VFL Game Day VFL Round 6: Coburg vs Essendon (150-61 win)

Remove this Banner Ad

Would someone who went to the game be a sick campaigner and tell us how our AFL listed players went today?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TBC is playing great football. Takes many contested marks around the ground and kicks goals. Reckon he deserves his chance.
We all know he can play the game to a high level, even though it has been a few years. I wold love to know how hungry, desperate, angry and how much willingness he had to put aside any little niggles/pain to push through to impact the game at any given moments.

(all traits I personally do not hold and kicking six is a great sign I know)

Few of my thoughts from todays game.

TBell

This will sound stupid, but can you kick 6 goals and be nominated as BOG and do your career at Essendon damage?

He kicked 6 goals and played mostly as a stay at home forward with a chopout in ruck when Draper required a rest. The question I ask is what is the plan for TBell? He's very good as that deep forward at this level because he can monster backs at this level! I wouldn't think he has to many other tricks so for me still has to play majority ruck and then rest forward! If played forward for the majority of the year he will kick lots of goals at this level and I suspect other clubs will come knocking. I just don't see where he fits in at the next level because he's not going to have it that easy at the next level and his mobility is not good enough to play deep forward at the next level.

Langford

I haven't given up on this guy being a very good player. Early in the year he looked to clutch at everything and I think it really hurt his confidence. Not anymore! His hands are lightning and just has class written all over him! If the lightbulb goes off for this guy I think we have a match winner on our hands! His work in close is amazing and this is where he needs to keep developing! I see him as that midfielder that can torch a game in the middle and then drift forward and create a mismatch. If he takes a midfielder forward with him then good luck trying to stop him above his head because he's got great hands. He's really powerful through the hips so if he can take that next step then watch out!

Redman

I thought he was showing glimpses last week and this week he turned it up again. I wouldn't say he's lightning quick, but what he does do is hit everything at pace. Played mostly half back and is starting show us the glimpses he showed last year! Progressing well.

Begley

Kicked three or four opportunist type goals. Very quick sharp leads that are hard to stop when he's up and going. Kicking is all class. Great size for a midfielder and I wish their was a spot for him to be tried there! Looks to have the tank for it and is a real competitor.

Morgan

Looks like he's turned the corner. Didn't have to do much today but clearly looks switched on. Doesn't lose his opponent like he has in the past and has good pace. Makes good decisions and doesn't panic. Worth persisting with in my opinion.

Bellchambers

Clear best on ground performance for the big fella. Spent around 70% forward and snagged 6 goals. Once they finally stopped bombing it on his head he dominated, kicking goals from on the lead and one around his body. When he did ruck he dominated, winning hitouts and taking marks around the ground. On today's form he demands a spot next week but I don't know how it is possible. He can't play in the same forward line as JD and Hooker so either Hooker goes back or he forces Leauenburger out.

Begley

Started slowly but ended up being in everything. Kicked goals, involved in scoring chains and was just a bull in the forward half. Couple of skill errors here and there but an excellent game by him.

Morgan

Very solid game today. Defensively he didn't get beaten and used the ball very well. Has good closing speed effecting spoils, when you think he won't make it.

Redman

Most exciting player for me today. Playing across half back he attacked the ball well and his movement with the ball in traffic was first class. This kid has something.

Langford

Few basic skill errors early doors but ended up being one of the best. If he kicked a bit straighter he could have kicked a nice little bag. 50m snap goal showed how classy he can be. Was very good in tight spaces.

Clarke

The other major positive for me today . Thought he was excellent. Seemed more composed when disposing of the ball instead of just banging it on his boot. There is no arguing his inside ball winning ability and courage. Still have grave concerns over his kicking but today was much better.

Sent from my F3115 using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back