VFL Game Day VFL Round 3: North Melbourne vs Essendon, Chirnside Park (Werribee), Saturday 20/04/19 @ 11 AM

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey eth-dog, the senior game anything to go by, this should be a cake walk. North Melbourne (AFL) were insipid), hope the VFL can put in a performance like the seniors did.
I don't want that attitude from the players haha. I think our reserves are better, especially since Nick Rippon is injured (I reckon he's their best mid). We should be a much better side, but we have to show it.

On my way to this one now.. taking the fam bam down.. 30 degrees, sun out, crap opposition. Come on Bombers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ooh, can I meet mini Yoda today?

Pretty scrappy game so far.
Gown has dropped 2 marks he should have held in the fwd line.
Haven’t seen Mozzie yet?
Begley covering a bit of ground.
Gleeson getting some good touches.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might be reading too much into things, but it looks like Laverde is playing limited minutes and he's playing (frustratingly) deep...

He has 2.1 but I wouldn't say he is playing well. Doing what he needs to do when the ball is in his area is how I'd describe it.

Clarke has been busy and might have kicked 2, he definitely has a nice goal. He's also butchered a few inside 50s.

Mynott has a couple and been busy on the inside, too. It's probably between Mynott and Long as the best of the AFL listed players. Watching the VFL stream makes it as difficult to see some parts of the game as being at the ground. I think Hocking has probably been really good, too.

Oh, and Begley has looked pretty good playing as a high half forward. Finding the ball on the lead and starting to throw his weight around.

Reckon that Campbell is beating Draper (Draper has taken a few nice marks). It's very hard to tell who is winning the hit-outs.

Am here. Beautiful day so far.

We lead 10.9.69 to 3.5.23 at Half Time.

Gown & Begley both been excellent, particularly Gown. Very impressed with his marking (despite an earlier comment from another poster that he has dropped a couple). Gleeson looks very composed and no doubt we will see him in the firsts very soon.

Quite a few players here watching and supporting... Hooker, Bellchambers, Orazio, Shiel, Ridley, Redman, Guelfi amongst others.

If you watched North yesterday you’d have noted that they have serious problems. Now look at their 2’s and you’ll see the whole place is in a deep hole. Rabble from top to bottom.

Am here. Beautiful day so far.

We lead 10.9.69 to 3.5.23 at Half Time.

Gown & Begley both been excellent, particularly Gown. Very impressed with his marking (despite an earlier comment from another poster that he has dropped a couple). Gleeson looks very composed and no doubt we will see him in the firsts very soon.

Quite a few players here watching and supporting... Hooker, Bellchambers, Orazio, Shiel, Ridley, Redman, Guelfi amongst others.

Agree that Gown has been pretty good too.

I wouldn't say any performances are really standing out as great.

It's an extremely low intensity game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back