VFL Game Day VFL Round 5: Essendon vs Geelong, MCG, Sunday May 5, 11:50 AM

Remove this Banner Ad

Just flicked it on. Commentary lamenting the fact he hasn’t missed a target all day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Might want to look up the meaning of lamenting.

eth-dog

Small report on our guys please mate?

Didn’t see more than the last 10 mins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I missed half the first quarter but from what I saw:

#16 Josh Begley: Good without being great, had a couple of howlers though. Not sure this is the week.
#22 Irving Mosquito: Exciting passages of play. A lot to work with.
#24 Jordan Houlahan: Like his link up play but needs to take his chances inside 50.
#30 Brandon Zerk-Thatcher: Liken that he backs his hands but needs to know when to spoil.
#32 Noah Gown: Quiet day, but looks a prospect.
#33 Brayden Ham: Was really really good, one of my picks for the game.
#34 Jake Long: Standard Long game, had some really good moments but doesn't find the ball enough.
#36 Michael Hartley: Fantastic game, kicking was stellar. His man rarely touched the ball
#37 Dylan Clarke: Solid game. Love his intent.
#38 Sam Draper: Good first half with his presence, could make his debut next week.
#39 Trent Mynott: Best afield for me. Hope he gets a run post bye.
#49 Matt Dea: Standard Dea game, underrated kick

Lazzaro and Berry the pick of the VFL guys for me.

what sort of injury?

He came down on it in a marking contest and stayed down then took the next throw in and kind of competed but just buckled. Held his knee them got up and limped off. Wasn't seen again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really hope Mynott gets a look in next week.

Also, Mozzie is such fun to watch. He will play games later this year.

Is Houlahan anywhere near a senior game VFL watchers? We could do worse than bring in a strong marking forward to support Stringer and we don’t have a hell of a lot of other options right now...

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Bit of column a, bit of column b. Find out a lot when we play Casey next week.

Looked like the neck.

EDIT: I thought you were talking about the Geelong player
I don't think we'll know till we've played Richmond day of the Dreamtime at the G. Casey aren't going that great. It's Box Hill, Werribee, Footscray and Tigers our main competition.

I don't think we'll know till we've played Richmond day of the Dreamtime at the G. Casey aren't going that great. It's Box Hill, Werribee, Footscray and Tigers our main competition.
The Werribee who lost to a weaker Geelong side that we destroyed with arguably our weakest side of the year? Casey will definitely be better than the Bees, as will Williamstown.

I missed half the first quarter but from what I saw:

#16 Josh Begley: Good without being great, had a couple of howlers though. Not sure this is the week.
#22 Irving Mosquito: Exciting passages of play. A lot to work with.
#24 Jordan Houlahan: Like his link up play but needs to take his chances inside 50.
#30 Brandon Zerk-Thatcher: Liken that he backs his hands but needs to know when to spoil.
#32 Noah Gown: Quiet day, but looks a prospect.
#33 Brayden Ham: Was really really good, one of my picks for the game.
#34 Jake Long: Standard Long game, had some really good moments but doesn't find the ball enough.
#36 Michael Hartley: Fantastic game, kicking was stellar. His man rarely touched the ball
#37 Dylan Clarke: Solid game. Love his intent.
#38 Sam Draper: Good first half with his presence, could make his debut next week.
#39 Trent Mynott: Best afield for me. Hope he gets a run post bye.
#49 Matt Dea: Standard Dea game, underrated kick

Lazzaro and Berry the pick of the VFL guys for me.

Eth - do you think the kicking issue is starting to become mental for Clarke? rare for a player to have twice as many marks as kicks!

Eth - do you think the kicking issue is starting to become mental for Clarke? rare for a player to have twice as many marks as kicks!
Both. His kicking has been better this year though IMO

Is Houlahan anywhere near a senior game VFL watchers? We could do worse than bring in a strong marking forward to support Stringer and we don’t have a hell of a lot of other options right now...

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
No. He's only just getting to VFL standard now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back