VFL Game Day VFL Round 6: Coburg vs Essendon (150-61 win)

Remove this Banner Ad

Tbell

23 Disposals
6 Marks
6 Goals

Too good for this level but don't know if he can do it playing seniors.
Of course he can do it at senior level. He played one senior game (first in 695 days) and finished the game with 6 contested marks and a goal in the 2nd half. He won the hit outs but didn't dominate. People criticised him heavily for this.

Next week Melbourne plays Adelaide in Adelaide and Jacobs did similar to TBC (didn't dominate the ruck despite Melbourne playing their 3rd string ruckman). Melbourne crushed them out of the centre.

Luey goes ok and tries hard. But he gets no goals, rarely takes a mark forward or back and when he lines up on a class ruckman, he gets crushed, eg Sandilands 60 tapouts to 19.

TBC is likely to add more to our team than Luey. The challenge is there for Luey to lift his game or make way for a guy in good form.

Last edited:
Of course he can do it at senior level. He played one senior game (first in 695 days) and finished the game with 6 contested marks and a goal in the 2nd half. He won the hit outs but didn't dominate. People criticised him heavily for this.

Next week Melbourne plays Adelaide in Adelaide and Jacobs did similar to TBC (didn't dominate the ruck despite Melbourne playing their 3rd string ruckman). Melbourne crushed them out of the centre.

Luey goes ok and tries hard. But he gets no goals, rarely takes a mark forward or back and when he lines up on a class ruckman, he gets crushed, eg Sandilands 60 tapouts to 19.

TBC is likely to add more to our team than Luey. The challenge is there for Luey to lift his game or make way for a guy in good form.

Don't know who would go out for Tbell be nice to have to capable rucks tho.

Would someone who went to the game be a sick campaigner and tell us how our AFL listed players went today?
I was there for the whole game but wouldn't have a clue :) But I can tell you how good Coburg Lager is!

Spent the whole day chatting to my fellow Brunswick/Coburg mates.

Was a great day.

Great result though, always a good sign when the VFL team has a big win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This. TBell drifts forward and kicks goals. Luey has already said quite openly that he's a pure ruckman and not terribly good forward. TBell plays angry and should be first ruck IMO.

He's definitely putting his hand up for a recall. Woosha seems reluctant to play two ruckman though so interesting times for Belly.
Yeah, Leuenberger needs his best game tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to Jobe, Myers and Heppell getting fitter too. If TBell plays ruck and gets to tap to these guys again, the service for Zach and Parish etc could be so slick.

I was there for the whole game but wouldn't have a clue :) But I can tell you how good Coburg Lager is!

Spent the whole day chatting to my fellow Brunswick/Coburg mates.

Was a great day.

Great result though, always a good sign when the VFL team has a big win.
Coburg lager tent, great hamburgers, Italian food truck and crap loads of seats. Top notch local footy setup.

Raz was a champ. There was a group of about 15 players including Hepell, Zerrett, Hurley and McGrath but the kids all went to Raz for an autograph.

Being such a good Italian boy he was there with his dad. Pretty sure he is also the teachers pet... Only player to go sit with whoosh at any time .

Sent from my F3115 using Tapatalk

Dreamtime or the GWS game for a Bellchambers recall?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Coburg lager tent, great hamburgers, Italian food truck and crap loads of seats. Top notch local footy setup.

Raz was a champ. There was a group of about 15 players including Hepell, Zerrett, Hurley and McGrath but the kids all went to Raz for an autograph.

Being such a good Italian boy he was there with his dad. Pretty sure he is also the teachers pet... Only player to go sit with whoosh at any time .

Sent from my F3115 using Tapatalk
Yeah I must admit I had a ripper of a day.

Tool the little fella to his first game (he is 7 months old) with the wife.

Two other couples we are good friends with took their bubbas and a whole other bunch of friends that don't even like footy came along as they live in Coburg/Brunswick.

The Coburg tent is incredible compared to buying terrible beer at the MCG and Etihad. $6 for a decent sized cup of good beer.

Helps that I live just around the corner but it was a bloody great day/awesome atmosphere.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back