2nds VFL Round 20 - Casey Scorpions v Geelong, Casey Fields, 2:00PM Sunday 12 August

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong

B: Eardley Gillies Bathie
HB: Wojcinski McLean Horlin-Smith
C: Byrnes T.Selwood Stringer
HF: Gleeson M.Brown Burbury
F: McCarthy Kersten Corrigan
Foll: Simpson Hogan Schroder
Int: (from) Barham Tutungi Maas Banjanin Raidme Blicavs Hollmer Condy

Interesting to see Simpson and Blicavs back, but no Vardy is a worry.

Also interesting to see Liam Jurrah and Jack Viney have been named on an extended bench for Casey. Hope we don't see Wojo renew pleasantries with young Jack, should both play.

Absolutely massive game this one. If we get the chocolates it will go a long way to hopefully snaring the double chance as well as a couple of "home" finals.

Casey is top of the ladder at 12-3... and a percentage of 103%!

Casey have won about half a dozen games by a goal or less.

They are a good side but they don't have as many afl listed guys in as when we played them last time so hopefully we can win. Top 2 is there for the taking if we do.

As for Vardy, I read the club said resting him this week was planned, so hopefully no issue there.

The side is a bit depleted with the afl callups but our depth is still very very good, when you look at the quality of the vfl listed guys on the bench.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you guys will win, we've got a lot of players out injured atm which has hurt our VFL side as you can see from limited amount of players with AFL experience.

Will be interested to see how we go.

Great if we win - double chance for the VFL side. And some more time getting some experience in a Geelong side.

Yes weakened by call ups - but should be enough talent to get us over the line.

If you keep putting your name forward, playing well in the VFL, still a chance for a call up to the seniors.

I am sure most will be going for it - as players must know that it will be a difficult list to cull before the ND.

Big week for Brown. If he can show some form he should be called up if Hawk fails in his rehab

Schroder as well , id say another bag would get him a go Motlop looked like he needs a rest. If Burburry was available it would be a real chance imo.

We are just running out of soldiers. And as good as all these kids look individually , as a group we are diminished when too many of them play. It really is a shame Hogan and Byrnes couldn't demand selection right now. The side is screaming for mature bodies with experience. That they aren't is probably the final nail.

Is Banjanin a real option as Rookie? How has he gone against AFL listed guys

They are trying to settle Brown down as a back now so can't see him replacing Hawk.

None of the guys playing tomorrow will get a callup next week with the amount of seniors coming back, but a reward game vs the dogs is likely if they play well.

They are trying to settle Brown down as a back now so can't see him replacing Hawk.

None of the guys playing tomorrow will get a callup next week with the amount of seniors coming back, but a reward game vs the dogs is likely if they play well.

True , but Brown in allow Taylor to be played forward. If Schroder kicks a few , we would have to consider him as we lack a small goal kicker without Chappy

True , but Brown in allow Taylor to be played forward. If Schroder kicks a few , we would have to consider him as we lack a small goal kicker without Chappy

I wouldn't be moving Taylor forward when they've got a few talls in the fwd line.

I still say Dogs game for Schroder.

Put it this way, if we get some senior players back next week the emgs are likely to read: Walker Sheringham Simpkin. Which means no one from today is likely to get a look in for the 25 (particularly with another short break again).

Holmer gets one too...
2.0 12

Go Catters

Litening to red time stream in LA..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back