VFL ROUND 5: (Casey Versus Footscray)

Remove this Banner Ad

Based on DM app best: Young, Lipinski, Williams, Smith, West, Boyd
Tackles: West 10, Lipinski 8
Goal:3 Boyd, 2 Cavara, Gardne, 1 Lipinski, Barnett, Nash and West
Hitouts: 31 Young, 13 Boyd
Very Interesting
I'm really warming to West having a debut soon. Our forward pressure has been a bit of an issue lately, and his 10 tackles + 1 goal would go a long way towards filling the hole Dahlhaus left when he stopped caring after 2016

I'm really warming to West having a debut soon. Our forward pressure has been a bit of an issue lately, and his 10 tackles + 1 goal would go a long way towards filling the hole Dahlhaus left when he stopped caring after 2016
Agree but lipinski has put in a better body of work hard to go past him right now

Young is a interesting option as a second Ruck - particularly if he could go forward and snag the odd goal

Agree but lipinski has put in a better body of work hard to go past him right now

Young is a interesting option as a second Ruck - particularly if he could go forward and snag the odd goal

Lipi seems to have done something wrong coz he has been in the best near every week and hasn’t got a crack yet

Is he in the Roberts basket?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Missed most of the 1st quarter but here are a few obs from the rest of the game.
Best big man on the ground was Lewis Young, rucked most of the match and won just about every hitout he competed for. Not sure about the quality of the Casey rucks but Young jumped higher and outreached them consistently. He also took some good marks around the ground. I'm not sure what his position is if he returns to the seniors where he may find it very difficult against stronger opponents. However, there is so much potential in him and I like the idea that he is able to move around the ground rather than be stuck in one position where he can be out bustled.
Roarke Smith was very good, competed very hard, took some strong marks and got better as the game progressed.
Schache looked very intent on imposing himself physically early but later his efforts waned.
Boyd kicked 3 and today was a step forward in terms of his impact on the game.
Lipinski took a while to get involved but also improved as the game progressed - was the best of our midfield group.
R William was solid but not as prominent as last week.
West is a tackling machine and won several frees from those tackles. I think it is taking him a while to adjust to the pace but he's getting there.
Webb was pretty quiet again and the long rehab from his severe injury could be the issue with him.
Roberts was very solid in defence and actually ran down the ground a few times to support team mates - he's a very experienced campaigner these days but not sure if another opportunity is there for him.
Williams was better than last week and was effective from half-back. Still not demanding promotion IMO.
Cavarra injured his thigh in the 3rd quarter and took no further part. He got a bit more time in the midfield this week and got a few kicks.
Khamis is doing OK learning the trade.
Van der Meer turned the ball over a few times but got a bit of it. Learning the game and adjusting to the pace.
Dale was effective when he was able to get out of congestion of which there was plenty. I think he's the type of player who could play better in the seniors than in the VFL.

The Casey oval has one of the best surfaces in the state; green and lush - there is no excuse there for conditions on a day like today.
The hotdogs were good.

We don't need more mids. We need good forwards. Green or Cavarra when fit would be better for team balance. Dunkley and Libba in the f50 doesn't work

Nothing to do with mids.

Dicko is doing next to zero and Lipi is a very good disposal player.

Missed most of the 1st quarter but here are a few obs from the rest of the game.
Best big man on the ground was Lewis Young, rucked most of the match and won just about every hitout he competed for. Not sure about the quality of the Casey rucks but Young jumped higher and outreached them consistently. He also took some good marks around the ground. I'm not sure what his position is if he returns to the seniors where he may find it very difficult against stronger opponents. However, there is so much potential in him and I like the idea that he is able to move around the ground rather than be stuck in one position where he can be out bustled.
Roarke Smith was very good, competed very hard, took some strong marks and got better as the game progressed.
Schache looked very intent on imposing himself physically early but later his efforts waned.
Lipinski took a while to get involved but also improved as the game progressed - was the best of our midfield group.
West is a tackling machine and won several frees from those tackles. I think it is taking him a while to adjust to the pace but he's getting there.
Webb was pretty quiet again and the long rehab from his severe injury could be the issue with him.
Roberts was very solid in defence and actually ran down the ground a few times to support team mates - he's a very experienced campaigner these days but not sure if another opportunity is there for him.
Williams was better than last week and was effective from half-back. Still not demanding promotion IMO.
Cavarra injured his thigh in the 3rd quarter and took no further part. He got a bit more time in the midfield this week and got a few kicks.
Van der Meer turned the ball over a few times but got a bit of it. Learning the game and adjusting to the pace.
Dale was effective when he was able to get out of congestion of which there was plenty. I think he's the type of player who could play better in the seniors than in the VFL.

The Casey oval has one of the best surfaces in the state; green and lush - there is no excuse there for conditions on a day like today.
The hotdogs were good.

was Roarke playing up forward again?

The hotdogs were good.
Thank you!

31 hitouts for Young in the ruck.

That's the sort of old-fashioned versatility I like Bev - a mobile ruckman who can take grabs forward & back. If we can develop one of those we'll be well set, in addition to our 2.1m tall midfielder in English.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back