VFL VFL: Geelong Season 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not quite with you train of thought here CE...
The typo wouldn’t have helped... “Keep is a little premature”.

By which I meant, he’s been here such a short time I wouldn’t say it had been an active decision to “keep” him.

The typo wouldn’t have helped... “Keep is a little premature”.

By which I meant, he’s been here such a short time I wouldn’t say it had been an active decision to “keep” him.

LOL... I was actually referencing the pick..rather than the player... ie.. amazing things happen when we keep and use the pick..

This is outstanding
will need soe to be live streaming for me.. or an on demand option as im ****ed as Kayo not available outside OZ and Fox Footy wont cover it.

GO Catters

Is it only on Kayo or in Foxtel as well? Surely Foxtel could at least have the matches available afterwards on demand. It’s a great step forward having the games covered anyway.
Is the ABC still providing a couple of games?

I know the AFL love looking to the US for ways they can improve the AFL. Providing tv coverage of state league and the elite junior games would grow interest in the game. Particularly in the draft and junior players. It would give more people access to know players before they’re drafted. Allowing the AFL to make the draft the bigger event they want.

will need soe to be live streaming for me.. or an on demand option as im f’ed as Kayo not available outside OZ and Fox Footy wont cover it.

GO Catters
Well there does seem to be a fair bit of Hollywood action shifting down under. The guy from 50 shades of grey was in the corporate box next to the one I was in at the wiggles concert with his kids yesterday. Might be some opportunity

Is it only on Kayo or in Foxtel as well? Surely Foxtel could at least have the matches available afterwards on demand. It’s a great step forward having the games covered anyway.

I know the AFL love looking to the US for ways they can improve the AFL. Providing tv coverage of state league and the elite junior games would grow interest in the game. Particularly in the draft and junior players. It would give more people access to know players before they’re drafted. Allowing the AFL to make the draft the bigger event they want.
The big cost is the camera crew at the game, once that's paid for making it available to a bunch of platforms to stream should be just additional zero cost revenue for them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

College sport gets broadcast in the US because huge swathes of the population care way more about Ohio State or LSU or Duke than they do about an NFL or NBA team. That's competition to the big leagues rather than growing the sport.

Congrats to our leadership group

Aaron Black will captain Geelong's VFL team in 2021.

Darcy Lang has been named as vice captain with Callum Mitchell, Daniel Capiron and Jackson Thurlow rounding out the leadership group.

Sam Simpson to play this weekend

Fingers crossed with Sam. That was a huge hit in last year’s GF - it’s hard for some players to get back to their best after knocks like those.
Although we need him in the AFL, they should avoid rushing him back.
He had a shoulder issue and then a quad, I know the hit your talking about is for concussion purposes but it’s been 7 months.
He’ll be fine

College sport gets broadcast in the US because huge swathes of the population care way more about Ohio State or LSU or Duke than they do about an NFL or NBA team. That's competition to the big leagues rather than growing the sport.

its not really competition but it more compliments the NFL.
There is only 8 home games per season in the NFL and most are in major cities that support only 1 team. Tickets for most NFL games sell out quickly and are damn expensive.
Also college football is played predominantly on Saturdays while the NFL doesn’t play on Saturdays and most of it’s games are played on a Sunday. The reason for this is so the 2 tiers (pro & college) do not go head to head and compete with one another.
You’re right about the passion for college support among it’s fans. The passion and enthusiasm I’ve witnessed at college games is 10x that I’ve seen at NFL games. The following among a lot of college football teams is as high (if not higher) than some pro teams particularly in places that don’t have NFL teams. A lot of this has to do with the connection a lot of the fans have to those colleges.

The AFL can’t even get AFL on cable tv this year in the US for the first time since 1988. It’s a s**t show. - so my chances of seeing VFL here are none and none

Go Catters

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back