VFL ROUND 7: Footscray versus Werribee

Remove this Banner Ad

There is entirely no reason to rubbish Lipinski. His performances graph is on the rise - at least let it plateau before you go the kick. There was similar nonsense said of Hunter two weeks before he established himself and has never looked back.

This is some serious unhinged nonsense. There is a guy in Hayes getting games - who has never shown anything - is 24 and posters decide to kick a kid who in every measure is on the rise.

Kid has shown a bit in his AFL games, has a bit of class, reasonably evasive, v.good shot at goal and a fair bit of heart and footy smarts. Whilst, he isn't super fast, he is quick enough. His output has jumped significantly in VFL from previous years. I Applaud his effort in continuing to put pressure on the seniors.

Who’s gone the kick ? Opinions differ on who he should be playing in front of but the reality is he’s playing twos due to lack of pre season form and possibly not doing what’s required by the coach.
Pretty straight forward

There were only two JLT games. And I think people mostly say JLT form doesn't matter..... yet in the games that do matter, we have had a few players who have done SFA on a regular basis for more than two games, not really showing they are 'ready' in the case of the first year players, exposed ceiling way lower than Lippi's at this stage. Sure he needs to get more of the ball but he has the smarts and uses it well when he gets it.

Agree there’s been poor form in the ones but the only spot he could take is that of Hayes and personally I think Dale takes it.

Agree there’s been poor form in the ones but the only spot he could take is that of Hayes and personally I think Dale takes it.
Yeah not much between them

j2IUcrK.png

L18rod0.png

Thanks Grimlock.

FKs 22-12. Clear home side bias from the umpires! ;)

On a more serious note, neither Lipinski nor Williams managed to register a tackle. Not a good sign, even if they are playing a largely receiving role. Every player should have responsibility for defensive work when the time comes. It seems the heavy work in that department was done by Scott, Porter and R Smith.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back