Game Day VFL round 3 v Northern Bullants

Remove this Banner Ad

Jesus Christ. I missed chunks of this game, but watching the match highlights just then...

That forward entry that lead to a marking contest in our defensive 50. As soon as the ball was spoiled, Young just stood there scared of the ball coming down onto his head. Didn't move an inch, and just watched around him as the opposition kicked a goal. Plays like that are what keeps you from ever being considered for selection again. The fact he's still doing things like this goes a long way towards explaining why the match selection committee rarely gives him a chance

Jesus Christ. I missed chunks of this game, but watching the match highlights just then...

That forward entry that lead to a marking contest in our defensive 50. As soon as the ball was spoiled, Young just stood there scared of the ball coming down onto his head. Didn't move an inch, and just watched around him as the opposition kicked a goal. Plays like that are what keeps you from ever being considered for selection again. The fact he's still doing things like this goes a long way towards explaining why the match selection committee rarely gives him a chance

I saw that too and thought it was very strange. Almost like the stuff you see when kids are playing.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Weightman was the only one who banged the door down today to get an AFL game. Everyone else only ok. Maybe Garcia, Buku possibly better than that.

Young was poor.

Last edited:
Weightman was the only one who banged the door down today to get an AFL game. Everyone only ok. Maybe Garcia, Buku maybe better than that.

Young was poor.

Starting to lean towards going small in the backline with Khamis coming in for Cordy.

Would like to see Weightman at senior level again.

I tuned in really hoping to see some positive signs from Young and Wally but I’ll be honest, I didn’t come away with too much enthusiasm. Wally looks like a guy who now finds himself needing to rediscover his former life as an inside mid and he’s struggling with it. Liked the look of Garcia and Weightman presented well too.

So, what's the verdict ... a depressing win?
Not at all depressing. It was a 43 point win at the end of the day, even if it wasn't spectacular. There were some positive signs from Bedendo, Garcia, Sweet and Weightman, which is all you can really hope for at minimum. JUH a bit quiet, but can't expect him to kick 5 every week

Remove this Banner Ad

Back