Scape Goat VFL Show Trial - Toby Tax ‘4’-ever

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 30, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
This is how Michael Christian and the MRO adjudicated the same incident for the Lions.

Toby receives the same treatment and pays $1,500.

Or is there an integrity problem at the MRO?

Equal Justice or Cats/Hocking justice?

IMG_5463.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If you can't tell the difference between grabbing someone's arms and bumping shoulder into shoulder, there's no hope. That's a fantastic amount of one eyed supportership

Cmon there is a pretty clear difference between what happened with Toby and Neale, Toby bumps right into the umpire without even trying to get out of the way there is much more contact.

Where’s the contact?

And if there was contact, why didn’t the Umpire immediately put him on report?

At no point is the umpire jolted by perceived contact.

It’s a down the ground long camera lens that does not show the distance between Toby and the Umpire.

IMG_5464.JPG

Last edited:
Where’s the contact?

It’s a down the ground long camera lense that does not show the distance between Toby and the Umpire.

View attachment 1219794

That would be the hope for Toby. Camera angles don't always tell the whole story. Fingers crossed he really didn't actually come into contact.

This is how Michael Christian and the MRO adjudicated the same incident for the Lions.

Toby receives the same treatment and pays $1,500.

Or is there an integrity problem at the MRO?

Equal Justice or Cats/Hocking justice?

View attachment 1219768

Looks like Pendlebury is on board with this take

Where’s the contact?

It’s a down the ground long camera lense that does not show the distance between Toby and the Umpire.

View attachment 1219794

Pretty clearly shows the "umpire jolted".

Watching the replay I did wonder why he wasn't put on report though.

You have to be suspended for that. You just have to be.
The only exception is if the umpire comes forward and says he wasn't contacted - he just moves in anticipation and it looks like contact as a result. But I'm not going to pretend that's what I think happened - it's trying to see what you want to believe, like a second shooter in the Zapruder film.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty clearly shows the "umpire jolted".

Watching the replay I did wonder why he wasn't put on report though.

One of the most experienced umpires in the game.

Why no report?

Because he’s not guilty.

Why’s he talking to the Umpire?

Because he’s been Captain almost all year.

Pendlebury gets it, and he’s so certain that he puts it in writing as an opposition club Captain.

Will be staggered if he doesn't get a week. I'd like to know what the conversation was about. You can almost read his lips.

Probably about all the off-the-ball cheap shots he’s been receiving that the umpires have been completely ignoring.

In other words, the usual.

The only exception is if the umpire comes forward and says he wasn't contacted - he just moves in anticipation and it looks like contact as a result. But I'm not going to pretend that's what I think happened - it's trying to see what you want to believe, like a second shooter in the Zapruder film.

The umpire hasn’t said he was contacted.

So on the contrary, the umpire would have to come forward and say he was contacted.

Although there is the Toby tax, so I agree he is always ‘presumed guilty’ by the VFL media.

I'm shocked you don't believe there was a shooter on the grassy knoll. :oops:

The umpire hasn’t said he was contacted.

So on the contrary, the umpire would have to come forward and say he was contacted.

Although there is the Toby tax, so I agree he is always ‘presumed guilty’ by the VFL media.

The footage makes it more clear than not that he was contacted. Given the umpire is an employee of the AFL I have no doubt he will be asked what happened and that will be the basis for any charge.

that‘s pretty illuminating isn’t it.

looks like clear daylight between the two with Stevic turning away at the right moment to avoid contact all together.

Obviously its Toby so he will be charged with “It looked like he made contact so he’s guilty” and still get 6 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back