VFL ROUND 7: Footscray versus Werribee

Remove this Banner Ad

Final: Footscray 13.13 91 def Werribee 11.14 80
Possession 51-49% our way.

Goals:
Dale 3, Drummond 2, Scott 2, Kanakis, Lipinski, Schache, Vandermeer, J Wallis, Webb

Leading Disposals:
Lipinski 30, Williams 28, Young 23 (9 mks, 9 HOs), Dale 21, Porter 19, Scott 19, Vandermeer 18 (seemed to start slowly), Schache 17

Sweet had 33 HOs but only 2 kicks, no marks. Werribee's rucks had 29 HOs combined.

Dale must be promoted. He ticks all boxes has good form, clean disposal and goal sense
Let's see how the seniors go. If it's a rout there'll probably be muliple changes. If we win, maybe not.

I'd be interested in comments from anyone at the game. (Mantis Toboggan ?)

Dickson and Jong had low disposals but they did keep ticking over (just) so probably not injured.
Webb started well but his stats stopped accumulating after about HT. Was he injured?

Mainly - who impressed the most?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can you please tell us interstate guys why? We never get to see him.

Sure. Ive seen him live a couple of times now and he has some pace and generally runs in straight lines but its the way that he kicks a heavy ball that impresses me most. Still needs to find ways to get involved a little more, but in time he could play as an attacking half back or winger.

I'd be interested in comments from anyone at the game. (Mantis Toboggan ?)

Dickson and Jong had low disposals but they did keep ticking over (just) so probably not injured.
Webb started well but his stats stopped accumulating after about HT. Was he injured?

Mainly - who impressed the most?
I left at 3qtr time to come home to bed. My 12pm beer was sending me to sleep.

Lipinski, for all the great numbers, was not too impressive. He gets plenty of the ball but I can’t see how his skills transfer to being a more peripheral player at AFL level. He’s not going to get a sniff in the midfield and his lack of pace is a concern anywhere else on the field. I just don’t know what he offers.

Williams looked a class above. I rate him very highly and admit a complete bias, however he has surely proven he’s AFL level.

Lynch flits between exceptionally good and bang average. He’s a poor mans Matt Suckling with half the awareness and even less defensive nous.

Honeychurch should be resigned and his brain harvested and implanted in Josh Schache’s skull. Such a talented player, just wish we could install some desire in him. What a frustrating lad to watch.

Jong is finding his fitness. I’m not reading anything into his performance.

Hot chips were good.

Thought Young had a very good game. Composed, very good one on one.

Bailey Dale a level above VFL, played well today.

Schache still not hitting hard enough.

Jong seemed to be just jogging around a bit and gave off some of his usual crap 4 metre handballs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back