Scape Goat VFL Show Trial - Toby Tax ‘4’-ever

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
GREENE'S SIDE ARGUES AGAINST SUSPENSION
12.46pm:
Toby Greene's representative, Ben Ihle QC, says this is an unusual case. He points to Tom Hawkins' one-match ban for swotting the hand of umpire Dean Margetts in 2018 and says the jury should be informed "by the previous cases that have come before you". He argues for a "severe financial penalty" and not a suspension. He says a fine of between $20,000 to $25,000 is appropriate.

GREENE'S SIDE ARGUES AGAINST SUSPENSION
12.46pm:
Toby Greene's representative, Ben Ihle QC, says this is an unusual case. He points to Tom Hawkins' one-match ban for swotting the hand of umpire Dean Margetts in 2018 and says the jury should be informed "by the previous cases that have come before you". He argues for a "severe financial penalty" and not a suspension. He says a fine of between $20-25,000 is appropriate.

JURY TO DELIBERATE ON PENALTY
12.54pm:
The Tribunal's jury will now deliberate once again, this time on a penalty. The AFL is arguing for a minimum six-match suspension, while Toby Greene's camp is arguing for a fine in the region of $20-25,000. We'll have an outcome soon.

GREENE DEPARTS TRIBUNAL
12.56pm:
Toby Greene has been forced to leave the AFL Tribunal, as Greater Western Sydney has a flight to catch to Western Australia for Friday night's semi-final against Geelong. The Tribunal has been informed that he will phone in on his way to the airport.

The NRL has just handed out a 6 week suspension to L Mitchell for collapsing the skull of an opponent with a pre-meditated shoulder charge to the eye-socket.

And the AFL wants a minimum of 6 weeks for Toby.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

You strike me as the kind of bloke that doesn't have many friends

You are a bit of a loner aren't you champion?

The question is simple...does the National Player and Official Deregistration Policy apply to the AFL?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-08-31 at 1.10.20 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2021-08-31 at 1.10.20 pm.png
    45.6 KB · Views: 54

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do we appeal?

The only thing I would take issue with is that it was deemed "aggressive", that's clearly the opposite of the testimony of the umpire.

Might get that from 3 to 2 but not sure it's worth the energy

Well there you go. Have probably cost us a chance at a flag Toby. Without Tom green there too. Stupid

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back