford. He impressed with one or two of his clearances, and his physically when tackling, other than I don't remember too much (those lights made it very hard to see who was who).

too early for Ed Begley jr? We need some size around the pill

tumblr_njfl9t51wv1qh59n0o4_500.gif

He has no idea how to use that size to his advantage. Saw him out marked 2 or 3 times by VFL listed players where he appeared to have no idea.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looked at t
Pretty nondescript performance by Langford. He impressed with one or two of his clearances, and his physically when tackling, other than I don't remember too much (those lights made it very hard to see who was who).

Didnt hwlp playing a pseudo kpf role. Has been better on the ball and really could have benefitted alongside Bird and Howlett early. Wasnt till later it aleared till he was given an extended role in the middle. By that time, the Tigers were starting to get on top. We only began to break even.

One contest in the middle when he went "* this" and stamped his authority on it, looked a cut above but overall, very non existant.

Disappointing.

Whens alaverde back?

Watched the whole match and similar view to kakkle - underwhelmed. I think our entire list (VFL and AFL) got ahead of themselves this week after an excellent fortnight and both were sub par.

Francis was trying to do the impossible far too often instead of sticking to basics - the coaches need to get stuck into him for this - he's trying to play millionaires football and he's not earnt that right - far too cocky at present.

Stanton, Howlett, Bird were all average not really forcing the selectors hand for a promotion. Draper seemed to be slaughtered in the ruck by maric and soldo. McKernan was ok in patches but didn't impose himself enough. Boyse looked good early with strong marking up forward. Young Heppell struggled in what I think was his first game back. Long showed glimpses and so did Morgan early in the game. Begley was largely unseen and Clarke didn't seem to do much at all. Speaking of Mutch he had some injury issues - just some heavy knocks I think so couldn't be too critical of him. McNiece and Gleeson did some nice things and were two of our better players. Jerrett was just ok. Redman showed glimpses off half back but didn't impact the game. Langford likewise just didn't get to enough contests. The young bloke (peters I think his name) - has electric pace but bit off far more than he could chew nearly every time he had it trying to do much and getting caught.

Disappointing to lose a match I expected them to win.

Agree pretty much with all the comments. Watched the first 3/4 with Eth and Yoda and it was very underwhelming to say the least.
Thought Howlett was probably best but it was not an inspiring best.
Long was better than he has been. Work rate up a fair bit.
Langford did a couple of nice things in the middle but nothing as a forward. Francis , zero second efforts.
Draper had a few good patches with the hitouts but struggled when Maric was using his size to move him off the ball.
Clarke was ok in and under but his possessions had limited impact.
McKernan couple of good periods but no lasting impact. Redman looks to have gone backwards to me.
McNiece not too bad.
Gleeson a few good marks and a few shonky kicks.

Really ordinary game. Both sides where crap.

Agree pretty much with all the comments. Watched the first 3/4 with Eth and Yoda and it was very underwhelming to say the least.
Thought Howlett was probably best but it was not an inspiring best.
Long was better than he has been. Work rate up a fair bit.
Langford did a couple of nice things in the middle but nothing as a forward. Francis , zero second efforts.
Draper had a few good patches with the hitouts but struggled when Maric was using his size to move him off the ball.
Clarke was ok in and under but his possessions had limited impact.
McKernan couple of good periods but no lasting impact. Redman looks to have gone backwards to me.
McNiece not too bad.
Gleeson a few good marks and a few shonky kicks.

Really ordinary game. Both sides where crap.
Interesting call re Redman. Last week he was excellent. Obviously needs to build consistency. I was really hoping he would back up but reading your comments he didn't.

Sent from my F3115 using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back