Scape Goat VFL Show Trial - Toby Tax ‘4’-ever

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here’s what a fit-up looks like.

Toby’s answers are rock solid, consistent and uncontested by the other party to the conversation.

IMG_5540.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

A BREAK IS CALLED
10.45am:
Greene says: "I understand the important role the umpires play in the game. I understand that contact is not supposed to be made with the umpires." He has now finished giving evidence. Tribunal chairman Ross Howie suggests a 10-minute break, given we are now approaching two hours' worth of evidence.

Though I admittedly havent seen the incident, but since Wakelin got suspended himself for a similar thing, I suppose he will judge accordingly based on a personal experience with case law haha. Lets hope its only 1 match as well though I doubt it with Toby's premium tax.

GREENE'S ACTIONS 'INSOLENT AND CONTEMPTUOUS'
11.06am:
We are back from our break. Jeff Gleeson QC lodges his final submission, saying that "umpires are untouchable". He continues: "It's fundamental to our game … that the umpire is respected. The moment any of us deviate from enforcing that rule, because it's hard, is the moment we change the game and the way our umpires are treated." Gleeson says Greene "complained, swore, got in his face, and bumped him". He said Greene's actions were "insolent and contemptuous".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FINAL SUBMISSIONS LODGED
11.34am:
Toby Greene's representative, Ben Ihle QC, agrees that "it's not a good look for the game … it's a terrible look". But he says the question the Tribunal must consider is: "At the point contact was made, what was going through Toby Greene's mind?" He says the Tribunal can't make a decision based on the look, but what was going through Greene's head. He later says: "Mr Greene should have never put himself in that situation, but that doesn't mean he made intentional contact".

He said umpires are untouchable and Heppell touched an umpire :infodeskperson:

heppell touched an umpire to prevent him from putting him on his arse. The fact that so many of you are defending Toby is laughable. Constantly puts himself in this position, great player no doubt, little brains.

heppell touched an umpire to prevent him from putting him on his arse. The fact that so many of you are defending Toby is laughable. Constantly puts himself in this position, great player no doubt, little brains.
So you agree?

yes, he touched an umpire. It was not intentional, aggressive, forceful or disrespectful 🤦🏻‍♂️ unlike Toby
But they both touched an umpire and Gleeson said umpires are untouchable?

I mean this is the GWS Big Footy board. We wouldn't be very good fans if we didn't want the best outcome for our team, right?

JURY TO DELIBERATE
11.47am:
The Tribunal's jury will now deliberate on whether they find Toby Greene guilty, or not guilty, of making intentional contact with umpire Matt Stevic. We'll have an outcome shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back