VFL Game Day VFL Round 3: North Melbourne vs Essendon, Chirnside Park (Werribee), Saturday 20/04/19 @ 11 AM

Is it free to get in? Looking for reasons to make the trek out there...
No. It'll be 5 or 10 bucks though
Is this due to the construction occurring at Arden St or the ground itself? I live near by and have attended VFL games at Arden st before and the surface seems fine (apart from the little mine bombs my dogs lay there :cool:)
Not entirely sure.

Is this due to the construction occurring at Arden St or the ground itself? I live near by and have attended VFL games at Arden st before and the surface seems fine (apart from the little mine bombs my dogs lay there :cool:)

They moved it due to surface damage from dogshit. Well done

Apr 6, 2008
coburg
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Australian cricket team
Amended team (and a possible team for them too for the hell of it):

FB: Jake Long - Michael Hartley - Matt Dea
FF: Nathan Hrovat - Nick Larkey - Taylor Garner
HB: Martin Gleeson - Brandon Zerk-Thatcher - Ben McNiece
HF: Tarryn Thomas - Tom Wilkinson - Joel Crocker
MF: Tom Jok - Dylan Clarke - Brayden Ham
MF: Red Og Murphy - Nash Holmes - Kyron Hayden
HF: Josh Begley - Noah Gown - Jayden Laverde
HB: Tyrone Leonardis - Sam Parsons - Brendan Whitecross
FF: Jordan Houlahan - Joe Daniher - Irving Mosquito
FB: Fraser Cameron - Declan Watson - Jordan McIvor-Clark
OB: Sam Draper - Kyle Langford - Trent Mynott
OB: Tom Campbell - Dom Tyson - Curtis Taylor
IC: Danny Younan - Aaron Francis - Matt Guelfi - Nino Lazzaro
IC: Louis Cunningham - Chris Jansen - Quentin Montenaro - Mitch Rodd
IC: Kurt Aylett - Aaron Heppell - Heath Hocking - Ray Connellan
IC: Nick Rippon - Daniel Robinson - Lachlan Mirams - Brodie McLaughlin
23P: Jake Brown
23P: Cameron Hodges

There's a serious lack of height on their part.Really only have the mountains in Campbell, Mirams and Larkey but their key defenders would stand at 191/87 (Watson) and 192/83 (Parsons) compared to Daniher (201/99) and Gown (194/91). I wouldn't object to see big Edyn Sibbald, I doubt they could deal with all three of them height wise. Hell, if he is to play reserves I wouldn't mind seeing Francis play forward either.
Gleeson, Jok, Begley, Laverde, Daniher, Langford, Draper, Francis and Guelfi ... that is a damn good line up for VFL!!!

With that potential lineup I am tempted to stop by on my way back from the You Yangs. Just not sure I can handle the scrappiness that VFL games can be while stinking of sweat and worrying that some bogan is stealing my bike out of the car...

With that potential lineup I am tempted to stop by on my way back from the You Yangs. Just not sure I can handle the scrappiness that VFL games can be while stinking of sweat and worrying that some bogan is stealing my bike out of the car...
Do it. You will not regret it. VFL footy is very good to watch a lot of the time.

Aug 28, 2009
Bermuda Triangle
AFL Club
Essendon
How’s this side mainly all AFL Listed players

IMG_7677.JPG

blitzer

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 27, 2006
House
AFL Club
Essendon
Its official, we are going all out to win the VFL game!

The young forwards will have a blast playing with Daniher I'm sure. An invaluable opportunity for someone like Gown to learn from him playing together long before he's ready for AFL.

There will be a few blokes that will be sniffing opportunities to get into the side for ANZAC day given we are likely to rest 1 or 2 with the two 6 day breaks (and Worsfold suggesting as much during the week).

Their side:

Cameron (185/86) - McKay (201/95) - Cunningham (184/85)
Crocker (191/78) - Robinson (184/88) - Leonardis (184/85)
Holmes (183/81) - Hayden (186/88) - Tyson (186/85)
Garner (187/86) - Campbell (200/106) - Larkey (198/83)

Morgan (182/83) - Whitecross (183/86) - Murphy (185/80)
Xerri (201/94)
- Jansen (190/84) - Hrovat (175/78)

Harper (181/77) - McVeigh (188/95) - Montenaro (187/74) - Northe (183/74)
Parsons (192/83) - Taylor (187/79) - Watson (191/87) - Wilkinson (181/83)
23P: Hodges (177/75)

They have 13 AFL listed players to our 19. Of the 5 VFL listed players on their bench, I would back Robinson to play. That being said, I wouldn't be shocked to see either of the back pockets miss out, as they did last week.I think match-ups wise:

Hartley on Campbell/Xerri
Zerk-Thatcher on Larkey
Francis on Garner
Dea on Whitecross

McKay on Daniher
Watson on Gown
Leonardis on Mosquito

As far as the bench goes I think it'll be Heppell, Hocking, Younan and Houlahan.

Back