VFL ROUND 8: Footscray Versus North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Lewis Young had 6 disposals and no marks. What position was he playing to see so little of it but play so well ?
VFL Report | 'Scray claim two in a row

May 25, 2019 10:50PM

669451-tlslargeportrait.jpg

Lewis Young was influential in the Dogs' 19-point win over North Melbourne. (Photo: AFL Media)

A three-goal haul from Tory Dickson has granted the Footscray Bulldogs with a 19-point victory over North Melbourne on Saturday night at VU Whitten Oval.

In slippery conditions, the ‘Scray started slow, before a five goal second term saw the home side take a 10-point lead into the main break. A dominant fourth quarter performance saw the Bulldogs broaden the margin the 19-points, ultimately sealing the win.

Developing midfielder Callum Porter enjoyed a stand-out game, laying eight tackles and booting two goals, while Lukas Webb continued his impressive VFL form, collecting 24 disposals, three tackles and a goal.

Rhylee West was influential in the engine room, collecting 19 disposals and six tackles, alongside Will Hayes who gathered 21 disposals, three tackles and two inside 50’s.

Playing all over the ground, Lewis Young enjoyed a solid performance, booting one goal and getting the upper hand on 30 hit outs, while Lachie Young shone in defence with six rebound 50’s and seven marks.

Midfielder/forward Fergus Greene made a solid contribution in his first game back from injury with two inside 50’s and two marks.

The Footscray Bulldogs will take on Geelong next Sunday 2nd June at VU Whitten Oval from 2:00pm.

MATCH DETAILS

Footscray 1.4 6.5 9.8 12. 11 (83)
North Melbourne 3.5 4.7 7.9 9. 10 (64)

Best
Dickson, Scott, West, Young, Webb Porter

Goals
Dickson 3, Schache, Porter 2, Smith, Drummond, Roberts, Le. Young, La. Young 1

Leading disposals
Webb 24, Hayes 21, Gowers, West 19, Porter, La Young 17

VFL Report | 'Scray claim two in a row

May 25, 2019 10:50PM

669451-tlslargeportrait.jpg

Lewis Young was influential in the Dogs' 19-point win over North Melbourne. (Photo: AFL Media)

A three-goal haul from Tory Dickson has granted the Footscray Bulldogs with a 19-point victory over North Melbourne on Saturday night at VU Whitten Oval.

In slippery conditions, the ‘Scray started slow, before a five goal second term saw the home side take a 10-point lead into the main break. A dominant fourth quarter performance saw the Bulldogs broaden the margin the 19-points, ultimately sealing the win.

Developing midfielder Callum Porter enjoyed a stand-out game, laying eight tackles and booting two goals, while Lukas Webb continued his impressive VFL form, collecting 24 disposals, three tackles and a goal.

Rhylee West was influential in the engine room, collecting 19 disposals and six tackles, alongside Will Hayes who gathered 21 disposals, three tackles and two inside 50’s.

Playing all over the ground, Lewis Young enjoyed a solid performance, booting one goal and getting the upper hand on 30 hit outs, while Lachie Young shone in defence with six rebound 50’s and seven marks.

Midfielder/forward Fergus Greene made a solid contribution in his first game back from injury with two inside 50’s and two marks.

The Footscray Bulldogs will take on Geelong next Sunday 2nd June at VU Whitten Oval from 2:00pm.

MATCH DETAILS

Footscray 1.4 6.5 9.8 12. 11 (83)
North Melbourne 3.5 4.7 7.9 9. 10 (64)

Best
Dickson, Scott, West, Young, Webb Porter

Goals
Dickson 3, Schache, Porter 2, Smith, Drummond, Roberts, Le. Young, La. Young 1

Leading disposals
Webb 24, Hayes 21, Gowers, West 19, Porter, La Young 17

It says here Young got 30 hot outs and played all over the ground. Sweet was the one with 30 and some on here have said Young played full back all game.
Bit confusing.

It says here Young got 30 hot outs and played all over the ground. Sweet was the one with 30 and some on here have said Young played full back all game.
Bit confusing.
He played in the back line mostly but I also noticed him further up the ground on several occasions. I have noticed with those VFL reports in the past that all they talk about is stats of players and then make assumptions based on that. Should have a better report by someone who has actually watched the game.

Doesn’t sound like anyone pushed their case for senior selection?

Having to travel to Perth to play West Coast, I'd imagine someone would cut their arm off rather than put it up for selection.

I'd replace Richards with Schache for the Eagles game, Dickson for Dale after the bye.

I saw Podsiadly play live versus Willy when we were aligned and Geelong only kicked two goals and
he kicked them both, a Geelong mate asked me how the players went and I told him you only have
one player worth a selection James Podsiadly and he was picked up at the end of the year, I think
working in fitness helped him switch on a lot.
Ah Pods, my favourite all time VFL player and as like many of the Werribee/VFL watches at the time was crying out for the club to recruit him when we was 25 and ripping games apart. Unfortunately was 10 years too early, clubs now finally have realised there is talent at VFL level (Miocheck anyone). Imagine if we had a prime pods in 2008.

Tommy Campbell 52 Hit Outs, 22 Disposals, you beautiful big man.

To quote the "Fine Young Cannibals" loosely.

Tommy, we're sorry,
Why don't you come on home,
We worry,
Why don't you come on,
What is wrong, in Bevo's mind,
A second ruck, he just can't find,
At least at North, i can say,
The first ruck Goldy, he can play,
Tommy, we're sorry.

Tommy Campbell at the top of the list,
Pulls on the black glove,
And raises his fist,
Had a lot of niggles,
He could never quite get it right,
But Jordon Sweet has purple ass cheeks tonight.

Note: Could have been the cold weather and technically we won. :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back